Status: A very short story you’ll enjoy reading.

A Squirrel’s Love for a Tree

The Apple tree

Some where in the middle of a vast forest there is a squirrel living a pretty decent life. The squirrel has no home unlike many other squirrels, the branches of the tree are homes for the squirrels. Our squirrel ,once searching for food went deep into forest, the more deeper he went more beautiful the place is. He went on admiring the beauty of the place. Looking at all the colorful flowers around him. He heard the birds sing and looking at the tress in search of the birds he saw the sun rays trying hit the ground from between the branches.

He was so filled with joy and stood staring at the scenery for a very long time. After a while he heard the sound of water far away and moved towards it and found a stream. In the stream he saw an Apple on the flowing water and started running towards it but the water is flowing very fast. He ran very fast to keep up with the Apple. While running he reached the end of the mountain and the Apple fell down from mountain . He looked at the Apple falling off the cliff. He was very disappointed and he was very sad because he doesn't know the way back to his place.

While he was sad , sitting on the edge of the mountain and looking down. An Apple fell beside him and he saw the tree above him. The tree is full of apples, he was filled with joy and started jumping over the place. And all of a sudden he felt that this is gods plan to bring him here ,he started living there. He made the Apple tree his new home. He was so happy because that this is all he ever wanted. He loved the tree very much, the tree started to give more apples he was very happy and he just wanted to live on the tree forever.

Few days passed by and slowly the branches of the tree started becoming slippery, it was very difficult to walk on the tree. After few days the tree stopped giving Apples he was very worried but never thought of abandoning the tree, he felt like the tree doesn't want him to live there anymore. One day while he was walking on a branch his leg slipped and he suddenly slipped off the branch falling down from the edge of the mountain. While he was falling he got hold of one of the roots of the Apple tree. He held the root so hard and he was hanging and looking at the tree crying. He's trying to climb up the root, the root was very slippery but he never gave up.

He held onto the root for many days refusing to give up. His hands started to pain, it was so hard for him to hang there. He waited for many days and he was not able to go climb up. And he no more could bear the pain his hands are shivering and his heart full of sorrow. He looked at the tree for one last time and left the root. Now he is falling down from the mountain thinking that he would fall in water or on stones.

The Squirrel is a boy.

The tree is the girl he loved.

He let go of the girl he loved .

And now waiting to be saved or to be dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
With love to everyone who loved unconditionally.