Untitled

Ordinary

I woke up this morning to the sunshine beaming through the window. It's a beautiful Friday morning; the day before the weekend is here. The aroma of coffee finds its way to the bedroom; the smell of crispy bacon overtaking the smell of my own morning breath. I wash up and scarf down breakfast before I leave for work. I say goodbye to the maid, and my kids wish me a good day at work. God, I love my job.

I've got two things to do already, and I barely stepped out the door. I make my way to the city, where I'm free to roam the skyscrapers and explore the broken. My job doesn't call for sitting a traditional office or a common work space. I stop by the desk to see what else people need from me today. I pick up 3 more tasks, and that pretty much makes up my work day. I grab all my equipment and head out to start.

First things first, I need to drop by the coffeehouse and say hello to the beautiful cashier working the register. Since I'm there, I pick up a bagel and another coffee, of course. Next, I meet with a businessman to discuss the new potential branches that might open up for his company. That is a sick tie he has on. He's such a nice guy, he even offered it to me. Last task for the day is to deliver a letter to a college student. He's a cool guy. I caught him on the way to his forensic analysis class. I can tell some people don't really like him though.

Ahhh, what a day at work. I head out to the beach to watch the sunset, drop by the desk to pick up my pay for today's work, and head home. Tomorrow's the weekend. Can't wait to take a break.

Later that night...

"How many is that this week?" Neal asked.
"12" replied Jack.
"He's clever. Unpredictable. We have to stop him. Before he gets one of us."
"But how do we catch him?"
"We have to set up a trap. One of us will have to b-"
"Neal! NEAL!" Jack screamed. Tears flowed from his face as he yelled out in rage.

I thought I was missing something. I forgot to kill Neal.