Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

My Son Cameron?

~♦~ Jennifer’s Point Of View ~♦~

As we approached room 13 Blake grabbed my arm, swinging me around to face him and, in turn, resulted in Zacky grabbing into his arm as twisting it a such a way where he both let go of me and winced slightly in pain.

“Calm it man.” Blake breathed out and Zack let go of him before walking over to me and putting an arm around me protectively. I couldn’t help myself from smiling at how defensive he was of me. “Jen I don’t know if you should go in there, she’s pretty distraught about Nathan, she’s been pretty violent, maybe..”

“Blake, I knew her before you were even in the state. We’re like sisters.” I smiled, I just wanted to know she was okay and let her know that soon Cameron would be in her care again. He nodded and Chloe said that they would all wait outside so that she’d stay calm.

I turned around and opened the door quietly before shutting it behind me. I saw Chloe lying on the bed at the furthest away side. She was facing the door so I could see that her eyes were closed as she slept. I walked over to her, sitting down on the bed facing her and began singing one of the songs from ‘Thirteen’ which had been our favourite movie at Lakeview.

“They‘ve clipped my wings again
Tore them apart and then left me
No use to fly away to
My yesterday of freedom
My eyes died back that day
Seeing the hurt I may have done
Beat me instead of them
Pain is my only Zen
Of fun”


I saw her eyes open slowly but when she saw that it was me lying next to her, her eyes widened and she threw herself towards me, enveloping me in a tight hug. I wasn’t slow in hugging her back, I felt like it had been years since I’d saw her last and I knew it was my fault.

“Jenny I’ve been so lonely.” I could tell she was crying and I felt close to tears myself. “Nathan was going t come get me and I have to get away Jen, I had to!” she sobbed and I felt the drops of water begin to fall own my cheeks.

“I know Charlie. I’m so sorry I didn’t come sooner, I should have gotten you out like I said I would.” I pulled away from her and we both sat up on the bed before reaching over and wiping each others tears away while laughing slightly.

“God Charlotte, so much has happened since we last saw each other.” she smiled and nodded. “I mean I’m over the addiction thankfully. I’ve been in so many fights. I met a guy and..” I stood up and lifted my shirt up a bit so she could see the small amount of weight I’d put on.

“Oh my god, you look so much better!” she said happily, She’d also known about my weight problem, who didn’t? “Oh and who is this guy? I’ve got to meet him to make sure he’s good enough.” she smirked.

“You will soon, he’s outside with Chloe and Blake but first there is something I need to tell you.” she gave me a puzzled expression before I continued. “It’s Cameron, I have three guys working on finding out where Nathan has him, we should know by the end of the week.”

Her face instantly lit up, she’d been saying constantly for the past two years that her son was alive and that Nathan had him, and every time she said it someone would call her crazy.

“Cam.. Cameron. My son, Cameron?” she asked unsurely and I noticed that her breathing had quickened.

“Your son, Cameron. I found some people who have a couple of scores to settle with our dear Nathan and they were happy to help on the condition that once we’ve got Cameron we leave and let them deal with Nathan.” I smiled.

“Oh my god Jenny, I’m gonna get to see my baby!” she squealed while jumping up and clapping her hands like a young child would if they had just been told they could play for another ten minutes or they could get as much chocolate as they wanted.

“Calm down Charlie, it has been two years since you last saw him, he won’t be a baby anymore.” I smiled, I hadn’t seen her this genuinely happy in a very long time.

We stayed in the room for about ten minutes more before deciding we should probably go out to the others. I walked out of the room first and she followed closely behind, she was scared Chloe would be angry at her for leaving. I told her she was just glad she was safe but she didn’t believe me.

“Hey, look who I found.” I smiled as she timidly walked over so that she was standing next to me, looking first at Chloe remorsefully then at Zack unsurely. “Charlie this is Zacky, he’s my boyfriend.” I smiled.

“Hey Charlie.” he said softly. I knew he was walking on eggshells and trying not to do or say anything that might, even in the slightest, upset her. Yet another of the reasons why I loved him, he was so compassionate.

“Hi.” she smiled and I had a feeling she knew he was trying to be careful. She turned to Chloe and smiled at her. “I’m sorry for leaving, but he was going to get me if I didn’t do something.”

“I wouldn’t have let him Charlie I promised you then and I’m promising you now, he won’t.” she smiled and Charlie walked over and hugged her tightly before cuddling in closely to Blake. Seeing her close to him made me smile, she looked happy and comfortable but most importantly she looked as though she felt safe and that made me respect him so much.

I felt Zack’s arms snake around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder before he spoke up. “Um, where are we supposed to be staying? You know, until we find out where the kid is?”

“Erm.. Here?” I asked unsurely. To be entirely honest I hadn’t thought about any of this before hand I just left. I probably should have at leas sorted out where we would stay but it was really the last thing on my mind.

“No not here, the rooms smell funny.” whined Charlie and I couldn’t help but laugh at her sudden childish outburst. She was going back to normal and forgetting about her fear.

“Don’t be silly you guys ain’t staying at a motel, y’all are coming back to my house!” laughed Chloe as though it were the most obvious thing on the entire planet. I coughed a little over the top and gave her a look. “Oh alright it’s my dad’s house!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, we're in Arizona now..
But what shall happen next?
we have about ten chapters left!
Five Comments to bring that down to nine!

Shannon
xXx