Lip Gloss and Black

17.

Three days into their "get away", Zack and Jayde were closer than ever. They hadn't argued or fought once and they loved it. Jayde didn't even question him when he got a mysterious phone call that kept him talking in private for an hour and a half, though she was curious to know who it was on the phone with him.

When Zack did return to her, she couldn't quite read his expression. He said nothing to her, just propped her feet back onto his legs and focused on the movie they were watching. Jayde frowned but kept quiet anyways.

Zack finally spoke once the movie was over.

"I'm gonna get a shower and we'll go out for dinner."

"Ok."

Zack smiled, kissing her lips softly and headed off to the bathroom. Jayde sighed deeply while she waited on him to be done. She would have gotten dressed but he failed to mention what it was they were going to be eating. She got up and headed towards the bedroom to see what exactly she packed for dinner dates.

"Hmm," she mumbled out loud while tossing a couple pairs of jeans on the bed along with shirts and sweaters.

As she decided, Zack joined her in the bedroom wearing only a towel around his waist. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, hers going up behind his neck. He kissed her neck and cheek.

"How fancy were you planning dinner to be Zee? I didn't exactly pack for nice places."

He scanned her choices. Smiling he pointed to her long dark red open sweater first. He loved it when she wore that thing. Next was black skinny jeans and a black halter top with a neck line that came to an end right between her breasts.

"You just wanna stare at my chest all night," she giggled, eyeing him knowingly.

He shrugged, "Hey you're the one who pulled that shirt out of your bag. It's not my fault you look drop dead sexy in it."

Jayde rolled her eyes although there was a huge grin plastered on her face.

"I'll leave you alone to get dressed and we can head out."

"Yes sir," she joked.

Zack rolled his eyes but laughed. He grabbed a change of clothes and went into the bathroom to change. It was better he was away from her to get dressed or they'd never make it out the door.

~*~

Dinner came and went too fast for Jayde's liking. Zack had to cut it short to deal with an issue at VU via video chat on his laptop. Jayde was irritated beyond belief but kept her mouth shut. Instead she grabbed a blanket from the bed and headed to the living room to watch movies.

Zack on the other hand spent two hours talking with his crew. He wondered where Meghan was. She was....interesting. After what felt like 5 hours of working through the interns' issues, he spotted her blonde hair whisking by. He bit his lip, watching her ass swing back and forth in her barely there leather shorts.

"Meghan!" He whispered just loud enough she'd hear him.

She stopped in her tracks and swung her head back and forth looking for where his voice was coming from. She turned completely around and noticed the laptop on his desk was open and on. She made her way over to his desk and bent down.

"Hi gorgeous," he chuckled.

"Zacky! Hi!" She beamed.

"How's things really going there? "

"Ugh complete chaos since you left. Nobody knows how to do shit around here when the boss man is away."

"I've noticed."

"My photo shoots have been going terribly wrong. I've told the photographer I won't pose again until you're back."

Zack nodded, smiling.

"I wish you were back already, I miss you so much."

"I miss you too gorgeous. It's just a couple more days and I'll be back before you know it."

"Can't you end it early? Say something big happened here and there's no choice but to come home early."

"Meg, she's my fiancee. I can't just end our trip early 'cause my side chick is jealous," Zack sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I can't do this anymore. I love Jayde too much to keep this up. It shouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm sorry Meghan I've gotta go."

Zack closed the laptop and chewed on his thumb. He knew what he had to do, but could he really follow through with it? He was done arguing with Jayde. He was done lying to her. It was definitely time, but his heart ached just thinking about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thus begins the downward spiral.
Sorry it's short..this seemed like a decent spot to split the chapter with seein as how it was a super long one I typed out.
As usual thanks for the comments and stuff<3

And since its so short, I may post the next chapter after a while just to make up for this one.