Just Business

two.

Over the next couple of days, I was so submerged inside of work, I forgot that I promised my roommates I would go out with them.

“Eloise, you’ve been cooped up all week with that computer in your lap, it’s Saturday night! You promised you would come with us.” Aria said applying her lipstick.

“Aria, you know how I feel about the club scene. It’s not really my thing.” I say typing.
“Excuse me, this is the reason why you’re so anti-social. You’re always cooped up doing work or watching movies all by yourself. When was the last time you had a boyfriend?”

To be honest, I don’t even remember the last time I had a boyfriend. It had to be a good year or so since I dated Henry.

Henry was my first love and I took our breakup pretty rough, I was just consumed in work and helping to pay for my mom’s medical finances I just had no time for a relationship. He understood but I knew how selfish it was of me, but that was the thing about Henry, he never took it to heart. We talked about it in the beginning, but I haven’t spoken to Henry in about seven months.

“Aria, don’t you think you’re being a little harsh?” Helen said popping her head out of the bathroom curlers still dangling from hair. “She’s got a lot going on, cut her some slack.”

“No- Helen, Aria look its fine really. I’ll go out for a little I’m always cooped up inside doing work.”
I stood up and Aria squealed and ushered me into the bathroom to shower while she and Helen picked out an outfit for me to wear.

By the time we reached the club it was almost nine o’clock. The music was so loud from outside that I could feel my organs rattling around inside of my ribcage. When we got inside Helen went straight to the bar with Aria right on her tail. I found myself a seat and pulled out my phone checking my messages.

One from Ethan and one from my sister Alex.

I looked up and there was a pair big brown eyes staring at me from across the room.
He looked familiar, but I didn’t know him. At least I didn’t think so. He was very tall strongly built dark hair and eyes. He held a drink in his hand and kept smiling as a blonde came over and whispered in his ear.

I rolled my eyes at him getting up to find Aria and Helen. I found them over by the bar dancing and I ordered myself a rum and coke slowly sipping on it. “Having fun yet?” Helen yelled over the music.
“Not really.” I yelled back sipping my drink again.

“Well, I’m sure he would like to dance with you, he can’t stop looking over here.”

I turned around and there was a beautiful human being with brown hair and green eyes smiling at me.
“Oh boy, he is gorgeous! Girl if you don’t go for it, I know I will.” Aria said giving a seductive smile.
Aria was so flirtatious; I wouldn’t be surprise if she left the club with at least ten phone numbers and all ten of those guys will buy her at least two drinks.

“Ari, come on. Stop being such a flirt! Let’s go.”

Helen grabbed both her arms and mine and dragged us out onto the dance floor. Our bodies swayed back and forth as the music and played. Not a worry on my mind. His was all that was important at that very moment- just my friends and I in this night club.

By the end of the night my head was spinning and all I wanted to do was go home and cuddle up in my bed and sleep. We stood outside for at least a half an hour before catching a cab. As the cab pulled away I saw the same attractive guy from earlier looking at the cab and he was opening the passenger car door for the blonde with the tight dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but sweet, wait till you see what I have in store for you all ;)