Lip Gloss and Black

II

The tour bus rolled to a complete stop just outside of Denver, Colorado. Jayde knew for sure if she didn't dress smart for the whiplash weather change, she'd be sick and unable to work for a couple days. Although she hated wearing coats, she doubled up on hoodies, jeans and socks.

Any time the group was anywhere cold, they'd always give her shit for her hatred for winter coats. She rolled along with it of course, but it was still irritating to listen to each time. She was surprised this time however when nobody brought it up. In fact, Zack, Brian and Johnny took after her and wore hoodies instead for whatever reason.

"Jayde, you ready for a real bed and shower?" Brian asked as the six of them piled off the bus.

"God yes! As lovely as it is to share living quarters with you beautiful guys, a girl sometimes needs her personal space."

"Don't we all," Jimmy chuckled.

Jayde rolled her eyes playfully. She slowed back to have a cigarette before stepping foot into the hotel lobby. The wind began to pick up as she tried to light her cigarette. Two hands closed in around her lighter shielding the wind from the flame.

She looked up into Zack's eyes and nodded a thanks. While his hands were still cupped around hers, she returned the favor.

"Gotta have man hands for something like this in windy conditions," he chuckled.

She snorted, "Obviously."

"You think you'll feel up to going out with us later on?"

"I don't know. I guess it depends on how long it takes to get situated into the rooms and all. Won't I cramp your guys' style though? Well those of you who's single anyways."

"Shut up and have your ass ready by the time Jimmy bangs on your door," Zack groaned earning a grin from Jayde.

"How are you and Gena doing by the way?" she asked changing the subject.

"Eh," he mumbled. "You and what's his face...Dean?"

"Eh," she shrugged. "We're on and off every other week it seems. No matter how much I tell him its strictly professional between all of us, its never good enough for him to hear."

"I don't mean to be nosy or anything, but why do you even put up with that shit? You deserve better."

As she was about to say something, the lobby door flung open revealing Jimmy, "Hey you two! We've got our room keys! Hurry the fuck up already!"

Jayde saluted him and finished off her cigarette, dropping it in the fresh snow surrounding her and Zack. She sent Zack a weak smile and headed towards the lobby door. Zack took a long drag off his cigarette and followed Jayde inside.

"You, Jayde and Jimmy are on the same floor. Me, Brian, Johnny and the Berrys are one above you guys," Matt said to Zack as he handed the trio their cards.

"Cool beans, I'll see you guys later," Jayde said with a smile dragging her bag along behind her.

"She ok?" Matt asked after Jimmy followed her.

Zack shrugged, "Her dude is riding her ass stupid. I told her she shouldn't put up with that shit and she deserved better. She won't listen though."

"I know you care about her as much as we all do but we can't go sticking our noses in her business unless she wants us to."

"I know Matt but she brought it up this time," Zack sighed.

Matt nodded, "Let's go get rested up for a while. I've gotta call Val so she knows we made it here in one piece and all."

"Tell her I said hey."

Matt nodded.

~*~

Jayde tossed herself onto her bed and immediately fell in love with the plush fabric beneath her body. It had definitely been a while since her body had felt a decently fluffy mattress. She came to the conclusion that she'd steal the bed from the hotel. She giggled to herself at the thought of her actually trying to do it.

"Sounded good anyways." she sighed.

Just as she got comfortable, a knock brought her back to reality. Groaning, she slowly pushed herself off her bed and made her way to the door.

"Zack, what are you doing at my door? I know I didn't just sleep the day away."

"Nah it's barely been an hour."

"So...what's up?"

"Gena and I got into a fight," he mumbled.

"Damn already?" she moved aside to let him in.

"Yeah I know. She's pissed I didn't call her as soon as Matt called Val. She had to hear it through Val. She didn't even give me a chance to sit down for five fucking minutes and clear my head."

"Why put up with it then?"

Zack grinned, "The sex is amazing dude."

"I shouldn't have asked."

"I mean it's not just the sex. We have more good times than bad but damn."

"Yeah," she sighed. "I broke it off with Dean a while ago."

"Did you really?"

She nodded, "After my shower I texted him stating that I wasn't gonna put up with his shit anymore. I feel so free now dude. It's fucking beautiful."

"I'm glad you finally wised up. You deserve happiness and shit"

"C'mon on Zee don't get all sentimental on me," she grinned.

He flipped her off.

"Only in your dreams babe."

"Take your ass to bed. I'm gonna do the same myself. Thanks for listening to my drama of the week," he smiled as he stood up to leave. "Oh and everyone's going out after the show tomorrow night so get plenty of rest."

"For sure dude. Hopefully she'll get over it soon and apologize."

"We'll see."

With that he left her room. Jayde smiled to herself and crawled under the sheets and blanket drifting off to sleep quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments on the first chapter!!! Totally appreciate that:) and thank you for the recs as well!:) this chapter is kinda sucky, sorry about that! They'll get better I promise:)