Sequel: Broken
Status: Finished !!

Diary Of Insanity

It Runs In The Family

~♦~ Matt’s Point Of View ~♦~

We were waiting out in the reception area of the hospital, waiting to be taken to meet my sister who’s name I found out was Jennifer. I couldn’t wait to meet her but at the same time I didn’t want to go in there, her be a complete head case and my mum have to go through losing her daughter again. I don’t think she could take going back to California without her.

Finally some woman came and introduced herself as Anne, she said that she was Jennifer’s personal nurse and that she would take us through to see her. I looked over at my mum and sighed, I could tell her nerves were overflowing.

We were shown down a long corridor, security everywhere but then again what could you expect in a place like this. Finally we were shown through a door into a smallish room with three chairs on one side of a table and one on the other. Sitting on that chair was a girl with long black hair and dark eyes that looked black from the distance. It was my sister.

We sat down in the seats opposite her, mum in between me and dad. We were all uncomfortable, even Jennifer.

“Erm, hello Jennifer” mum smiled. I could tell all she wanted was to get up and hug her, this was the first time she’d seen her daughter since she was about two weeks old.

“You can call me Jenny, everyone does.” she smiled. When she smiled I could see the resemblance between her and mum and this made it sink in. The search was over, we’d finally found her and it really was her.

“So.. Jenny, how have you been?” asked dad shakily.

“How would you be if you’d been locked up in a loony bin for the past year and a half?” She asked as she shrugged. I don’t think any of us were expecting an answer like that. “I’m fine thanks.” she added after a few seconds of silence.

“So Jenny, this is your brother Matt.” mum smiled as she touched my arm as I continued to stare at Jenny while thinking, ‘this really is my sister.’ not only was I thinking that but also. She was living in a hospital but she looked anything but healthy, she looked as though she would snap like a twig she was that skinny and frail. “Matthew!” mum hissed at me under her breath, bringing me back to the land of the living.

I only mumbled “Hello.” this was ridiculous. I’d spent so much time thinking about what I would say to her and what we would talk about and now I could barely get the word ‘hello’ out. Everyone was silent for a while.

“So.. mum, how does it feel to have an alleged psycho for a daughter?” Jenny asked, smiling slightly. Mum only gasped.

“now I don’t think that’s really appropriate Jennifer.” stated dad with a disapproving glance.

“Well we’re going to have to talk about it some time.” she sighed before sitting forward in her seat and continuing. “Your right, I’m sorry. It’s not something people like to talk about.” mum smiled at her again. I honestly can say I don’t think my sister is crazy.

“Jenny, we want you to know that, well, we’re hoping to adopt you back into the family. That is, if you want..” mum gushed out before cutting herself off to look for Jennifer’s reaction.

“Really? You really want to adopt me?” she asked disbelievingly as she looked at all of us.

“Oh Jennifer!” mum quickly got up from her seat and walked rapidly around the table to my sister, taking hold of one of her hands and touching her cheek gently. I watched as the security guard shifted his weight from one foot to the other unsteadily and fought to hide my laughter. “Jenny why wouldn’t we want to bring you back into the family? You’re my daughter, no matter how long you’ve been away from home.”

“And you don’t mind that I’m locked up?” she asked quietly.

“Well I’d prefer to hear why you’re here before I make judgment.” mum smiled again which was mirrored back by Jennifer.

“You mean they didn’t tell you?” she asked with a slight frown.

“We’d like to hear your side of it.” said dad. Truthfully we’d been told the basic outline of what the doctors thought. We’d been told that Jenny was bipolar and had extremely violent mood swings which was why she needed medication, so that she wouldn’t hurt herself or anyone else but so far, she seemed just like a normal teenage girl.

She sighed. “Two years ago my foster parents were killed in a plane crash, coming back from meeting you guys. I was then placed into foster care. I was placed with the guy and his girlfriend but after three months she left him and he started drinking. A lot.” she stopped for a minute then continued.

“After he started drinking I would just stay out of his way, his girlfriend had said that he was violent when drunk and I didn’t want to take any chances. But then six months after I’d moved in he came home one night while I was asleep on the couch and…” the tears were streaming down her face and I felt the anger and brotherly concern boil within me. I wanted nothing more that to rip this guy apart. Mum hugged her tightly.

“The police didn’t believe that he’d tried to force himself on me. They said that I was suffering from losing my family and that I’d made it all up for attention. They said that I didn’t have a good enough motive to stab him. I don’t know why I’m here though, I’m not crazy.” We were a bit taken aback from the story but since we didn’t have a lot of time to spent with each other we moved on quickly.

We spent the next hour or so talking about everything we’d done in the past that we had missed. I was still trying to get my head around the fact that this was actually my baby sister sitting in front of me. Nineteen years old and in an asylum.

Over an hour and a half later and the door to the little room was opened by the same woman that had shown us in.

“Sorry to interrupt. It’s time for Jennifer’s lunch and afternoon medication.” she smiled. I saw the smile from Jennifer’s face fade. I don’t think she liked this person very much.

“It’s okay, I don’t want or need either.” my sister smiled then turned her back on Anne. I agreed with her not needing the medication but she definitely needed some food.

“Well Jennifer you haven’t eaten anything for the past four days so you eating today, no exceptions. And as for you medication you don’t have a choice. “ she put her hand on her hip. That explains why my little sister looked so thin, she hadn’t eaten in four days straight and I bet that wasn’t the only time she’d gone without food.

“I’d rather stay here with my family Anne.” Jennifer turned around in her chair so she could look at Anne.

“Jennifer, you need your medication.” she walked closer towards her.

“I don’t need it and I don’t want it. Do I look as though I’m a lunatic to you? I’m very much able to take responsibility for my actions thank you very much.” she stated, the girl had a point she looked nothing like someone who was mad.

“Then how do you explain your violent outbursts?” Anne was getting quite angry now.

“Simple, you piss me off.” she smiled and I couldn’t help but smile. This girl hadn’t even know us for a day and already had the same attitude which ran in the family.

“Five minutes!” grumbled Anne before she walked sulkily from the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heree we goo!

Let me know what you think!!
Commets are Amazingly Amazing!!!

Shannon
xXx