Status: Ill update when I can

The Virus

Chapter 1

“But mother, I’m not ready for the war yet. I am only fifteen!” I protest with my mother, but as I expected she shoves all my belongings into a suitcase and zips it up.

“Your grandmother was much younger when she entered, brave up now dear; your ride will be here in less than an hour.”

“How old were you when you left home for war?” I ask her, taking one last look around my room before leaving one final time.

“I didn’t go. It’s only the every second, youngest child that goes to battle.” She tells me, and I remember all the discussions we had on the matter.

“But why?”

“Stop asking questions and finish getting ready.” I groan and head down the stairs, I wasn’t ready for this but it was something I was destined to do. I had avoided it for so long, but now it was my time to go.

A knock at the doorbell disrupts my thoughts, I lift my head up and slowly descend towards the door. Mother had said less than an hour, why are they here so soon?

I go to the door slowly, and I open it to find two police officers standing there. Looking fierce and showing their badges at me.

“Miss, Annabelle Katherine… is your mother here?”

“Anna! Don’t answer the door, it’s not them!” I hear my mother yell from upstairs, but its too late they are already pushing me to the side and rushing in my house.

“Hey, whats going on?” I protest trying to figure everything out. My mother is screaming from upstairs, and everything else has become a blur. They drag my mother down the stairs, she’s in handcuffs and is unconscious. One of the female police officers looks in my direction and grabs at me harshly, I am stunned to the ground and can feel them slapping handcuffs on my own wrists.

A zap of electricity sends a shock throughout my body, I become numb. The darkness around me swirling in my vision, the small dots become larger as my head slumps down one final time.

***

I awake, hours later. Alone in a white room, with bright white lights staring at me from above. I blink, more than once thinking I could be in some strange dream. A sudden piercing sound breaks my ears, I want to take my hands and block it out but they are strapped to the table I lay on. My clothes have disappeared as well and replaced with a white sheet.

A man suddenly enters the room, he’s wearing a white lab coat and carrying a clipboard in his hands. He approaches me softly, my heart races faster the closer he gets to me.

“Don’t be scared.” He says calmly, and he strokes my hair with his hand and lets out a sigh.

“Where am I?” I ask, trying to look around the room more but being strapped to a table blocks my head from moving in any direction.

“What year are you from?” The man asks, reading off of his clipboard completely ignoring my question.

“1945, why do you ask?” I answer him, confused and still wanting answers to my own questions.

“What is your name?”

“Annabelle Katherine Ivory, and my mothers name is Lilian Marcie Ivory.” The man nods and checks something off of his clipboard. He gets up and pulls out a strange device from his pocket.

“What’s that?” I question him.

“This, Miss Anna is a cell phone; you text and make phone calls on it.” He puts the phone up to his ear and I can hear a dial tone from the speaker of the phone. I am well confused at this point.

He paces a few steps away from me, I try to listen to the conversation but he deliberately makes it hard to.

“She’s fairly coherent, she has no idea where she is right now.” I can hear him mumble slightly.

“Release her? With the others? That could be dangerous, she was tested positive for the gene.”

“WHAT’S GOING ON!” I shout out loud, trying to break from my restraints.

The man turns to me and puts a finger up, I continue to try and break free but it doesn’t work in the slightest. “Where is my mother?”

“Your mother is dead.” He says, and I break out in tears crying loudly.

“Where am I!” I have to know what’s going on before it drives me to the point of insanity.

The man hangs up from his phone call, and walks slowly towards me. “2185.”