Forest Fairy

Full Moon Affect

"Hey," Isaac grabbed his girlfriend's wrist as she went to walk further into the dark house. She hadn't said a word on the way home from the rave. "Are you okay?"

"Being attacked by a creature no one seems to be able to kill," Haley sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Just peachy. What I can't shake is hearing someone on the brink of death."

Isaac's eyes flashed yellow, catching her damp face. "Derek just texted me saying everything was fine and Scott is healing."

"But you didn't hear it," she whispered.

"Babe," he pulled her into his chest. "He's alive and he will be okay."

Her heart swelled hearing him call her that, but her mind didn't stay focused on it for long because her mind went to his heartbeat. His rate jumped slightly when he said it and she focused on the steady, strong beat. Breathing in his scent, which actually smelled like a mixer of her perfume, Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf and Axe, calmed her racing heart. As she pulled away, she looked up at Isaac, who gave her a small smile and then she felt his slight chapped lips on her forehead, making her own smile shine. Haley backed away, took a hold of his hand and pulled him up to her room, glad that her mom now work nights.

Isaac watched as she flipped on the light to her bedroom and walk in. Much to his surprise, she walked back towards him, only to pull him to stand by her bed. His eyes locked on her smile as her fingers wound at the hem of his shirt. She listened as his heart rate quickened. One of his hands found its way to the nip of her neck and the other to her hip, and his lips were pressed firmly on hers. Haley soon found her hands underneath his shirt, pressing them into his bare back. Isaac fought her for dominance over the kiss. Gasping for air, she quickly removed his shirt. He came to his senses and backed away quickly before she got hurt. Haley watched in confusing as he backed away.

"Isaac?" Her soft voice only fueled his inner wolf.

Before she knew it, she stood staring at a wolf out Isaac. His yellow eyes bared down on her calm frame, which only infuriated his wolf more. He gave a roar and launched himself at his girlfriend. Haley sighed and without much effort dodged his attack, making him slam into the wall head first. Isaac landed onto the floor breathing heavily. He stayed there having an inner battle with himself. Half cursing himself and the other half cursing his alpha at not teaching him how to control himself yet. Taking a breath, she took a seat on her bed and watched Isaac try to control himself.

"I can't," his voice broke the silence. Haley stayed quiet, but she was confused by his words. "I can't keep doing this."

He curled in on himself and placed his back on the wall while his hands covered his face. Haley sat on her bed giving him some room and listened. Listened to the splashes on tears that landed on her carpeted floor. His heavy breathing. His quivering heart. She pulled her knees up to her chest and starred at him. The need to comfort him was strong but she fought it because she knew once she went over there he would leave. Something she did not want. After some time he finally calmed down but he did not dare look at the brunette in front of him.

"I don't want to hurt you," his whisper was so quiet, without her heightened hearing she wouldn't have heard it. He got up, grabbed his shirt and slipped it on, still not looking at her.

Haley knew what was happening. She has seen it once too many times with her mother and her boyfriends. "But you're hurting me if you do this, Isaac."

For the first time since his attack, he glanced towards her. He took in her arms around her legs as her chin rested on her knees. Her eyes were casted away from him and were placed on the floor. Isaac's heart broke just looking at her and as he listened to her heartbeat knock against her rib cage. He sighed and ran his hands roughly through his hair. He hated himself for making her feel this way but he didn't know what to do. This was the second time he attacked her in this very room because he couldn't control himself around her.

"I've got to go," he grabbed the door knob, listening as the girl behind him breath's hitched.

"O-okay-y," Haley whispered, not daring to move.

Battling with himself for a couple of seconds, Isaac finally opened the door and quickly made his way down the stairs. Haley listened to his foot steps until she could no longer hear them. She focused only on them because if she focused on anything else she would have ran after him. Taking a gulp of air, she got up and turned off her light before stripping down and climbing into bed. That night she cried. Cried harder than the time her father left her and her mother. Cried until she could no longer cry anymore and fell into a transient sleep.

Erica heard the door open to the train station and listened to the thump of Isaac's heart. A thump that seems to be simply described as erratic. She could smell the sadness seeping off of him and she knew something had happened with her best friend. Not being able to contain herself she jumped down from the top of the train car and let out a growl, as her eyes glowed yellow at the boy. Baring her teeth, she glared and kept her breathing strong and heavy. Isaac knew she could tell something had happened but he never knew he would get this reaction.

"Erica," Derek's calm voice broke the awkward silence. He came out of the shadows and peered at his two betas. "What's going on?"

Before either boys knew what happened, Erica roared and charged towards the curly haired beta. She didn't get very far because Boyd grabbed her around her waist before she could get any where close to Isaac. She did not like that at all. She snapped her teeth at Isaac and clawed at Boyd's arm around her waist. Erica was strong, but Boyd was stronger. She gave another roar, still fighting, but he still didn't let up around her waist. Derek knew her behavior had to do with the full moon being tomorrow, but he didn't know what caused this rant.

"He hurt my best friend!" She screamed, growling at the blonde before her.

"What did you do?" Derek glared at the young beta, going to the worst possibility in his head.

"We're on a break for a while," Isaac ran his hand through his hair giving a large sigh. He jumped slightly at the snarl he got from Erica, who still stood growling in Boyd's arms. This pissed him off. "I almost hurt her, okay! I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt her."

She slowed her breathing and shoved Boyd off of her, but he made sure to stay close in case. She bared her teeth at him again. "You may not have physically hurt her, but you just caused so much emotional hurt I wouldn't be surprised she cried herself to sleep tonight."

Giving one more snarl, Erica walked out the train station quickly, leaving the boys with the sound of the slamming door in her wake. Boyd simply shook his head and ventured back to his side of the station. Derek looked at his heart broken beta, thinking that what he had done was stupid, but he completely understood what he meant. Because he too went through the same thing at his age. Something he still battles with to this day.

"You know," Derek started only to receive a glare from Isaac.

"I don't want to hear it Derek," he growled, marching to his side of the station, not wanting to deal with anyone at this moment anymore. All he wanted was to be alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please Hals," Erica sighed, making her way back to the train station. "I really need you tonight."

"Eri," Haley bit her lip, looking in her closet for a jacket. A jacket that was not Isaac's. "I'm pretty sure I'm not welcomed there."

"Listen," she growled, taking a breath to calm herself, before continuing. "I don't care what happened with Isaac. I'm your best friend and I really need you there tonight. And even Derek said he wouldn't mind having your help tonight."

"Alright. I'll meet you there."

"Thanks," Erica smiled, relieved she wouldn't have to go through this alone.

Erica made her way down the stairs and over to the train car as Derek brought out a box with the same symbol on his back on it. As she passed Isaac she gave him a sneer, which he responded with a sigh. He really wished Haley was here because she was there for his first full moon. Now he wished she was here for his real first full moon that he's prepared for. He looked at the trunk in front of Derek and noticed the pattern in front of it. Isaac knew it meant something to him or he wouldn't have it tattooed on his back.

"What is that?" Isaac questioned, nodding to the symbol.

Before the alpha could respond, Boyd beat him to it. "It's a triskele. Spirals mean different things. Past, present, future. Mother, father, child."

All three werewolves looked towards him, with Derek looking quite impressed with him. "You know what it means to me?"

"Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd took a guess.

"That's right," Derek gave him a small smile. He looked at all three of his betas. "It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alpha's can also fall to betas or even omegas."

Isaac took in the information and thought of one person. "Like Scott?"

"Scott's with us," Derek replied as he pulled out the chains.

"Really?" Isaac raised an eyebrow at that answer and looked around the room. "Then where is he?"

"He's looking for Jackson," he pulled more chains out of the box. Isaac gave him another look of disbelief. "Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

Erica gave a chuckle and smiled at the boys, "Good thing I had my period last week, then."

Derek smirked at her and pulled out a head chain with spikes. "Well, this one's for you."

Boyd gave a small laugh and Isaac grinned. Soon all four werewolves became aware of the fifth heartbeat as the door slammed to the station. Haley made her way down the stairs and raised an eyebrow at the thing in Derek's hand. She could hear their conversation for a while and she was wondering what Derek had for Erica. Isaac's heart exploded as soon as he smelled her perfume once she entered the room. He tried to avoid her gaze, but it was hard to do so. He drank in the sight of her sweatpants and sweatshirt that didn't belong to him, making his heart plummet to his stomach.

"I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that," Haley giggled, as she smiled at her best friend.

"You," Erica pointed at the brunette with a slight glare. "Shut up."

Haley laughed, shaking her head and made her way down the stairs. She stopped in front of Derek and saluted him. "Reporting for duty, sir."

"Just help me with the chains for now," he shook his head at the shorter girl with a small smirk gracing his face.

"Ey, ey! Captain!" She smiled, lugging the chains into the train car.

Isaac watched as she helped pull the chains into the car. He wanted to say something to her, but she avoid anything to do with him as soon as she walked in. She didn't even glance his way, at least not when he was looking. Haley did give him somewhat attention, but she made sure he wasn't look each time. It was hard not to look at him. Especially in that blue sweater. Once all the chains got moved to the car, Boyd happened to be the first one to be chained up. Haley stood back to watch, while the other three got hooked up.

"What if we break free?" Boyd inquired, while watching Derek tighten the chains on his arms.

"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here," Derek grimaced as he tightened once more. "Probably try to kill Haley and me." This made Isaac scowl and the young elf giggle at the thought of them catching her. "Then kill each other and kill anything else with a heartbeat." He turned towards Erica and Isaac, holding up the headband. "I need you to hold her."

Haley watched as he looped his arms around Erica's in order to hold her still. She turned away because she didn't like the thought of watching someone put that on anyone, let alone her best friend. Erica tried to stand still, but knowing that this thing was about to be put into her skull did not make her feel any better. Especially with the feeling the affects of the full moon. Isaac watched as Derek got ready to put the headband on her.

"So," Isaac started holding Erica firmer. "How come she gets to wear the headband?"

"Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you," Derek smirked at Isaac. "I've got an extra one if you really want it."

Isaac's eyes widen slightly and he shook his head, "Nah, I'll pass."

Haley responded with, "I would love to see that." At the same time, making Isaac look at the back of her head and Derek chuckle.

Derek made eye contact with Erica, "You ready?"

"Yeah," Erica breathed and nodded, as she braced against Isaac.

Haley knew what was coming, but she didn't know she would feel it too. She tried her hardest to detach herself from the situation. Her best friend's scream made her knees buckle and she landed on a seat. She started to hum, however with each screw that made it into Erica's skull pulled her back. Isaac held onto Erica with all his strength as he tried to tune out her scream. He did notice his girl in the front of the car gripping her head, knowing this was affect her more than anyone. Boyd winced, feeling his heart hammer against his chest as he watched Erica howl. Finally, Derek got the last screw in and he was able to chain her up next to Boyd. Erica was exhausted, but took notice of her best friend.

"Ha-," Erica started to say, but her voice was so horsed from screaming. she cleared her throat before continuing. "Haley."

Derek glanced at the young elf, whom was breathing deeply. He began to make his way towards her, seeing as Isaac stood struggling with himself to go be by her side. Haley looked at the alpha with her deep glowing green eyes. She was gaining control, finally. Derek stood in front of her, taking in tear streaked cheeks, wondering if having her here was a smart idea.

"I'm okay," she gave a wary smile. "I will be fine. That would have happened if I was here or not."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine," Haley stood up as her eyes faded back to her normal brown. "We better chain him up now rather than later."

Derek glanced back to where Haley was looking at Isaac. He was struggling with himself without him truly knowing because his thoughts were more on short brunette than himself. He followed his alpha to the front of the train car as he continued to fight the full moon's affects. She bit her lip, debating if she should try to comfort him. Finally, she took a step forward and placed a hand on his shoulder. The beta calmed right at her touch. Enough so Derek could chain one hand down.

"How do you not feel this?" Isaac breathed, casting his eyes towards his alpha.

"I feel every second of it," Derek looked at the couple, before moving onto chaining his other arm to the chair.

"Then," he breathed, fighting it more and trying to focus on Haley's touch. "How do you control it?"

"Find an anchor. Something meaningful to you." Derek's eyes flicked towards the young brunette behind his beta. Something that did not go unnoticed by either teen. "Bind yourself to it. Keep the human side in control."

Isaac watched him switch to the other arm and leg. "What is it for you?"

"His anger," Haley broke into the conversation with a giggle. The alpha looked towards the elf impressed.

"Anger," Derek agreed with her. "But it doesn't have to be that for everybody."

"You mean Scott?" The young beta asked.

He tightened the chains more around his beta's ankles before standing up. "Yeah. Alright, that should do it."

Haley took her hand off Isaac's shoulder and followed Derek out the train car. She ran her hand through her hair before taking a seat at the table. The sound of chains rattling against the metal bars of the train echoed through the building. To the young elf, the sound was calming to her in a way. She hates seeing her best friends and whatever the hell Isaac was to her at the moment chained up like that. But she knew it was for everyone's good in Beacon Hills. No rogue betas on the loose while hunters were in town was a very good thing.

"He feels bad," Derek's rough voice broke the silence. All he got in response was a hum. "You know. I've been where you two are before." Haley quirked an eyebrow in questioning. "He's scared he won't be able to control himself with you."

"And I get that," she sighed, playing with the end of her ponytail.

"But I don't think you do," he shook his head. "You don't have to fight this like we do. One wrong move and you can die."

"Was she human?" She questioned, hearing his heart start a rhythm she has never heard from him before. She took that as her answer. "I'm a haltija. I'm not human. And from what Stiles has found out I can basically regenerate like the Doctor. So I'm not worried."

"Doctor?" Derek eyebrow quirked with confusion.

"Don't worry about," Haley laughed, shaking her head. "All I'm saying is he shouldn't have to worry about hurting me. I can heal myself. Fuck, Derek, I can heal someone with the power of my own touch!"

"I've lost someone close to me before the fire," Derek ran his hand through his hair, not believing he was telling her this. Neither of them focused on the rattling for a while, but it had increased slightly. "I was your age too."

"She was you're first love?"

"The reason my eyes were once blue," he shook his head and grabbed his phone. Ending the conversation there.

"I'm sorry," Haley offered him a sad smile, but giggled a little. "But did Sourwolf just open up a little to someone?"

Derek rolled his eyes, making her smile widen. Her smile soon dropped when a deep growl erupted through the building, along with howls. Getting up quickly, she made her way towards the door of the car. What she saw made her extremely worried. Isaac fought for as long as he could, but he sat on the bench, struggling against his restraints. She listened into Derek on the phone, just wondering who he was calling.

"Scott," Derek listened to his betas growling from a few feet away. "Can you call me back? I'm probably gonna need some more help."

Haley watched as Isaac finally succeed with snapping half of the chains off the metal posts and the other half of the post coming out of the train car, making her eyes widen. "Derek!"

Derek jumped slightly hearing his name and the chains dropping to the floor. "Definitely gonna need some more help."

He quickly hung up and ran to the train car. Haley shot a blast of wind towards the beta as he stood up, causing him to waiver slightly. Not fully knocking him back onto the bench. She concentrated more on her wind, but she still quarrels with her control. Isaac came forward once the wind had stopped, but Derek pushed her behind him and shoved Isaac back. They battle for a few more seconds before both stopped once the sound of more chains break sounded through the car. All three turned towards the back of the bus and saw Erica and Boyd staring at them.

"Isaac!" Derek yelled, watching him jump through the window.

Both Haley and Derek's attention turned towards the other two betas, who both took the chance to attack. Derek made sure he caught Boyd, leaving Erica to Haley. Boyd was strong and fought against his alpha with ease, but Derek was ready for this. Haley jumped out the way of a rogue Erica, having her slam into the wall of the train car. She quickly recovered and snapped her teeth at the elf. Once again, she dodged her best friend's attack.

"Erica!" Haley called, trying to get the werewolves attention. Dodging again, she made Erica turn back around towards her. "Come on, Eri! Fight this!"

Something seemed to resonate with Erica, as her movement faltered. Movement that did not go unnoticed by Haley. But as quickly as it came it was gone and Erica went to attack again, but she slammed to the ground instead. Confused, Haley looked up to see Isaac now pressing a knee into the blonde werewolf's back to keep her down. Yellow eyes meet green and Isaac gave her a nod, showing her he was okay. Haley gave him a small smile before going and helping him chain her back up. Derek smiled at his young beta before finishing up Boyd's chains. After both Boyd and Erica were chained up, Derek move back to Isaac to chain him to a new bench.

"Think you'll be okay now," Derek huffed, giving the chain one last dug. "Looks like you found an anchor." He glanced at the elf before looking back to his beta.

Isaac looked at Haley, who listened to his heartbeat to calm hers. "My father." No bleep. The truth.

"Your father locked you in the freezer in the basement to punish you," Derek quirked an eyebrow.

"He didn't use to."

Nodding his head, Derek stood up and walked out the train car to give the two teens some privacy. Haley bit her lip as Isaac watched her fidget with the hem of her sweater. He knew she wanted to say something. Anything. But she didn't know where to begin. So he did the starting for her.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, taking his eyes off her.

Smiling, she walked over to him. "I know."

He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. "I know you're not human. Which I think that scares me more because I don't know your healing extend and I don't want to know."

"Isaac," she sighed, place a hand on his shoulder. His eyes remained close. She ran her fingers through his hair and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Get some sleep. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

Haley turned around and stepped out of the train car. Derek stood in front of her with a smirk on his face. She rolled her eyes at him and gave him a slight push, making him chuckle. Both of their attention snapped to the presence that came out of the shadows. There stood a strawberry blonde, Lydia Martin.

"Lydia?" They both questioned, confused on why the teen was here.

Not saying a word, Lydia blew a purple powder in Derek's face. Haley's eyes widen as she watched the alpha werewolf fall flat on his face. She glanced back up, only to have green powder blown into her face. She felt dizzy, before she meet the same fate as the werewolf next to her.

That was the last thing she remembered before waking up to Lydia dragging her across the woods and into an old house. The old Hale house. She couldn't speak and going in and out of conciseness. Next thing she remembers is watching Lydia drag what looked like a very heavy Derek Hale, causing him to wake up.

"Lydia," he faintly called her name as he was being dragged. "Lydia. Lydia. Stop. You don't know what you're doing."

Haley didn't know what she was doing either. She felt Lydia place her hand around what felt like flesh and bone. Groaning, she looked over to see her placing Derek's arm around a hand coming through the ground. The hand in which belonged to the flesh she was now holding onto. Derek looked into Haley's brown orbs, seeing she was going in and out more than he was. They both watched as the moonlight shifted to hit their three hands. Pain engulfed them both, causing them to scream. Haley didn't understand what was going on, but she heard the floor boards break next and her hand no longer gripped the arm. Because that arm now dangled above her. Attached to the body of a man.

"I heard there was a party. Don't worry. I invited myself." This was the last thing Haley heard before losing all her senses to the darkness once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe please!