Lip Gloss and Black

19.

Jayde wrapped a towel around her body before emerging from the steamy bathroom. It had been a week since she helped Jason at the band's merch booth. Luckily enough for her, nobody recognized her. Tonight, however, was Jason and Matt's birthday and she wouldn't be able to skip it.

She made her way to the bedroom she shared with Jason and began searching for something to wear. Not wanting to be too flashy or girly, she settled for her favorite pair of holey jeans, getting the most use out of them before they had to be thrown away, as the pockets were just a few threads from completely falling off and her ass was very close to exposed. The knees were so blown out and the material was barely hanging on, they should have been considered capris. She chose an oversized white tank top and used a bikini top as a bra.

Her hair was done in a loose braid hanging over her left shoulder and makeup was her usual black eyeliner and shadow and her dark red lipstick. She smiled at her reflection and headed out to the kitchen for a drink and to find both Jason and Matt.

"Probably want to hurry up somewhat, Zee said..." Matt trailed off, hearing Jayde getting closer.

"Zee said what?" Jayde asked, eyebrow raised at the sudden silence as she rounded the corner to the kitchen.

"Uh if we want food for our party we need to get our asses over there. The guys are busy with their ladies and Zack's alone cooking."

"What about the super model babe? " sarcasm dripped from each of her words.

"Out of town," Matt shrugged.

Jayde scoffed.

"Shut up," Jason chuckled

"Fuck off, she countered. "I can be a bitch all I want. "

"Yes we know," Matt muttered.

Jayde held back the next sarcastic comment aimed at Matt and looked to Jason instead, "So we've gotta help huh?"

"Well..."

She narrowed her eyes.

"More like you are babe," Matt chuckled.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"I'm sorry Jayde. Jimmy has us doin some stupid treasure hunt thing. Look, " Jason held out a crudely drawn map with minimal hints.

Jayde rolled her eyes.

"Just tell him already. He probably already figured it out though," Matt shrugged.

"So you told him?"

"No Jayde I did not tell Zack you were you at the show. But he ain't stupid either."

"I'm very much aware of this Matt. I just don't want to be stuck around him all night."

"It'll only be long enough until us, the guys or the food is done I swear. It shouldn't take us too long, but we've gotta drop you off and get started, " Jason tried making the situation better.

"Yeah well...."

Jayde grabbed her stuff and followed the Berrys to the car. The drive wasn't as long as Jayde had hoped for; she ass standing in her former driveway, watching her boyfriend and his brother drive away. She groaned out loud and turned on her heel to go to the back yard. She didn't even bother knocking, she could smell the barbeque was already in use.

She rounded the corner of the house and saw Zack placing meat on the grill. She inhaled deeply and made her way over to him.

"Did you knock?" Zack asked once he noticed her.

"Nah I smelled the grill going and just came back here, "she shrugged.

"You know your way around pretty well for a new girl."

Jayde rolled her eyes, "Shut up Zee."

He chuckled.

The two spent the next hour and a half talking and getting along well. Jayde missed him deeply but like he had done, she moved on as well. She was happy with Jason; there was never questionable situations like there had been with Zack.

"Truth or dare?" Jayde asked while flipping the burgers they had recently placed on the grill.

"Truth."

Jayde bit her lip. They had begun the old silly game forever ago and he decided to go personal so she did as well, "How long have you and Meghan been together?"

Zack cleared his throat, "Officially we've been together four years."

Jayde nodded.

"Truth or dare? "

Jayde shrugged, "Truth."

"Why do you wear those shades at night?"

"Because I do, " she shrugged. "Truth or dare? "

"Did you ever really love your ex?"

"That's personal..."

"Legit question dude. You've asked me some pretty personal stuff too buddy. "

Zack sighed, "I loved her so fucking much it hurt sometimes. But my old ways couldn't be contained as well as I wanted them to. I cheated twice before she caught on. I-"

"You don't cheat on someone you love!" Jayde shouted causing Zack to jump.

Zack stared at her quietly. He wasn't sure what to say to her next. The silence around them didn't last very long, loud music filled their ears followed by car doors slamming. Jayde shook her head and walked away from him. He watched until she was out of sight and ran his hands down his face, before returning his attention to the food.

Jayde hugged the ladies while the boys joined their guitarist out back.

"Sorry you got stuck with Zee, "Val said while pulling Jayde into a hug.

"It's ok I understand."

"Has he figured it out yet?"

"Nah, not even when I blew up on him."

"Oh?" Michelle asked.

"We played truth or dare to pass time. He got personal so I did too."

"You didn't, " Val gasped.

Jayde nodded, "He confirmed what I did and didn't know."

"Damn," the twins said in unison.

"It hurts but I'm with JB now. He makes me happy and he doesn't cheat on me every chance he gets."

"Speaking of...where's the twins at anyways?" Leanna asked as the girls made their way out back.

"On a scavenger hunt thanks to your man," Jayde laughed.

"Oh jeez they'll never make it back then, " Leanna giggled.

Jayde nodded. She chose to sit near the pool, putting her feet in the water while the girls stayed near her but were also listening to the guys. She lost sight of Zack but she didn't care really, she was waiting for the Berrys to return.

Zack joined the group again after sticking the burgers inside with the rest of the food. He noticed Jayde alone messing with her phone and decided to go to her. Once behind her he started to apologize for earlier but froze when he caught sight of her phone's wallpaper. It was a picture of Jayde, Jason and a little girl. It was like staring into a mirror with the little girl, his heart sank into his stomach. She had been around this entire time. He opened up to her about his past with her. She knew everything.

"Jayde..." Zack whispered, watching her jump and turn to look up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo soo sorry for a super late update! I struggled hard with this one.
Welcome new subscribers! Thank you for the comments on the previous chapter and the recs as well.