Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

Pick A Number

~♦~ Jennifer’s Point Of View ~♦~

We arrived in Sedona in record time, half an hour sooner than we should have and were on our way to the hell hole that is Lakeview. The entire car ride was filled with nothing but anxiety and worry.

The first hour was spent by me filling Zacky in on everything that had happened between Charlotte and her ex including why she was brought into Lakeview and what she believed had happened to her son. Then after that I spent a good fifteen minutes on the phone to TJ telling him to get his info quick.

As we pulled up outside of Lakeview around dinner time there were security guards everywhere on the driveway and at the heart of all of the commotion stood Chloe ordering everyone around and telling them where to search. Charlie had left early and I’d missed her.

“You guys! Get your asses down to the airport now. You see her you don’t let her get on a plane no matter what. But regardless of how violent she gets, you hurt her and you’ll be out of a job.” she shouted at three guys standing around smoking.

“Chloe!” I called as I ran over to her. As soon as she saw me she smiled wide and opened her arms so I could hug her. “Chloe she called me earlier, I got here as soon as I could.”

“I know Jen. Oh.. Look who we have here.” she smiled looking over my shoulder at Zack. “I take it someone took my advice then?” she asked him and he nodded his head as she gave him a quick hug too.

“We don’t have a clue where she’s gone. Anne pulled her up outside of the TV room and told her that Nathan was coming to pick her up tomorrow and she ran. Jen you know I would never let that monster anywhere near her.” I nodded my head.

“Where is the cow?” I asked as I turned my head this way and that in search for her condescending face.

“Well what with me being in charge now I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and let her keep her job. Then this happened and I gave her an instant dismissal, she’s already cleared out her desk and gone home.” she explained and I felt myself smile.

“Bout time the bitch got what was coming to her” I stated happily.

“I’ll say.. Give me one minute.” smiled Chloe as she looked over my shoulder and before walking over to two men who seemed to not be doing anything. “What the fuck is this? Does the phrase ‘missing person’ not mean anything to you people? Well how bout ‘Job Centre’, will that get your ass in gear!?” the men instantly started working again.

“Jen we need to find her, she’s been gone for an a half hour already. Damn it what if he finds her?” I knew exactly what she was talking about and I thought she was about to go into a panic attack when a thought came into my head.

“Blake.” I said under my breath. I remembered the way they were together that day I went to him for help. “Blake still works here right?” I asked Chloe as a plan began piecing it’s self together in my head.

“Yeah I don’t see what this has to do with her though?” asked a confused Chloe. Zack was just standing back and letting us figure this out. We knew her and he didn’t so we’d be able to guess where she was better.

“When I went to him for the supply of meds they were practically all over each other. If she was gonna run away she’d go to him to get her out safely so it didn’t go the same way as the last time. Where is he?” I asked as I realised I might actually be onto something.

“He’s probably at his house or hanging with his brother at the Saga Motel were he works… Jenny you’re a genius!” she shouted as a large smile spread across her face.

“I’ll drive.” said Zack as all three of us headed towards his car. I got in the front passenger seat and Chloe got in back and yet again the drive was unsettled, the only difference being that this drive was shorter and with Zack driving slightly like a maniac instead of it taking us a good 40 minutes it only took us about 25.

When we finally got there we all jumped out of the car and towards the entrance. As we walked up to the front desk I saw a guy I recognised as Blake leaning over the desk while talking to a guy on the other side who resembled him slightly. This was not going to go down well.

“Hey boys, want some company?” I smiled as I walked up to Blake and stood next to him watching as he tensed up. “So Blake, still got it bad for Charlie?” I whispered secretively.

“What are you doing here Jay?” asked Blake, giving me an unappreciated nickname. “I ain’t giving you anymore shit so forget it.”

“Oh pipe down you know exactly what we’re here for.” Chloe smiled sweetly. “Or rather, who we’re here for.”

“I don’t know what your talking about.” he shook his head before turning away from me. But he walked straight into Zack before turning to us again.

“Come on Blake, pick a number between one and thirty and for your sake it better be the number of her room.” I smirked.

“Why in the name of hell do you think I would tell you? You’re the crazy, psycho bitch that left her to rot ain’t you?” this angered me.

“your wasting time.” I sang, but then I saw the look in his eyes and realised where I was going wrong. I’d thought he was doing this to be difficult but he wasn’t, he was genuinely just trying to protect her. I sighed before continuing.

“Blake I know you don’t want her to go back there, and trust me I don’t either. I get that you love her but there is someone she needs with her.” I explained. Truth be told if he didn’t tell me which one she was in I’d just knock on each and every door until found her but I’d rather get the right one first time around.

“She has me. She doesn’t need anyone else, she said that she’d be happy if it was just me and her.” he explained and I knew the hurt he was going through, it was a larger scale of the way my friends reacted when I was institutionalized.

“Don’t you think she’d be even happier if it was you, her and her son?” his eyes went wide and his mouth hung open slightly. “I know people who are, at this very minute, finding out where he is so we can get him back. Don’t you think she’d like to know her son is definitely alive?”

“Room 13”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well at least he was co-operative..
Thanks for th comments people!!

Five more!

Shannon
xXx