Just Business

one.

They say life works in mysterious ways, things happen unexpectedly. Life was beautiful to my siblings and I till Momma got sick. 

Momma and Daddy had met at just seventeen and eighteen in the beautiful city. Momma was a ballerina from Texas at Juilliard and Daddy was a city boy that lived for anything that had to with working with his hands. 

Daddy had seen Momma in the subway station on multiple occasions and had been too scared to talk to her, she was beautiful to him. Tight blonde curls and bright blue eyes and petite. 
She caught him staring at him one day and smiled. Daddy was always so nervous around her, but my momma loved that about him. 

"Are you going to talk to me are you just going to stare?" She asked 

He had went over and sat next to her and introduced himself. They talked until it was time for her to get off at her stop- they saw each other for a few more days until he had the courage to ask her on a date.

The rest from there was history. 

Momma graduated, started a career and Daddy proposed. They had a beautiful intimate wedding and bought a run-down house that Daddy built from the ground up with his bare hands. 

There are five of us. Alexandria, Savannah, Virginia 'Ginny', Ethan and me. Eloise. 

We all grew up in the beautiful house Daddy built for us. Momma taught dance lessons for years out of the barn on the property, I would dance sometimes too with the other girls, they would get jealous cause my mom was the teacher and I got free lessons.

When I was twelve, Momma was cleaning the studio and she fell from the ladder leading up to my nook and broke her hip. 

Momma was told she could never dance again. 
As we all got older Momma became more fragile, my sisters were getting engaged and married. Momma could barely walk without help, but my Daddy was so supportive and was always there for her. 
That's when Momma started to get sick. She was diagnosed with breast cancer after finding a lump one day in the shower, Momma had just turned forty-seven.

She was going for chemo treatments and got better after a year or so. She was a fighter no doubt the strongest woman I ever met. 

After three years of being cancer free just months before I was to move to Chicago to start my new job as a magazine editor, Momma was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma. No one knew she was so sick, she was doing so well and it made me hesitant about moving away. 

Daddy urged me to go and not to worry, that everything would be just fine. 

I was in Chicago for about a year before my mother's illness progressed it was to the point where she couldn't speak nothing but a few words and was winded by a whole sentence. She lost 40 pounds and lost all her hair, she had good days and bad days and it made me scared for her. 

I worked 50+ hours a week to come up with rent and money to send Home for medical bills. My dad was out of work and couldn't keep up with bills and property taxes, I know he hated when I sent him checks, one time he even shredded a check and yelled at me for it. 

They needed it more than I did. 
13 hour days and sleepless nights were my life at just twenty-two years old, but I never expected things to change the way they did when I met him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you guys think!!! I love feed back and suggestions!!