Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

James Was It?

~♦~ Chloe’s Point Of View ~♦~

It was two days since Matt had brought his friends to meet Jenny. I was so worried for that girl it was untrue. She wasn’t herself anymore, it was as though she were a shadow of the person she used to be. The remains of a broken girl.

I had seen it in Matt’s eyes that day, we were so close yet so far from getting her out. All we needed were the records from when Jenny was first brought in but it seemed that Anne was guarding them with her life.

That’s one thing I’d never understand, why did Anne want to keep Jenny here so bad? She obviously hated the girl with an extreme passion so shouldn’t she being trying to get rid of her not try to keep her here?

I walked into Anne’s office, not even bothering to knock on the door. As I opened the door I noticed she was on the phone but still I walked in, over to the two chairs which sat in front of her desk and sat down.

“Erm yeah, I’m gonna have to call you back James. Okay, love you, bye then.” she hung up the phone and sat back in her seat, waiting for me to explain why I was here.

“I don’t have to tell you what I want, you already know.” I stated with as little emotion as possible.

“That could have been an extremely important phone call.”

“Could have been, meaning it wasn’t.” I replied smartly as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“I’m not having that Charlotte girl moved back into my ward, forget it.” she stated coldly, proving my thoughts about her being a heartless ice witch to be true.

“Or what? Anne you know that until you get that girl back into that ward Jennifer’s gonna give you hell and so am I. Why you gotta make it difficult for yourself?” I asked, leaning forward in my seat slightly.

“Make it difficult for myself? I’m doing what I can to protect my patients. I‘m not moving her back just to keep that monster of a girl, Jennifer, happy.” she snarled as she mirrored my actions by leaning forward in her seat.

“Protecting your patients, please! We’re not in front of the boss today Anne you don’t have to pretend you give a shit. And don’t say you do because to be entirely honest I’m already sick or your fake ass lies as it is. Put the girl back where she was before.” I demanded.

“What will you do if I don’t? Chloe you have no control over what I do, how long will it take for you to understand that?” she spoke snidely.

“James was it?” I asked nodding over towards the phone. “I don’t recall your husbands name being James. Or is my memory going now, maybe you should lock me up and throw away the key just like you do to all the other countless girls that have nothing wrong with them.” I smiled evilly.

“How do you know it wasn’t my brother?” she smirked.

“Because Anne I’ve met your brother before and his name is Steven.” I had to hold laughter in as the smirk instantly disappeared.

“What are you after Chloe, A pay rise? A promotion?” she asked, deadly serious.

“What?”

“Why are you always on my case?” she had lowered her voice to just above a whisper as though she were afraid someone would hear, even though there was no one around.

“Because you’re a self-centred, cold hearted bitch who constantly pisses me off. Put the girl back in the ward.” I repeated my demand from earlier in the conversation.

“And if I do you won’t breathe a word of what you heard today?” she asked, concern clear in her eyes.

“Not a word.” I smiled but then I realised there was something else I could use this information for. “But then again I could use one more favour so that it doesn’t accidentally slip.”

She looked at me, defeat showing evidently on her face so much so that I cheered inwardly to myself. “Name it.”

“I want the medical files from when Jennifer first came here.” I stated

She looked as though she were thinking about for a few seconds before she shook her head “Nope, I can’t do it.”

“Oh come on Anne you hate the girl, that much you’ve made blatantly obvious. Give me the files and she’ll be out of here and away from you for good. You wont have to deal with her again.” I noted, watching her face for any sign that she was about to cave.

“Give me the files and put Charlotte back in the ward and that phone call never happened.” I smiled.

“What do you gain out of getting that girl out of here? It can’t just be for that ‘warm fuzzy feeling’ you get when you do a good deed, what are you getting out of it?” she asked as she ran a hand through her hair.

“Oh come on, just because you only do something if your getting rich out of it doesn’t mean everyone else is as self centred as you. I’m doing it because she’s my friend and because she doesn’t belong here. Are you going to give me the files or am I making a phone call to your husband?”

There was silence between us for a few minutes before she bit her lip and picked her bag up from the ground next to her desk. After shuffling through the contents for a while she finally pulled out the file that I wanted before handing it to me over the desk.

I flipped through it briefly to make sure it was the one I wanted then looked up at her and smiled again.

“And you wont tell anyone about James?” she asked as she there her bag back on the floor lazily.

“Just make sure Charlotte’s back in the ward by tomorrow morning.” I stood up and walked out of the office, as soon as the door closed behind me my smile grew wider and I pulled out my cell, punching the number in quickly.

“Hey?” The voice from the other side answered.

“Yeah Matt it’s Chloe, I have something your gonna want to hear.” I gushed, making my way to the front entrance so I could leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people!

They have the files now, but does that mean everything will go smoothly?
Let me know what you think!

Five Comments = A Chapter

Shannon
xXx