Lip Gloss and Black

This Damn Woman's gonna Drive Me Insane.

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here,"
Jayde sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody, headbanging like Wayne, Garth and the gang from Wayne's World.

Zack played back up vocals to her as they drove to Abigail's house.

"Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows...."


"You've got an amazing voice Jayde," Zack said as the song came to an end.

Jayde blushed, "Thanks. You're not so bad either. You should do lead vocals on a song one day."

Zack chuckled, "Maybe."

Jayde reached up on the dash and retrieved a cigarette from her pack, yet again, and lit it. Zack looked over at her with an eyebrow raised while she took a long drag off it and held it out the window between her pointer and middle fingers.

"What?" she asked without looking at him.

"You've smoked like six in a row since we've been on the road," he stated.

"So?"

"It hasn't even been an hour Jayde!"

"Fuck off I'm stressin' to the max dude."

"So ditch the cigarette and smoke a doobie," he suggested.

"Yes, let me just pull a doobie out of my ass," she snorted. "I smoked my last bowl this morning."

"Light it," Zack shoved a joint into her driving hand.

"Yes sir," she giggled, "And turn that shit up!"

Zack chuckled but did as she said anyways. He watched her dance around in her seat to Fire Water Burn.

"Yo yo this hard-core ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice,
I'm not black like Barry White no I am white like Frank Black is,
So if man is five and the devil is six than that must make me seven,
This honkey's gone to heaven,
But if I go to hell then I hope I burn well...."
Jayde sang along between hits.

She found Abigail's house and pulled into the driveway still blasting the Bloodhound Gang. Her and Zack were finishing up their joint when the front door flung open revealing Abigail. Her blonde hair was pinned back on one side while its waves settled down her right side. She was holding a tiny dog in her left arm and waving at them with her right.

"Ok I'm ready to leave now," Jayde said reaching for the key to bring the car back to life.

"Nice try," Zack chuckled snatching the keys from the ignition.

Jayde glared at him so hard, daggers should have ran themselves through his body.

"You told her you'd do this," Zack pointed out, "Now get your ass out of this car and walk up to her."

"You're fired," Jayde muttered. "Fuck off."

"No I'm not and not right now. I'm with ya dammit now get the hell out of this car."

"Nope," she crossed her arms like a little kid.

"Jayde," Zack said sternly, "the quicker this is over, the quicker you can leave and not have to see her again until her wedding day."

Jayde rolled her eyes but nodded. She grabbed her cigarettes, lighter and phone and stepped out of the car. Zack chuckled to himself when she flipped him off and slammed the car door shut. He joined her at the curb, quickly tossing his finished cigarette to the street. He laced his fingers through hers and together they made the dreaded walk up the long walk path lined out in black stone.

The house was overly dramatically huge, Jayde scoffed at the sight. It stood out from the neighboring houses surrounding it with its almost black paint job. Two giant bay windows took up most of the house's front. Huge, perfectly kept up bushes lined up half way around the house.

"Fucking show off," Jayde muttered before they hit the porch.

"Stop it," Zack whispered.

"Jayde! Zack! I'm glad you guys came!" Abigail beamed brightly. "Come inside!"

Jayde rolled her eyes but followed Abigail inside anyways. The entrance before the entrance to the living room was huge with closets on either side of the room. All of the walls were a rich cream while the hardwood flooring, trim, crown moulding and quarter round were all stained a rich black. The finish on top of the stain made it shine brighter than an indoor basketball court.

Every room of the house was huge-even the half bath directly across from the living room. As they stepped into the living room, Jayde noticed vaulted ceilings and scoffed to herself.

"Would you guys like anything to drink? Water, juice, beer, mixed drink, soda..." Abigail asked.

"I'll have a beer," Zack shrugged.

"Soda," Jayde mumbled.

"Not a drinker? That's surprising," Abigail giggled.

"Shit never really called to me like it did everyone else in the family," Jayde shot back, ignoring the look Zack was giving her.

Abigail nodded and headed off to the kitchen. Jayde sank back into the overly plush sofa still ignoring Zack.

"Quit trying to start a fight," he whispered in her ear.

She shoved him away, "She's starting it, not me."

"Jay..."

"Zee, back the fuck off."

He groaned loudly, "I'll fucking leave."

"Good. See ya later."

"Here you guys go," Abigail said returning to them, "So Jayde what have you been up to?"

"Work," was her only reply.

"You don't draw or anything anymore?"

Zack looked over at her curiously.

Jayde shrugged, "From time to time I do. But here as of late I've been working over time at two different places."

Abigail noticed the way Zack looked at her but said nothing about it. How would her man not even know she worked so much? Instead she went a different route, "So how long have you guys known each other?"

"Three years," they said in unison.

"How cute."

Jayde rolled her eyes while Zack smiled, slinging his arm over Jayde's shoulders.

"What do you do Zack?"

"I play rhythm guitar in the band Avenged Sevenfold."

"Really? Wow and there's no tension between you guys while you're out touring with pretty girls throwing themselves at you?"

"Nope, she trusts me and I trust her," Zack shrugged. "I don't cheat."

Jayde made a noise only Zack could hear. He squeezed her closer into his side and pinched her arm hard. Jayde pushed him away and stood up. She excused herself stating she needed to use the bathroom. She splashed water on her face and groaned loudly at her reflection. She shook her head and left the bathroom to rejoin the conversation.

"She was like your guys' biggest groupie huh?"

"No she wasn't."

Jayde wanted to choke her cousin so bad. She resisted the urge to do so and instead finished her can of soda and made her way to the kitchen. She slammed the can into the trashcan and slammed its lid shut. On her way back through, she noticed a plant sitting on one of the counters. Grinning wide, she walked up to the plant.

"Gorgeous little lady, isn't it?"

Jayde looked over her shoulder and froze, "Yes."

"Break some off to sample. If you like, come back and I'll hook you up."

"Hell yeah," Jayde smiled while reaching up for the plant.

"You're Gail's cousin right? Jayde?"

"Yeah and most of what you heard ain't true," she muttered.

"Eh, I just ignore her ninety percent of the time."

"So how the hell are you guys even getting married?"

"Well I love her, she's great when she's not bitching about something or someone. The sex-"

"Is amazing. That seems to be the most legit response I've heard ever coming from a guy in a relationship," she finished, flashing back to her and Zack's one conversation about Gena.

"Well its true. I'm Brad by the way."

Jayde nodded, "All fucked up comments aside, she's a good girl I'm glad she's found someone."

Brad nodded and left Jayde alone with the plant. She plucked a few buds off the plant and rejoined the rest.

"You're right Gail, she's pretty chill," Brad was saying as Jayde rounded the corner. She met Zack's eyes and nodded towards outside.

"We're gonna go smoke a cigarette real fast," Jayde said grabbing Zack's hand.

Zack followed her outside confused.

"Give me the keys to the car real fast," Jayde said holding out her hand.

"No you're not bailing."

"Zee, I need my bowl! Or a paper..."

"For what? You said you was out earlier."

"I was'til a few minutes ago," she shrugged.

"How-"

"Don't fucking worry about it! Now give me the motherfucking keys or I'll hurt you."

He rolled his eyes while he slipped the keys from his pocket. She smiled sweetly and snatched them from his finger, "C'mon."

Xxxxxx

Surprisingly, the rest of the visit was decently pleasant for Jayde. She was still more than ready to leave of course, but for once she didn't leave her cousin's house being restrained by someone. She was super pleased Brad had kept his word and hooked her up.

The drive back to the cabin wad oddly quiet though. Zack seemed distant and Jayde didn't like it. She wondered just exactly it was they talked about after she wasn't in the room with them.

"What's wrong Zee?" Jayde asked parking the car.

He shrugged but said nothing.

"Missing Gena huh? I told you to go home. Its better than staying with me and being miserable."

"Why didn't you tell me you took on extra work?" Zack asked quietly.

"Oh. That," Jayde mumbled. "What's it matter?"

"She was asking all sorts of questions while you was fucking around with what's his face."

"So?"

"She hit on me Jayde. She doesn't think we're a real couple, so she hit on me."

"Consider yourself flattered, two girls from the James family finds you attractive."

"Jayde," he groaned.

"What, you want me to be pissed? Guess what we're not actually dating! She's engaged to be married Saturday though so that's definitely fucked up but still, it's not like we're official," Jayde shrugged.

Zack watched her head up to the cabin door and sighed deeply. He waited a few minutes before joining her inside. He pulled out his phone and opened a message to Gena.

Go and and move the rest of your shit out of my house. I've had time to think our relationship over and I think its best we stay apart. I'll be having the guys check the house to make sure your stuff is gone.

Zack stepped out of the car while pressing send. He made sure he had his stuff and joined Jayde inside. He could hear her in the shower singing with Swing Swing by the All American Rejects and smiled to himself shaking his head at her random music choices.

Zack plopped down on the sofa and waited for her to be done. Feeling his phone vibrate in his jeans, he slid it out of his pocket.

Fuck you! I hope she tells you to go to hell and laughs in your face when you decide to ask her out!

Zack rolled his eyes and groaned loudly.

"Trouble in paradise?" Jayde mumbled, joining him on the sofa.

"Nope, just Gena playing the bitch role too good."

"How lovely," Jayde said sarcastically.

"Yep. I told her to get the rest of her shit out of my house. I'm officially done with her."

"Wow, how sudden."

"Shut up, I just wanted to be sure I was good to continue on with my life. Jayde I wanna ask you something."

Jayde finished drying her hair with the towel she was using. She flipped her hair to the side once she was done and looked over at him, "Well?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised another update!
And a cliffhanger to boot lol!
Thank you for the comments, subscribers and recs<3

Title credit Touch Too Much-AC/DC.

I'll be posting the first chapter to the revised story Sex Type Thing soon. Its new title is called Touch Too Much and the female lead has a new name as well.