Lip Gloss and Black

VI

"Ma," Jayde groaned for what felt like the twentieth time in less than an hour, "Ma! We're just friends ok? Stop harassing him, please."

"It's ok really Jay," Zack smiled, "I think she's a lovely young woman, Mrs. James."

"Please! Call me Nancy, Zack," her mom said quickly. "Photo album! Jayde where's my photo album?! Oh here it is! Now here's Jayde..."

"Oh my god I've died and gone to hell," Jayde mumbled to herself while both her mom and Zack began looking at the photo album from Jayde's younger years.

Zack had been visiting Jayde almost daily here at her mom's. Nancy swore from the moment she laid eyes on the guitarist, he was the one for her daughter. Jayde hated being mean about it to her, but it really irritated her knowing her mom viewed him that way.

Fed up with this newest little trip her mom was on, Jayde disappeared off to her room. She let out a frustrated sigh and threw herself down onto her bed. She was starting to think asking him-well him taking matters into his own hands by volunteering himself to be her date-wasn't as good of an idea as she thought.

Hearing the front door close followed by a car door shut and start up caused her to groan again, "Great she done chased his ass off."

She listened as the sound of footsteps grew louder coming up the staircase, stopping in front of her door. She watched as the door to her room slowly come open. She was surprised to see Zack's face in the doorway.

"I thought you left, "she mumbled.

"Nah, your mom had something to do. Why are you hiding out up here?"

She watched as he made his way to her bed, "Embarrassing moment in the living room."

Zack chuckled, "But really it's helpful on that getting to know you deal for that wedding."

She rolled onto her side with her left hand propping her head up while he sat down, using the wall as back support. She also noted how close to each other they were, "Yes because everyone will be asking, 'So Zack, tell me did she wear a pink or purple swimsuit to that pool party?' or 'Did she ever wear glasses?'."

Zack chuckled, "Chill babe. I won't ever tell anyone what I've seen. But they were pretty cute."

Jayde's face turned a deep shade of red.

"Aww, you're blushing!" he teased.

"I am not!"

"Are so."

She smacked his leg and turned her back to him.

"C'mon, I was just giving you shit," he chuckled while poking her side.

"I'm sure," she mumbled.

Zack placed his hand on her shoulder and pushed her so she was on her back, "I was. But you did blush."

Jayde shot him a glare making him laugh harder.

"Ok so now that I've seen kid Jayde and adult Jayde, tell me about teenage Jayde."

Jayde sighed, "Where to begin. I didn't finish high school even though my grades were decent. Dad died and mom couldn't handle being alone."

"That must have been tough."

Jayde nodded, "It was for both of us. I was practically on the other side of the state living with a friend since I couldn't switch everything over out here, when they moved out here. I'm doing online classes now though."

She paused to watch Zack light a cigarette. She waited a few seconds before snatching it from him, "Hey! You could have just asked for one damn girl."

"Possibly but this one was already lit," she smiled innocently, "By fifteen, I had met Dean, lost it maybe a year later, had oddball jobs here and there before teaming up with you guys doin' merch."

"What an exciting life," Zack chuckled.

Jayde shot him a glare and flipped him off, "Fuck you."

"Maybe later," he winked, "Favorite color?"

"Hmm, definitely purple. Green and black are tied for second though. Yours is green."

"Stalk much?"

"Why yes Zee, I dedicate my entire life stalking your ass so I know all there is to know about you," she rolled her eyes.

"Favorite movie?"

"Oooo that's a toughy."

"Band?"

"Old or new?" she countered.

He shrugged, "Both I guess."

"One of the old ones, Pink Floyd. New eh none really. Classic rock is way better than anything new."

Zack grabbed at his heart, "Ouch babe. That really hurt."

She grinned, "You guys are good but I just prefer old school rock dude."

Zack nodded, "I'd say first kiss, but I know that was Dean..."

"Actually no it wasn't him. My first kiss was back in elementary school. This cute little black haired boy with pretty green eyes, he was my first kiss. But we moved to a different city shortly afterwards thus ending my little romance with the boy."

"Huh," Zack said.

"What?"

"I just figured like everything else, Dean would have been your first kiss."

"Nope. I know I'm such a whore," she grinned while shoving him off her bed.

"God you're annoying as hell," he chuckled. Before she knew what was happening, Zack had his hand wrapped around her arm yanking her off the bed.

"So are you," she whispered, staring into his eyes. He smiled while tucking her hair behind he ear. "Zack what are you doing?"

He shrugged and placed a soft kiss to her lips. Her eyes widened at the gesture. She quickly got to her feet and sat on the bed.

"It's ok Jay, we're not on the road. If I'm gonna be your man for this wedding, we've got to kiss and hold hands," he grabbed hers and laced his fingers with hers, "Nobody will be mad. Nobody will be fired. Just go with it."

"I um...I-"

"I brought back dinner guys!" Nancy shouted from the bottom of the staircase.

"We should go eat," Jayde mumbled, jumping to her feet and leaving the bedroom quickly. Zack sighed, running a hand through his hair. Breaking her out of her mold was going to be a hard task. But he was willing to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments and stuff for the last chapter!
Yay first kiss! Sucky update but eh it's still an update at least lol.