‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Jade

A week had gone since Olivia left Huntington again, and Jade was back at work, combining her stressful shifts with Michelle’s hectic wedding plans. Now the two women were gathered in Michelle’s balcony, mojitos resting on top of their table, next to Brian’s ashtray.

The brunette was dressed in a sequin bow A-line dress and a pair of patent calfskin sandals that had were currently placed on the stone floor.

“Have you guys found a date yet?” Jade asked, sucking up the sunlight that beamed over their heads.

“We were thinking about getting married in May,” Michelle announced, her fingers hooked around her drink.

Jade nodded slowly, furrowing her eyebrows before she suddenly looked at the brunette. “Mich, that’s in four months?” Jade cocked her eyebrows.

“I know!” Michelle beamed. “That’s why I need your full attention!” she continued. “We wanna get married before he goes out touring again. They’ll start touring again in August,"

“Wow, that’s very ambitious,” Jade told her friend. “I bet you’ve already planned the honeymoon?”

“Who would I be if I didn’t?” Michelle giggled.

“True,” Jade chuckled. “But have you found a dress yet?”

“Oh, sweetie, I’ve found ten dresses,” the other brunette announced, finding her notebook, ready to show her the pictures.

“You do realize you only get to choose one, right?” Jade asked her friend after she’d seen the pictures.

“Well, I’ve been thinking,” Michelle started, pursing her lips. “I wanna have one for the ceremony and another one for the after party,”

“It’ll cost you a fortune, Michy,” her friend pointed out.

“I know, but it’ll be worth it! I’ll only marry him one time,” Michelle defended.

“Okay, you do you,” Jade shrugged. “What am I gonna wear?” she questioned, curious about what Michelle had in mind.

“You know what? I’ll let you decide that! You have an amazing taste, so I’m sure you’ll find something smashing for the big day!” her friend smiled brightly.

“Seriously?” Jade looked surprised.

“Of course I am, sweetheart!” Michelle announced. “You have to look stunning on my wedding day, and I’m sure you won’t need my help,”

“You’re too sweet, baby,” the brunette told her friend.

“Come on, I wanna grab some food!” Michelle said, getting up from her seat and paddling into the living room.

“Where’s Brian?” Jade asked, chasing the brunette into the kitchen.

“He’s out with the guys. I think Will’s joining them?” the brunette said, opening the fridge and scrolling her eyes over it.

“He didn’t told me,” the other brunette responded.

“I bet that’s because you haven’t been home yet,” Michelle assured her, wrapping her arms around her shoulders, holding her close. “You work so much, Jade,”

“I know,” Jade sighed. “It’s exhausting,”

“You gotta take care of yourself, sweet,” Michelle muffled burying her lips in the brunette’s hair.

“Thanks, Michy,” Jade smiled.

“For what?” she chuckled.

“Taking care of me,” Jade muffled.

***

“Well fuck! You’re really good at this!” Matt mouthed out loud, watching as Will put his cue stick down, a slick smile hanging over his lips.

“You should invite Jade to play one time. She’s brilliant,” the British brunette said, while picking up his scotch.

“Perez can play pool?” Johnny nearly choked on his drink, the bassist looking over at the man, who only chuckled back.

“She’s even better than I am!” Will assured him. “My father loves to play pool, and they play it all the time when we're in England!" he told them.

“What the fuck? I didn’t know she could play!” Matt announced.

“That girl is really full of surprises,” Jimmy mumbled, before he tilted his head back and took another shot. “Or what, Syn?” he nudged his friend playfully who had been rather quiet during the game.

“She is indeed,” Brian agreed, sipping from his beer.

Will eyed at the man from the corner of his eyes. Jade’s story about Brian was still fresh in his memory, and he had been thinking about it a lot lately. Will loved Jade. She was the greatest thing in his life, and he’d do anything in order to keep her safe and happy. The idea of someone – someone she loved, hurting her, was just too much for him.

He knew a lot of things had happened between the two of them, but the picture of a faithful and hopeful Jade getting her heart broken by a man who couldn’t keep it in his pants ticked him off.

“Are you celebrating your victory already?” Johnny told the man, snapping William out of his thoughts.

“Excuse me,” he said. “I’m gonna go and order something to drink,” Will announced, leaving his cue stick on top of the desk, before he walked towards the bar.

He was unable to place her in the back of her head, as he ordered a Jack and coke, drumming his fingertips against the counter, his other hand resting inside the pocket of his expensive trousers.

“A long day at the office?” someone said, as Will glanced over at Brian, who was getting himself another beer.

“Something like that,” the British man replied.

“Jade’s been bragging a lot about you,” the guitarist muffled, watching as the bartender pulled a new glass under the tap, filling it with dark beer.

“Really?” Will looked up, this time meeting the man’s whiskey brown eyes.

“Oh yes, all the time,” Brian chuckled. “She’s really proud of you. She’s a great woman,”

“The best one, actually,” Will added, sounding harsher than what he intended to.

Brian shut his mouth and pressed his thin lips together. Will looked somewhat distant as he grabbed his drink and joined the guys again. Brian was confused as he grabbed his beer and took a swig from it, savouring the taste.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Brian couldn’t quite wrap his head around it. He tried really hard to get along with him, knowing that all of his friends really liked the guy. Will was a great person – he was funny as hell and able to laugh at their jokes. He went perfectly well in their group, but there was still something about him that Brian couldn’t put his finger on.

Is he jealous of my earlier relationship with Jade?

Their relationship hadn’t been as serious as the one Jade and Will had. It made no sense to him that Will would be jealous of a teenage relationship that ended a long time ago. Jade wasn’t in love with Brian, and he certainly wasn’t in love with her either.

“Fuck you!” Jimmy screeched. “You motherfucker!” the drummer yelled at the British man.

“I’m sorry, Jimmy!” William announced, smiling mischievously.

“God damned it!” Johnny spoke, realizing that he’d lost too.

“Is Jade really better than you?” Matt asked, his beer in his hand.

“Oh, yes. She beats my arse every time,” Will shook his head. “It’s so annoying,”

“Damned, I have to play against her once,” the singer muttered.

“I assume you guys didn’t play pool with her in high school?” William chuckled, driving his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

“Nope!” Johnny announced, popping the ‘p’.

“Or can you recall some sick pool tricks, Syn?” Jimmy wiggled his eyebrows, nudging his friend.

“I bet he can recall other tricks,” the short bassist grinned, meanwhile Brian looked over at William, noticing how he was clearing his throat, looking disgusted.

“No, I don’t remember her playing pool,” Brian confirmed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Oh, it looks like there's a little bit of tension between Brian and Will. How will that be later on? Leave comments and find out!

I also just wanna say that I started writing a new story (because I apparently can't stop doing this...), which yall can find here Too Scared to Love Again! Check it out! My main focus will be this fanfic here, but I also wanna see how people react to the new one, so see if you like what I have going on there!

3 comments = next chapter!