Don’t Tell Me You Love Me and Then Act Like You Don’t

Nine;

Beth sat against the wall with her chin rested on her knees. Her hair messily covered her eyes as she sang brokenly to herself – something she’d learnt to pass the time doing.

“I’ll fix these broken things,
Repair your broken wings,
And make sure everything’s alright…” Her voice sounded broken and sad as she carried on mumbling the lyrics and finished the usually upbeat song. Beth’s attention shifted to the door as it was unlocked and opened and it didn’t surprise the eighteen year old to see Ryan standing in the doorway looking as fresh and handsome as ever.

“Come on,” He spoke softly and pulled her up. She flinched as he pulled her into his chest and pushed his lips to hers – a usually occurrence once she’d realised that she wasn’t strong enough to fight him anymore. Plus, the drugs Ryan kept feeding into her system confused her about her feelings and actions towards her kidnapper. As soon as Ryan let go of her body, he had a hold of her wrist and was dragging her into his bedroom causing her to stumble slightly.

“What’s going on?” She squeaked out as he pushed her onto his bed and told her to sit.

“I’ll be about ten minutes, look around if you want – but open the curtains and I’ll have to punish you,” Before Beth could ask another question, he stepped out of the bedroom door and left her alone. However this time it wasn’t in darkness and she wasn’t in a tiny closet – she was in his bedroom. She walked around the room and went to his bedside table where the digital clock flashed 15:23. Beth slowly sat down on the bed as her tired eyes stared around the room. She could hear talking from outside the bedroom door and then the sound of running footsteps followed by yelling and a few screams of a female voice. Immediately, Beth recognised the voice and rose from the bed with wide eyes just as the bedroom door swung open again and Ryan stepped in.

“What’s going on?” Beth shook out as Ryan walked towards her.

“Well we were going to let you and Angela see each other but she decided to try and make a run for it so we now know we can’t trust her.”

“Then take me to her instead.”

“And how do I know that you won’t pull the same stunt?” Ryan asked with raised eyebrows.

“I’m weaker than her and you and Brendon honestly scare the shit out of me,” Beth stated in a quiet voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting way behind with updating all of my stories - I know. However, I'm going through that period of the year were I just don't feel motivated to write (happens every year). And the fact that I have a shit load of coursework doesn't help :(.
Oh and I never re-read this update so sorry for any mistakes.
But I will try and write updates. No promises though :).