Lip Gloss and Black

VIII.

Jayde and Zack spent the remainder of the day apart from each other. The only time they were seen together that day was when Jayde asked for an extra card for their room. The last Zack saw of her was when she handed his back and left the lobby to go shopping while Zack decided to stay back and watch tv in their room.

Jayde visited her favorite shops at the mall, buying a few things from each place. She may not have been preppy but a day full of clothes shopping made her feel better after going through some type of crap. On her way out of Spencer's, she was suddenly inspired to dye her hair. She quickly made her way to the rental car Zack ordered and began her search for a hair salon.

~*~

Two hours later, Jayde was headed back out to the rental. While shoving sunglasses over her eyes, she ran into someone.

"Crap, I'm really sor-" she trailed off looking up into the eyes of her ex. "Dean."

"Jay wow! Look at you! How are you?"

She crossed her arms, "You're seriously asking me that?"

He sighed, "Look,  can we go somewhere and talk maybe?"

"Where's Becky?"

Dean flinched at the mention of Becky, "Not here. She's down at that new casino. So can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about Dean and you know it."

"I still think about you all the time. I still love you Jayde."

She gripped the door handle of the rental, "Yeah well I don't think about you all the time nor do I still love you."

"Jay please..." Dean trailed off, pinning her between his body and the rental. He pressed his lips to hers hoping to get some type of good reaction.

At first Jayde was into the kiss but then remembered why they broke up. She shoved him away from her and pointed at him, "Don't you ever pull something like that again. I'm done with your lying ass. Eat shit and die pussy."

~*~

Jayde flew into the parking lot of the casino and shut the rental off quickly. She let out a frustrated scream and grabbed her things to go up to her and Zack's hotel room. She was mad at Dean for not only attempting to talk to her but also for kissing her. She was mad at herself for actually enjoying the kiss.

She knew she was over Dean. But for the few seconds the kiss held, she wasn't sure if it felt right or if it just felt familiar. Once at the elevators, she quickly pressed the up arrow hoping for a speedy ride up. She practically threw herself into the stall pressing her floor level until the doors slid shut.

After what felt like forever, the elevator dinged and slid its doors open. She once again grabbed her stuff and made her way to to their room. She shoved her key card through the strip and pushed through the door.

"You...dyed your hair," he said barely speaking above a whisper watching as she threw her bags onto the floor.

She nodded happily running a hand through her blonde and emerald green locks, "Fuck yeah I did! I don't know, I just got inspired to do it as I was leaving the mall."

He glanced down by her now mismatching sock covered feet and chuckled, "Did you buy the stores out?"

"Ha ha ha, you're so funny," she rolled her eyes, "I can't go broke, still gotta get something nice to wear to Abigail's bullshit."

Zack watched her tug her hoody over her head exposing some skin at the same time and toss it to the floor and wiggled his eyebrows, "You stripping for me?"

"In your dreams."

"You have no idea here lately" he thought to himself.

"Anyways, I'm gonna shower. You need in there before I get in? I'll probably be a while," she said running a hand through her emerald green and blonde hair.

Zack shook his head and focused back on the tv. Jayde shrugged her shoulders and went through her stuff for a clean outfit to wear. Once she grabbed out fuzzy sleep shorts, black tank top and underwear, she made her way to the bathroom.

Zack dragged his hands down his face and groaned. He pushed himself up off the bed and went to the mini bar. He grabbed a handful of little bottles and returned to the bed. By the time Jayde walked out of the bathroom, Zack had drank all but two mini bottles of alcohol.

"Damn Zee, rough day?" She teased.

"Something like that," he mumbled. "There's still bottles in the deal, I didn't drink them all."

He handed her the two unopened bottles with a grin. She rolled her eyes but downed each one quick, watching as he stood up.

"You need to catch up darlin'," he slurred walking past her. His arm brushed against her exposed side sending warm sensations run up and down her spine. She bit her lip and sat down quickly.

"This should do it," he slurred, dumping six bottles into her lap.

"Why Mr. Baker, are you tryin' to get me drunk?"

He shrugged and sent her a grin.

She shook her head and smiled, "Ok fine, but you're smoking a bowl with me in return for this."

"Deal."

~*~

Many mini bottles and two bowls later, Jayde and Zack were feeling pretty good. They chose a low budget horror movie to watch. Zack was using the wall and a pillow as a chair while Jayde was laying om her stomach watching the movie with her head on her arms. It wasn't technically a scary movie, but she'd still jump any time something would happen.

Zack of course found it funny and would tease her. Jayde didn't find it too funny and kicked him each time.

"It's funny and you know it," Zack chuckled.

"No it's not."

"Yeah it is. Do you want to watch something else?"

"Nah, we're this far into it, might as well finish it," Jayde shrugged.

Zack nodded even though she couldn't see it. His eyes trailed down her body for a moment before he cleared his throat and went into the bathroom. Jayde sat up and grabbed her pipe.

She looked up at Zack and bit her lip after her hit.

"What's wrong?" Zack asked, still slurring.

She sighed deeply, "I ran into Dean today."

Zack sobered up somewhat, "What?"

Jayde nodded, "Yep. He's here checking out the casino."

"With that bitch he cheated with?"

"Yep. She's actually down there right now. Dean...I don't know where he's at and don't care either. But he told me he still thinks about me and loves me. Hell dude he even kissed me."

Zack nodded slowly then stopped, "What the fuck? He actually kissed you?"

"Yes Zack he kissed me. My sleazy ex kissed me after telling me that shit."

"Did...did you like it?"

Jayde raised an eyebrow, "For maybe five seconds then I came to my senses, called him a pussy and told him to eat shit and die."

Zack laughed, "That's awesome."

Jayde nodded with a smile as Zack stood up to stretch.

"You gonna go down to the casino tonight?"

She shook her head no, "I'd rather not. You totally can though."

"I'll stay up here with ya, I don't mind."

"It's ok Zee. Go have some fun. I've had a long ass day doing not much of anything. I'm worn out."

"I'll only be gone like an hour or so. Promise," he smiled.

"Zee."

"Jay."

She flipped him off and laid down on her side. Zack walked around the bed and hovered over her for a second.

She looked up at him with a weird look on her face, "What?"

He shrugged and kissed her cheek. A smile involuntarily formed on her face. She pulled him into a hug.

"Goodnight Jay," he mumbled against her neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, super sorry for a late update I had to edit the crap out of the chapter again. The next chapter on gets better I promise!
Thank you for all the comments! I really appreciate them!