Forest Fairy

Recruiting

Isaac grinned at Haley who sat in the subway car with him. Haley laughed as they tried to test out her new ability that they discovered breaking Isaac out of jail. She tried to use her wind ability, but only once again succeeded in blowing his curls. She had heard about that gust of wind had generated from herself after listening in on Stiles and Scott at school the next day. She has been keeping Isaac company since he became a fugitive. They both have been enjoying each other's presence.

"Has Derek figured out what you are yet?" Isaac asked, following her as she grabbed her backpack off the floor.

"He's still researching," she sighed, turning to face him as she started up the stairs but stopped after taking two.

"Hopefully, he figures it out soon." He smiled up at her now that she had a slight height advantage on him. "Have you figured out who else he could have joined the pack?"

"I have someone in mind," she smirked, thinking about the person Derek should bite next.

"And you're not gonna tell me," he smiled, chuckling, knowing her answer already.

Popping her 'p' as always, she responded, "Nope."

"Are you coming back after school?"

"Let me see," she began to ascend the stairs so she wouldn't be late for school, before turning back towards the smiling Isaac. "Nope."

Haley gave the new beta a large grin, making him roll his eyes at her sarcasm. He has been truly grateful for her coming and keeping him from being bored these past few days. Haley quickly made her way to her car a couple blocks away and set off towards school. Walking into the high school, she set out for the one person she has known since she was little. She found that person in no time getting things out of a locker down the hallway. She leaned against the lockers next to the open one.

"What do you want now, Hals," Erica quirked an eyebrow at her best friend, who she has noticed to be extremely happy lately and who has changed her attire. Also, the person she hasn’t seen in quite a while.

"Why is it that you always think I want something?" Haley playfully pouted.

"For one, you are so happy right now," Erica pointed out, then took in her appearance. "Plus, since when do you wear skirts? Has your eczema cleared up with the new medicine?"

"I haven't been taking it," she shrugged her shoulders as they began to walk to their first period. "I haven't had a flare up in over a month."

"Seriously?" Erica looked at her best friend with disbelief. "I wish it was like that with my seizures."

Haley grinned at her, eyes sparkling with thoughts, "I think I might be able to help you with that, actually."

Erica looked over at her in shock, only to receive a Cheshire cat smile as they took their seats in English. Haley felt excited all day, which her best friend noticed but when it came to gym today, that excitement vanished and was replaced with fear. Fear for Erica as she observed the rock wall in front of her. Erica hated heights because she did not want to fall if by chance, she had a seizure. Haley watched her as an uneasiness ran through her veins.

"Alright!" Coach shouted to get the teens attention and gazed at the bunch to see who his first victims would be. "The first two up, Rosenburg and Greenburg."

Groaning, she trudged up to the rock wall, regretting having a name similar that slime of a guy. She also cursed Coach's hatred for the boy because he always paired the two without a thought. Always. Which made Greenburg somehow think the two were destined to be together. Strapping into the harness, she caught the boy grinning at her. Scowling at the boy, she shook her head at him.

"If you say one word or make one noise out of that disgusting mouth, I will personally shove your dick back into your body with a swift kick to it."

Her threat made the teens closest to them laugh because they would all love to see that happen to Greenburg. Not saying a word, the boy dropped his smile and turned towards the wall to begin his climb. Haley wasted no time in climbing the wall, beating Greenburg without much effort. This made Coach laugh in his face and high five her with excitement. The next pair up happened to be Allison and Scott. Haley listened into their conversation as they began their climb.

"Maybe it was like you," Allison stated, taking another peg slowly.

"It had a tail," Scott deadpanned. "I don't have a tail."

"Maybe you just haven't grown it yet," she smiled over to him.

Haley tuned them out at that point, trying to think about what they were talking about. Maybe they saw the thing that killed Isaac's dad. And it had a tail? Her thoughts were interrupted by heavy breathing and Coach's laughing. Thinking it was Greenburg again, she turned her attention to Coach, to find it not to be Greenburg, but McCall. Apparently, he fell from the top of the wall. Coach sat down on the mat next to the gasping boy.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right?" Coach laughed standing up. "Alright, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall."

Turning to her best friend, only to find a worried gaze geared towards the wall. Haley placed a comforting had on her shoulder and nodded her head to tell her everything will be alright. Muttering what sounded as, 'oh no' under her breath, Erica took hesitant steps to the wall. Haley watched and made sure her best friend stayed safe. She felt the fear coming off her as she set off to climb the wall. Stilinski made it up and down by the time Erica got halfway up. Everyone took notice in her struggled breathing and shaking limbs.

"Erica?" Haley called up to her best friend, making Coach now notice the shaking girl on the wall.

"I'm fine," she squeaked out, absolutely terrified.

Everyone began to gather at the bottom of the wall as Coach called up to the girl, "Erica? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

Lydia looked at Coach with an annoyed expression, "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

Haley glared at the strawberry blonde as she said it so simply before gazing back up at the wall, "Erica?"

Once again, she got a simple, "I'm fine."

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic," Allison's voice made Haley bite her bottom lip.

Coach threw his arms in the air with a huff, "Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff. I have to get- Erica." Coach sighed calming himself as best as he could for the teen girl's sake. "Y-you're fine. Just- just kick off from the wall. Th-there's a mat to catch you. Come on."

"Trust him, Erica,” Haley called up to her.

Erica listened to her best friend and trusted Coach. She kicked of slowly and descended to the ground. Haley finally felt as if she could breathe again.

"See, you're fine," Coach reassured the girl. He placed his hands on her shoulders and steered her out of the large group of teens with her best friend closely behind her. "You're on the ground. You're alright. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine."

"Yeah, let's laugh at the perfectly normal girl who had a moment," Haley growled sarcastically to the group of teens who found the situation funny. "Next person who laughs will find my fist to their face."

Some still laughed and Haley stepped forward to one but got pulled back by two pair of strong hands. She could smell who had a hold of her upper body before she saw stood in front of her. Once away from the group of teens, she yanked herself out of Scott's grip. She looked up at him with a glare, but she also noticed not only him standing before her, but his whole posse, minus Lydia.

"You have to calm down," Scott warned, placing his hand on her shoulder again, but she just shook it off.

"Why?" She fumed. "I hate when they laugh at her!"

"Your eyes, Haley," Stiles grew impatient with the girl in front of them, glancing between the girl and the group of teens behind them. He moved closer to her, blocking her view from everyone else, but their view of her too as they started to leave the gym.

Haley's heart picked up once she heard him say that, "What do you mean?"

"They're glowing," Allison replied, glancing at her with concern.

"Take deep breaths, Haley," Scoot instructed, noticing she may not know how to calm herself down yet.

Listening the werewolf before her, she started to count and took deep breaths as she closed her eyes. Feeling her heartbeat calmer, she opened her eyes, "Are they good now?"

"What are you?" Stiles disregarded her question, throwing out his own.

She took that as a yes and glanced at the spastic boy, with a serious face before responding, "A spider monkey."

Stiles' eyes widen, "Really?"

Haley glared at him, "No, you, dumbass. And to be honest, it's none of your concern."

They watched her walk away and out the same door Erica had gone through moments earlier, not knowing what to say about what just happened. Haley made her way to the girl's locker room, but she paused as she heard Stiles' voice.

"She doesn't know what she is."

Scott was quick to reply, "How do you know?"

"She avoided the question."

"Or," Allison started. "She doesn't trust us. She is with Derek."

Shaking her head, she made her way into the locker room, only to find it empty. She tried to listen for her best friend, but she found it hard to concentrate once the rest of the girls came in loudly. Sighing, she made her way to her locker to start changing. She did so as fast as she could because she knew she had to find Erica and soon. She had a feeling something bad would happen and something did. She heard it before she felt it. Running to the sound of her best friend climbing the wall, she could not help, but stopped in the gym doorway. She couldn't move as she saw her best friend start seizing on the wall. She watched as Scott ran in and caught her before she fell to the ground. Gaining control of her legs again, she ran towards the two as did a few others.

"Put her on her side," Haley heard Allison instruct Scott, making her grateful for her right now because she could not find her voice to tell him herself.

Haley stayed with Erica until the ambulance came to retrieve her. As soon as the ambulance left, she took out her phone and dialed the one person she needed to talk to at that moment. Scrolling, she landed on the contact labeled, 'Big Bad Wolf'. It rang about three times before the gruff voice greeted her.

"I need you to do something for me," Haley began and walked to her car to head to the subway station.

"I'm already here," Derek sighed hearing the worry in her voice. "I will call you when it's done."

"Thank you," she whispered, sliding into her car as she hung up her phone.

Derek walked into the hospital and used his senses to find the teen girl he needed to find. Finally catching her scent, he made his way toward her room. He stopped around the corner when heard her talking to none other than Scott's mom. Once he saw Ms. McCall leave the room, he made his way inside. Pulling the blonde girl's bed out of the room, he began pushing her down the hallway to another empty room. Derek notice her moving and she tried to look up at him.

"Lie still," he pushed her head, so she wasn't trying to look at him. He rolled her into the empty room and made his way around the bed to her side as he began to read off her medicine bottle. "Side effects may include anxiety, waking, acne, ulcerative colitis. Yeesh."

Erica looked at the mysterious young man before her as she sat up, "Who are you?"

Derek grinned at her and chuckled slightly, "Let's just say we have a… mutual friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haley sighed as she sat down on one of the subway benches. Isaac watched as she had a distant look on her face while taking her Taco Bell food out of her bag. He took the soft taco out of her stretched out hand, but not before taking a hold of her hand with his other hand. This action caused Haley to pause her movements and turned her focus on the boy across from her. She took in his dark blue jeans, his tight long-sleeved shirt, and worried blue eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really," she kept her eyes down to her hand which was still in his.

Noticing her gaze, he slightly began to play with her fingers, "What happened at school today? I can smell the anxiety coming off of you."

Smiling a small smile at the movement of his fingers across hers, she sighed, "It was rock climbing day in gym today and Erica had a mild freak out. People started laughing at her after she came down from the wall. I had a little rage moment and started telling them off when Scott grabbed me."

"Did he hurt you?" Isaac growled, glancing at her eyes.

"No, but he saved me," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"What?" He was now confused.

"My eyes glowed, Isaac," she stared up at him, still not believing it.

His eyes widen and he smiled, "Really?"

Haley nodded and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and concentrated on changing her eyes. She thought about increasing her heartbeat, but it did not take her long when she thought about Isaac's fingers connecting with her own at that moment. She thought about her feelings for the boy in front of her. Nibbling on her bottom lip, she smiled a little before thinking about a few other things she wished to do with the boy. Isaac watched her as she closed her eyes for a moment, taking in her shallowed breathing and increased heartbeat. He took in her features he has grown to like. Her button nose, to her perfectly shaped eyebrows and to her plump pink lips. His heart picked up when he saw her nibble on her bottom lip. He gasped when she opened her eyes. Staring back at him were not her brown orbs, but a deep forest green.