Forest Fairy

Saving the Day

“Derek?” Deaton rushed into the Hale house, noticing the passed out alpha and haltija. He knew he could get through Derek. Not so much to Haley. “Derek, can you hear me? I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek!” Deaton sighed, not getting a response from the werewolf. So he took out the one thing he knew would work. “We don’t have much time.”

Hearing a high pitch ringing, Derek gasped awake and winced at the sound. Taking his hand away from his ear, he looked towards the veterinarian. “That sound. What was it?”

Deaton smiled, holding up his dog whistle, making Derek roll his eyes. The alpha went to get up but found it difficult to do so. “You’re gonna be week for several hours.”

This made him think back to what happened last night. Or maybe a few hours ago based on how dark it was outside still. He remembered his uncle coming back to life after something Lydia did. “It actually happened.”

“Don’t worry,” Deaton reassured what he knew his one thought would be. “You’re still an Alpha. But, as usual, not a particularly competent one.”

Derek followed the veterinarian's gaze to the young brunette not too far from them. “Haley.”

“Don’t worry about her,” this phrase made the alpha glare at the man in front of him. Of course he’ll worry about her. “She will be fine in a while. She’ll be coming with me tonight.”

“Where is he?” Derek questioned once he realized he didn’t see his uncle anywhere.

“I wish I could tell you,” Deaton sighed, moving his way to the young female.

“Then how about you tell me what you’re doing here and why you’re helping me and my pack?”

“Helping your family actually used to be a pretty important part of my life,” he began, only to sigh when he realized Haley was more worse off than he thought. He glanced back up at Derek. “Helping you was a promise I made to your mother.”

“You’re the one my sister talked about. She said you’re a,” he paused thinking about what Laura told him. “Kind of advisor?”
Deaton nodded his head. “She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do,” he waved his had over Haley and towards him before continuing. “Doesn’t come without a price. He’ll be physically weak, so he’ll rely on the strength of his intelligence, he's cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He’ll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He’ll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him.”

“I don’t trust anyone,” he growled, but his face soften when his eyes landed on Haley.

That look didn’t got unnoticed by Deaton. “I know. If you did, you might be the alpha you like to think you are. And unfortunately, the one person you should trust doesn’t trust you at all.”

“Scott,” Derek sighed, hating that it always came back to the young beta.

“He’s with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I’ve known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me,” he glanced back up after a short pause. “It’s going exactly the way he wants it to.”

Getting up, Derek took another glance at Haley, wondering why she hadn’t woken up yet. “Are you sure she's okay?”

“I may need your help getting her in my car before you go,” Deaton stood up and motioned to Derek to follow him once he secured the girl in his arms. “She’ll be at my office. But you must go find Scott and fast. And Derek.” After the alpha placed her in the back of the vet's car, he looked back to him before he left. “Tell Isaac that she’s in good hands. What happened to her took a lot out of her.”

Isaac woke up a few hours later and listened. Listening for her heart beat. But he didn’t hear it. In fact he didn’t even hear Derek's for that matter. He pulled at the chains, trying to get out. He had been struggling for a few minutes before he heard his alpha’s heartbeat. Calming a little, he faintly caught a different scent that wasn’t there when he fell asleep. The scent of Lydia Martin. Taking his focus off of the scent, he tugged at the chains again, not understanding why he couldn’t hear her heartbeat. Derek heard the chains rattling and knew who it was right away. Entering the train car, he took in the now human face of Isaac. He knew his face wouldn’t stay human for long. He glanced at his other two betas and saw they were still knocked out cold from their fights earlier.

“Why do I smell Lydia?” Isaac inquired, breaking the awkward silence.

“That’s not the question I thought you would ask,” Derek's eyebrow quirked. Isaac just stared at him, waiting for the answer to his question. “Lydia drugged Haley and I.”

The beta waited for a further explanation on the matter and when he got none he questioned his alpha once more. “Why? And where is Haley?” He tugged harder on his restraints, feeling his heart race.

“I don’t know why Lydia drugged us,” he made sure his heartbeat stayed steady. “Haley is with Deaton.”

“The witch?” Isaac roared, tugging on the chains harder.

“He’s not a witch,” Derek sighed, throwing on a new shirt. He looked at his confused beta. “Listen. If Haley wasn’t safe I wouldn’t be here right now. She’s part of the pack. She’s safe with Deaton but right now you need to stay put so you don’t do any harm out there. Or get caught by the hunters. Something you know Haley wouldn’t want to happen.”

Isaac watched his alpha walk out of the abandoned station without any thing further. This infuriated him. How could his alpha just leave him here while his girlfriend was out there somewhere without anyone? He gave out another howl and fought with his chains again. Breathing heavily, he stopped pulling at them and tried to focus on calming himself. This was not helping him on this full moon at all.

“Isaac?” Erica's voiced caused him to snap his attention towards her.

He took in how calm she was and how she was human. “Hey.”

“Where is everyone?” She too could only hear their heartbeats. All three. Not five.

“Derek just left to go do whatever and Haley is apparently with Deaton.”

“The vet?” Erica turned just as confused as Isaac. She stole a glance at Boyd to find his breathing even, as he was still knocked out.

“I’m not too sure what happened. Derek didn’t tell me much but I think she got hurt,” he sighed, pulling on his chains once more.

“What?” Her breathing became shorter. She didn’t know what to do at the moment, but to tug on her chains as well.

“Hey,” he noticed her moment was causing Boyd to stir next to her and he didn’t want that to happen. Boyd was defiantly stronger than the two of them. “You need to calm down Erica.”

“You know I heard what Derek was telling you about finding an anchor,” she gave deep breath, trying her best to fight the wolf inside her. “Well I found my anchor during our fight.”

“Haley?” Isaac took a guess, with a slight smile on his face.

“Yeah,” she chuckled, nodding her head. “When she called me by her nickname for me something in me just calmed.”

“I know,” he bit his lip, thinking back when he harnessed his anchor.

“I may hate you right now for what you did to her, but I know you don’t want to hurt her,” Erica lifted her head up so she could look at him better. “I don’t want to hurt her either. But she can hold her own. I couldn’t even get a claw close to her without her dodging me so well.”

“It’s different,” he huffed, thinking about him trying to be intimate with his girlfriend and what it always leads to.

“I don’t think it is, Isaac,” she shook her head. “I know you two have made out a few times. But you have control now. I believe you two can do whatever you want now without you trying to kill her. She will heal, Isaac. Fuck, I think she heals faster than us anyways.” She gave a quiet laugh.

He dropped the conversation there. He had to think about what she said because he did have control now. Control that let him save her from her own best friend. Control that allowed him to sit here so calm and not want to go rip someone's throat out. But did he have enough control to do normal hormonal teenage things with someone he really liked. Or even enough control to tell her that he still wanted to be with her, even if it may still mean he could kill her at any given moment. Erica watched as he sat battling with himself. Not knowing what else she could say to him to help him through this situation, other than what she already had.

+++++++++++

Deaton heaved the unconscious brunette out of his car and brought her into his office. He laid her down onto the metal table in the back of the room. He still did not understand why she has not waken up yet. He knew she heals ten times faster than any other supernatural being in Beacon Hills, so why wasn’t she right now. Before he could get another thought through his mind, Haley sat bolt right, gasping for air. She looked around frantically, trying to grasp her thoughts. Her hazy vision landed on the veterinarian.

“You're okay.” His calm voice slowed her heart rate. “I’m glad to see you awake.”

“I have to go,” Haley frantically tried to move, only to be pushed back by Deaton.

“I don’t think that’s a wise decision.” He tried to stay calm as wind suddenly blew around in his office.

Deaton watched as her eyes turned from her natural brown, to her forest green. He took a step back and watched her get up from the metal slab. She wobbled a little, but quickly gained her footing and walked straight out of his building. For the first time in a while, he didn’t know quite what to do at the moment. He was torn at following her to prevent her from any other harm, but knew she felt that pull to protect her pack and nothing will stop her from doing so. Sighing, he decided to text Scott just to make sure he knew she was coming.

Haley quickly made it to the Sheriff station to find Derek's car out back. Letting her senses take over, she could hear a heartbeat she heard once before. Jackson's. And one more she heard during Isaac’s practices. Number 8; Matt Daehler. Her thoughts raced. If Matt is here, he must be the kanima's master. She never liked the guy because he always gave her the creeps. He never took his eyes off of Allison and she could hear the clicking of his camera when no one was looking. But she was. She always watched as he watched the huntress as if no one thought was paying attention to him. Then the smell of metallic hit her, almost knocking her off her feet. Silently, she made her way into the station and listened in on the conversations happening.

“Hey,” Stiles voice sounded close to where she was. “You know what’s happening to Matt?”

“I know the book's not gonna help him,” Derek's voice caught her off guard. He was in the same room as Stiles and by Stiles heart rate, they must be paralyzed. “You can't just break the rules, not like this.”

“What do you mean?” Stiles heart was in a panic, but she was avoiding Jackson who she heard nearby as well and the dead bodies around her.

“Universe balances things out,” she continued to follow their voices. “Always does.”

“Is it because he's using Jackson to kill people who don’t deserve it?” Stiles questioned.

“And killing people himself.” She could smell a mixture of Derek's blood now, so she paused.

“So if Matt breaks the rules of the kanima, he becomes the kanima?”

Haley heard the uptake in Derek's heart and she knew she was close, but Jackson hung from the ceiling above the open door she needed to get to in his kanima form. Looking around, she grabbed a paperclip that fell to the floor from the desk a few yards away. Grimacing at the blood on it, she held her breath and threw it down the hallway a little ways. This caught the kanima's attention and it moved towards it. Keeping her breath held, she quickly made her way closer to the door.

“Okay, he's gonna kill all of us when he gets that book isn't he?” Stiles sighed as Haley made her way into the room.

Trying not to laugh at both boys laying on the floor, she smiled. “Not if I have a say in it.”

“Oh, thank god!” Stiles sighed with happiness, seeing the brunette in the door way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but want to get something out for you guys. Comment and rate please!!! Christmas break is coming soon so I will be updating more often soon.