Quiet

two

Sometimes it feels like I'm drowning. Drowning in a sea of people who are always talking and gossiping. They can't hear my cries because they don't ever stop talking. They talk over each other, getting louder and louder and sometimes it feels like my head will explode from the noise.
The bell rings signaling the start of 5th period. Shit. Late again. I can already see Ms. Finn's bushy brows furrowing at me from behind her thick framed glasses. I can't help it though, I have to pee every hour, on the hour, just like clockwork.

I zip up my jeans that probably wont fit after this week and rub my hand over the growing bump that is my belly, letting out a long sigh. Only 5 months to go. I exit the bathroom into the empty hallway. So peaceful. So quiet. I wander slowly to my locker. I was already late, doesn't make much of a difference to rush to class now. I dig through my backpack, looking for my math textbook, when I hear the soft sound of steps approaching from my left. I peek behind my locker door. Shit. Please don't notice me. Please don't notice me. I press myself into my locker, hoping to go unseen.

Wrong.

"Look who it is, T!" Haley teases and I inhale sharply.

"Don't get too close, might catch something." Tia replies with a chuckle. Wow. Good one.

"I'm late for class." I shut my locker and begin walking away. Ms. Finn's per-calculus class was sounding pretty heavenly right now.

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you, skank." Haley says, yanking my shoulder. My books tumble out of my hands.

"I-I'm sorry, I just need to go." I replying staring down at the floor.

"I heard you were knocked up. That's what happens when you're a skank. Don't you know better than to sleep with other girl's boyfriends?" Tia questions, but I know she isn't looking for an answer.

"I didn't know...he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend."

Haley responds with a hard slap to my cheek. I clasp my hands to my cheek in shock. Her fingers curl into a fist as her hand reaches the side of my head and I stumble to the ground.

"Wait, I gotta video this shit." Tia laughs as she pulls her phone out of her jacket pocket. Haley laughs before turning back to me with a look I've never seen before, one of hatred. "Hit her again, Haley!" Tia shouts and Haley does just that.

Her fist collides with the side of my head, my cheek and my nose. I curl into the fetal position and hug my belly. But her punches turn into kicks and stomps and I can't do anything but cry and wait for it to stop. It's like my body has completely betrayed itself and refuses to fight back. My throat is dry and my attempts at screaming for help is met instead with grunts and moans as she continues to beat me.

"Damn, looks like she really was pregnant." Tia says.

"Let's get out of here." Haley replies, grabbing Tia's arm and running off.

I ache everywhere, and am far too weak to stand. I reach a shaky hand between my legs and feel the wetness. I lift my head to see my hand covered in blood and know the worst has happened. I give up. If I close my eyes, maybe I'll bleed out, and I won't have to live anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always welcome!