Status: I have titled this a true story because it has taken place, but I have changed names and ages so there is no speculation.

Just the Beginning..

Just The Beginning..

Katrina was only 15 years old when her life had been flipped upside down. Everything changed from the "normal" to the "abnormal" in her eyes. She was usually left alone watching over her younger brother max, while her parents were both out working all day and came home around 7 o'clock at night. Max was 12 at the time when his sister started being his primary caretaker while their parents were out. Their mother was a veterinarian, and their father was a business man.
For the most part, Katrina's life was ordinary and calm. She had her own privacy when she was in her room. She liked it, until her dad had been laid off of work because business was slow, and he was home more often. Then one day her dad had gotten into a serious car accident, that ruptured his appendix and fractured the lower part of his back. He was hospitalized for many months and had many surgeries following this terrible event. His in and out hospitalization had gone on for years. There was always a new problem rising when one had been solved. This took a huge toll on Katrina and her mother and brother. It caused depression and anxiety that could not be substituted or stalled for any great length of time.
Katrina's mom had gone through a series of emotional with drawls that resulted in self loathed drinking, in which became her habit. When she did not feel "good" she turned to liquor as her easy way out. her mother also had a bipolar disorder that caused her to lash out in anger, and her victim of this drunkenly angered assault? her 15 year old daughter Katrina. In this case it caused Katrina emotional and mental stress. Often times her mother would hit her, and it could not be stopped. Katrina did not fight back because she didn't know what to do out of shock.
As a result of the physical, and emotional harm that her mother has portrayed upon her, she began to self harm herself. There was no other way to release her depression and anxiety that her only way to cope. So she cuts herself. And adds visible scars to her outer body, while not showing how hurt she was on the inside. She never liked talking about her feelings, so she kept everything bottled up, unless she wrote on her arms with a blade. That was her only way out, just like her mother's was drinking. It helped... to be continued...