Biotech

Infectious

"Identification number."

The stark tone of the computerized voice that comes from the panel on the daunting steel door makes his skin crawl, the horrid anticipation in his gut boiling beneath flesh still slick from the chemical shower he endured mere moments before.

"684-A." He licks his lips, the salt of sweat mixing with the sour tang that his now sterile skin has adopted causing him to gag.

"Clearance classification."

"Class S." An agonizing wail crashes over him from somewhere up the hall and he stiffens, not because he fears, but because he knows that voice.

"Name."

"D-" He stops short, chest aching as he remembers that isn't what he's being asked.

The computer screen glows a menacing scarlet before emitting a high pitched beep. The metal clamp that engulfs the back of his neck begins to hum in response, the teeth that dig into the flesh at the left and right sides pushing in ever so slightly, the pins that have been expertly placed between his vertebrae initiating a sharp pulse, causing the muscle there to twist uncomfortably from the stimulation. It is a warning; the only one he'll get.

He clears his throat and clears his mind, pushing the dread back down into the pit of his stomach.

"No Longer Human."

Two low, melodic tones emit from the panel and the apparatus at his neck stills, though his skin still crawls from the burn of the stimulation. The screen flares from red to fluorescent white before flashing a bright jade, the hydraulic locks on the door releasing with a long whoosh.

A deep breath in, a long sigh out.

"Welcome back, NLH684-A."
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally I was going to work this idea into Death & Dying, but I don't think they go together so I'm going to pull and redo chapter five and make this its own thing.

Layout hath been fixed. Satan be praised.