Lip Gloss and Black

Finale.

Everything seemed to slow down around Jayde and Zack. Neither moved, they just stared at each other in silence. The laughter coming from the group when Jimmy did something crazy couldn't even tear their gazes from each other. So many thoughts and words ran through each of their minds yet they still kept silent.

Zack eventually bent down to her level and reached for her phone. She let him take it, watching as he took in the picture on the screen. He smiled at the little girl staring at him but frowned again while looking back at Jayde. Jayde bit her lip and nodded towards the house. Zack grabbed her hand and lead her inside, up to his room.

Jayde stayed in the doorway while Zack sat down on the bed, her phone still in his hand.

"How old is she?" He whispered.

Jayde swallowed, "She's four."

"So you..."

"Yep. I didn't know until I left though. I wound up with a fever and was in the hospital for a week when I found out I was pregnant."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You already moved on. What would it have changed?"

"Everything."

"Zee, it wouldn't have changed a damn thing and you know that as much as I do."

"Jayde, I would have stopped what I was doing just to have our family going."

She wiped away stray tears she hadn't realized were even falling, "So as long as I was knocked up you would have told Meghan to fuck herself?"

"Jay-"

She scoffed, "Good to know a baby would have been the only thing to make you be happy enough with me only."

"I didn't-"

"Save it Baker," she cut him off. "I was in love with you for the longest time. You promised you wouldn't ever be like Dean or hurt me. But you did!"

"I'm fucking sorry!" Zack shouted.

"Shove it up your ass!"

In one swift move, Jayde was pinned against the wall with Zack's hands on either side of her body. Jayde struggled to push him away from her and before she knew it, their mouths were connected. Jayde growled and finally was able to shove him away from her.

"Stupid fuck leave me the hell alone!"

"Like you didn't want that kiss," he muttered.

"No I didn't want that kiss!"

"Whatever," Zack mumbled.

"I can't believe you're not even asking if you can see your daughter dude," Jayde shook her head. "How's it make you feel to know I'm moving to Chicago soon? "

"Jason wouldn't leave with you. He loves his job too much."

"Who said he was coming?"

"You're just gonna up and leave seriously?"

"Jason knows I'm not happy here anymore. He's who suggested it."

"You can't take off with our daughter because of me!"

Jayde shrugged.

"I'll call my lawyer and you'll have no choice but to stay," he threatened.

"After he finds out everything I've been through? Yeah right."

"You can't leave Jayde. It's not fair."

"No what's not fair is you lying to my face and cheating on me and chasing me off. I can't even stand to be in the same state as you anymore."

"Don't do this to me or our daughter. She's got the right to know who I am. I've got the right to be in her life."

"I'll make you a deal," she said after a few minutes of silence, "Prove to me you want to be in her life and I'll stay in this fucking city. Screw up once and we're the fuck out of here."

He hugged her tightly, "I won't fuck up I promise."

"We'll see."

"Don't say that. Have a little faith in me."

"You couldn't even stay true to your word with me, " she whispered, sniffling.

"I'm sorry Jayde, I really am. I wish I could take it all back."

"Yeah well....."

XXxX xXxX

Two months had passed and Jayde found herself packing her belongings. Zack had purposly missed out on their kid's birthday party because Meghan was sick and in the hospital. Her family was at her side constantly but she had to have him there as well. Jayde wasn't even furious anymore. She came to expect it from him.

"I'm gonna miss you so damn much Jay," Jason whispered into her bare shoulder.

"I'll miss you so much more."

They shared a kiss.

"I know you've gotta do this but I'll be miserable the entire time."

Jayde smiled, "It's not forever I promise."

Jason nodded and kissed her once more. He left her alone to go hang out with Sacorra for a few minutes. Jayde sighed deeply and wiped away a stray tear. Was she really that bad of a person to be lied to constantly by everyone but Jason? She shook her head and finished up packing.

Within the hour her and Sacorra were in the boarding line at the airport. A couple times she could have swore she heard frantic shouting but she shook it off. The line was moving slowly and it didn't help they were at the end of the line.

"Jayde James!"

Jayde turned on her heel and watched Zack shove his way through crowds of people. She rolled her eyes and turned to face the people in front of her. Zack made it to her and pulled her aside.

"What the hell dude?!" He demanded.

"You couldn't get your priorities in order so we're leaving."

"I've been with you guys more in the last two months than before!"

"Your daughter turned five over the weekend. Were you at her birthday party? You know the one I invited you to two months ago?"

His face fell.

"Princess was more important than your own flesh and blood," she shook her head.

"Jay wait-"

"I'm done waiting."

"But-"

"Momma the line is almost gone now," Sacorra interrupted without even looking at her dad.

"We've gotta go."

"Jayde no please don't go!"

She shrugged and turned her back to him.

"I still love you!"

"No you don't. You never did."

He grabbed her shoulders and forced her to look at him. He shoved his lips over hers before she even had time to react. She involuntarily wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeper.

"Please don't go..." he mumbled against her lips.

She smiled sadly, "I'm sorry Zee. I've gotta do this."

"But-"

"You've done me wrong too many times. I'm sorry Zee."

"Give me one more chance! Please!"

She shook her head no.

Zack's world came crashing down around him in an instant. He bent down to hug his daughter one last time, tears streaming down his face.

Jayde frowned at the sight in front of her. She didn't want to take her daughter from her father but she was tired of being on the back burner for him. She ran many ideas through her mind and finally settled with the best solution;

"Keep her for a while. Get to know her better. Don't make me regret this though Zack Baker."

With that she turned on her heel and walked out of their lives. Zack and Jason never heard from Jayde again. A few weeks after she had left, Jason found out she had been in a car wreck going to work and was killed on impact. It was hard for him to have to tell Sacorra and Zack and the others the news. Though Zack married Meghan and welcomed a baby boy into the world, his heart was still broken into millions of pieces at everything he had done to Jayde.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry but I had to end it. I struggled with the last few chapters. I know it's kinda scattered here and there but thank you for giving this story a shot! I really appreciate all the love you've shown to this story.