‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Cool down a little

Jade parked her car in the driveway, her sunglasses covering her dark eyes, meanwhile she grabbed her purse from the passenger seat. She was finally done with her shift, having worked the entire morning, as she unbuckled her seatbelt and listened to the sound of her patent pumps drumming against the ground.

The sound of familiar voices soon reached the brunette’s ears, as she spotted her best friend on top of her marvel kitchen counter, along with Lea who was currently digging into a piece of chocolate cake.

“Jade!” Valary announced, cracking a beer with her teeth. “You’re finally home!”

“Yes, and so are you, apparently.” Jade took off her sunglasses, still confused.

“We’ve decided that you need a day off.” Lea announced, her mouth stuffed with food, making her look like the female version of Jimmy.

“You guys say that a lot.” Jade chuckled, placing her leather purse on top of the counter along with her sunglasses.

“But this time we mean it!” Michelle beamed. “We’re gonna have a girl’s night, and you’re coming with us!” she pointed her finger at the brunette.

“Look, that sounds so great, but I have work tomorrow.” she sighed.

“No, you don’t. We called in.” Val sniggered.

“You did what?” Jade raised her voice.

“Molly was happy to take your shift,” Michelle explained. “So we’re kidnapping you for real.”

“You guys are crazy!” the brunette chuckled.

“Sweetie, tell me about it.” Val giggled, taking a swig from her beer.

“Will makes really great food!” Lea announced, cutting herself another slice of cake.

“I know! He’s amazing.” Jade said rather dreamily.

“Ew, don’t go there.” the other brunette snorted.

“Anyway, Gena and Lacey are gonna join us here tonight.” Val said.

“Okay. Let me just text Will and tell him.” Jade was just about to search for her phone as the twins exchanged a look, both of them shaking their heads.

“Do you ever learn? We’ve already fixed that.” Michelle spoke.

“You guys are too good.” Jade chuckled.

The brunette soon kicked off her heels, enjoying the cool sensation from the wooden floor underneath her feet, meanwhile she watched as Val and Lea started to cook a nice meal for the ladies. Val had already commanded Jade to do nothing but have a drink, and so she did. She was placed on the bar stool in the kitchen, her slim Iphone in front of her and a nice cocktail that Michelle had prepared.

“How did you get him out of the house?” the brunette asked, her red lips embracing the straw.

“I told Matt to arrange a night at our house,” Val shrugged. “Wasn’t that hard.”

“Of course it wasn’t.” Jade chuckled, sipping from her beverage.

The smell of meat lingered under Jade’s nose, meanwhile she started unbuttoning the highest buttons on her satin shirt, exposing the golden necklace around her neck. Her manicured nails went back to her drink, cooling herself off, just as Lacey and Gena came paddling into her kitchen.

“Look who’s back, bitches!” the blonde newly married woman announced loud and clear.

“Gena!” Michelle jumped off the counter and ran into her friend’s embrace. “Gosh, I’ve missed you!” she squealed.

“And I’ve missed you!” Gena chuckled, almost tackled by Lea.

“How was the honeymoon, girl?” Val had her hands resting on each side of her hips, a massive grin covering her lips.

“Oh, girls! I have so much to tell you!” Gena let out, watching as Michelle started plating the table in Jade’s dining room.

“I’ll grab some wine! Don’t start the storytelling before I’m back!” the brunette told her guests, as she paddled into her living room, stopping in front of the wine closet she shared with Will.

Jade soon returned to the dining room where she spotted all of her friends, everyone settled around the table. The brunette placed a dizy champagne on top of the dinner table, along with a Les Champlots, one of her favourite white wines.

“Let’s dig into it!” Lea exclaimed happily, watching as the host popped the champagne and started filling everyone’s glasses.

“God, this is amazing!” Lacey moaned out loud, her mouth loaded with steak and sauce.

“Who did this? The meat is cooked beautifully!” Jade agreed, her fork stabbed into a slice of meat.

“That would be Lea.” Valary snickered, nudging the brunette who was sitting next to her.

“Really? How come you never cook for me?” Jade pouted her lips.

“I’m sorry, sweet! Jimmy always convinces me to mainly cook for him because he loves my food so much!” Lea explained. “We make a lot of great food together.” she added.

“I can imagine. Can Jimmy cook delicious meat like this?” Michelle asked, her fingers grasping her wine glass.

“He’s not bad! He just gets really excited and sometimes forgets to check upon it.” Lea chuckled at the thought of her love.

“He’s adorable.” Jade giggled, taking a sip from her drink.

“Okay, Gena. I wanna know everything about your honeymoon!” Michelle announced.

“I can assure you that you don’t wanna know everything, babe.” Gena winked playfully at her friend, who soon snorted out loud.

“And you're calling me a sex-addict?” Michelle screeched out loud, her high-pitched voice filling the wide room.

“We’re married now!” Gena argued.

“You know I’ll always support your sex-life, honey!” the brunette announced.

“We all support your sex life, Gena,” Val corrected her twin sister. “But seriously, spill some tea, girl!” the blonde said.

“Let’s go into the living room first! I’m so stuffed I can barely sit!” Lacey said, her hand patting her stomach.

The ladies had soon cleaned off the table and paddled into Jade’s living room. They were all making themselves comfortable in her couch, booze filling the little coffee table, meanwhile they listened to Gena’s tales, almost like they were sitting around a bonfire and listening to fairytales.

“You guys broke the bed?” Lea’s eyes widened as she all but hovered with laughter.

“How kinky are you?” Val let out loudly.

“That is insane!” Michelle announced.

“You should’ve seen how the woman in the reception reacted! I’ve never received a more skeptical look in my entire life!” Gena told them.

“Gosh, this is too good!” Lacey shook her head.

Gena kept filling her friends in on how her honeymoon had gone, not holding back on the details of how much fun she’d had with Zack in their hotel room. The blonde woman exposed her entire honeymoon to her friends, and they appreciated almost every detail she gave them, laughter and joy filling the beach house.

“I feel like Brian and I have a lot to live up to.” Michelle giggled, somewhat tipsy after all the wine she had had, as Jade had even popped more bottles after their delicious dinner.

“God, no! Please!” Jade said, as she had seen Michelle and Brian when they were drooling over one another a little too much in her life.

“Oh, please, Perez! You and Brian were so gross in high school!” Val snorted out loud.

“Val, you haven’t been awaken by their dirty talk!” Jade lifted a finger at the blonde.

“And thank God for that!” Val responded.

The conversation was soon cut off as the lights in the living room disappeared, leaving the women in utter darkness.

“What the hell?” Lacey said, turning on the lights on her phone, glancing over at her friends.

“What happened?” Val asked, looking over at Jade.

“I have no idea? This has never happened before,” Jade uttered, before she got up to her feet. “I think I have a lighter in the kitchen. Hang in there!” she told her friends, as she got up and walked towards the kitchen.

The other women were soon greeted by the sound of Jade’s screaming, as the brunette had yelled the words “Bloody murder!” with so much force that panic hit all of her friends.

“Oh my God!” Lea let out shockingly.

“I don’t wanna get killed right before my wedding! I’ve already ordered the dress!” Michelle squealed, following her friends into the kitchen.

“Jade!” Gena called out anxiously, just as they found a wine glass shattered unto the wooden floor, followed by the sight of Jade, who was panting with her hand against her chest.

“You fucking jerk!” Jade yelled out loud, her hands soon hitting Johnny’s chest, as the rest of their men were still laughing hysterically at her direction.

“Jeez, Jade can curse?” Zack hovered with laughter, avoiding the death glare she was sending him.

“Good God, you scared me!” she barged angrily at them.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Val asked them, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at them.

“We missed you.” her husband huffed, stepping closer to his wife who refused to be driven into his embrace.

“Oh, eat shit, Sander!” Val responded. “You guys knew we were having a girl’s night!”

“Yeah! That means no guys allowed! Zack, you can’t miss your wife already. You’ve had her so many times over the past days.” Lacey told the guitarist.

“Oh, you’d be surprised at how much I can crave my wife!” the raven-haired man said.

“Please!” Michelle moaned out loud. “We’ve already heard about it, Baker.”

“I’m sorry we scared you, love,” Will chuckled, walking over to the brunette. “Could you please forgive me?” he lowered his voice.

“I’ll have to think about it.” she pressed her lips together, avoiding his gaze, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Oh, I’m sure you can find a suitable punishment.” he whispered.

“You can sleep on the couch tonight, babe.” she said, loud enough for the rest of them to hear.

Laughter echoed through the kitchen, meanwhile Will chuckled lightly himself.

“I love it when you talk dirty.” he groaned at her.

“And I love to see you clean up your mess, so clean it up,” Jade announced, a mischievous smile cupping her lips. “Seriously I mean it.” she said, looking down at the shattered glass on the floor.

After Jade had managed to recover after the shock, everyone had gathered outside in the backyard, enjoying the cool California air that relaxed their skin. Empty cans of beer filled most of the table, as Jimmy and Matt had loaded Jade’s fridge with more booze, probably enough for three months.

“So, your night was so lame that you had to interrupt ours?” Michelle asked her boyfriend, as she had prepped her bare feet in his lap, cocking her eyebrows at him.

“What can I say? You women are a gift to our lives.” he mused, running his bare fingers up her leg, sending shivers down her spine.

“I don’t know if my heart will ever survive a shock like that again.” Jade confessed, taking a sip from her cider.

“Oh, come on, Perez! It wasn’t that bad!” Johnny argued.

“Not that bad? I work in the emergency room, Short Shit! I see a lot of traumatizing things, and this was by far the worst shock I've ever had!" Jade snapped at him.

“I’m so sorry, dear.” Will apologized for the fourth time, his arm draped around her slim waist.

“How can you turn down the man when he’s looking at you with those fucking puppy eyes?” Matt asked, genuinely surprised that she still held unto her façade.

“I’m cold and heartless, Sanders.” Jade admitted to him, a slick smirk curving her lips.

“The only reasonable explanation.” Zack nodded his head.

“You could need to cool down a little, Perez.” Jimmy announced, as Lea’s head was resting on top of his shoulder.

“After the semi heart-attack I had? Yes.” Jade agreed, watching as the drummer grinned and got up to his feet.

“Okay, let’s do it!” Jimmy threw his hands up in the air, soon stepping closer to the brunette as he all but threw her over his shoulders, thankful that she was wearing a pencil skirt that didn’t slid up easily, before he ran towards the pool in front of the house.

Jade all but screamed his name out loud, the guys learning all the curses in Jade’s vocabulary, meanwhile the watched as the drummer and the brunette jumped into pool, water splashing everywhere.

"JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN!"

Laughter filled the backyard. Will looked almost petrified, as he saw his girlfriend appear unto the surface, her entire hair soaked, as well as her clothes. She glared at the drummer, splashing water at him, meanwhile she swam towards the edge of the pool.

“God, I could kill you!” she told him, pulling her body out of the pull and feeling how her clothes gripped her body tightly, her dark bralette showing through the soaked fabric of her satin shirt.

“I love you, sweet!” Jimmy grinned, not wanting to leave the water just yet.

“You are crazy, babe!” Lea told him. “I wanna join!” she announced, meanwhile she pulled off her shoes and emptied her pockets, soon ready to join her boyfriend in the pool.

“Have fun!” Jade told her, watching as Lea jumped into the cool water. “I’m gonna go and change.” she told Will, who was still speechless after what he had just witnessed.

Brian could barely prevent his laughter at the sight of a furious Jade who stormed into the house again. Down in the pool were Jimmy and Lea, who were both chasing one another, looking like a couple that was falling in love all over again.

Michelle had placed her head in his lap, enjoying the fact that so many people had left the couch, which gave her more space to stretch her legs out.

“Jimmy’s insane.” she chuckled, her beer still resting in her hand.

“Tell me about it, babe,” Brian laughed, digging his slender fingers through her wavy hair. “Look, I’m just gonna go the toilet.” he said to his girlfriend, leaving a firm kiss on her forehead, leaving her wanting for more as he got up and walked towards the living room again.

Brian could merely remember where the bathroom was, as he had only been in the house a few times before. The guitarist decided to take a wild guess, and started by walking up the stairs, guiding himself to the second floor, meanwhile his whiskey brown eyes searched for a toilet.

As he paddled down the hall, his eyes came across a door that was half-open, triggering his curiosity. He stepped closer, his eyes soon looking into Jade’s bedroom, where she was, her body stripped out of the wet clothes.

God damned.

She was left in a black lace thong and a matching bralette that suited her body figure. A lot of things had changed since high school, and her body was definitely one of them. Her figure wasn’t as slim as before. Her curves were somewhat bigger now, and her breasts had grown since last time he’d seen them so exposed. Her skin was just as sun-kissed as ever, and her figure was even more breathtaking now than before.

She looked beautiful.

“Brian!” she jumped, as she’d seen his silhouette.

The brunette instantly grabbed her robe, covering her body, meanwhile some dry articles were left on top of her bed.

“I’m sorry!” the guitarist cleared his throat, just as embarrassed as she was.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

“I was just looking for the toilet!” he said. “I thought I could ask you since you probably know where it is, and that’s why I walked down the hall.” Brian added, realizing that he was starting to ramble.

Jade chuckled lightly at him, her cheeks still bright with embarrassment. “You’re walking in the wrong direction,” she told him. “It’s next to Will’s office.” she announced, pointing her finger down the other hall.

“Oh,” Brian mouthed. “Thanks.” he pulled his lips into a small smile, watching as Jade shut the door to her bedroom, wondering if that was a hint she’d dropped in front of him.

Jade’s cheeks were still flushing as she changed into some dry clothes and washed off the makeup that had been ruined by the water.

Why was Brian looking at me like that?

His whiskey brown eyes had been studying her through the tiny gap of her door, and she had no idea how to wrap her head around this. She and Brian were just friends, both of them happy in each of their relationships.

Jade shook her head, convincing herself that she was just being dramatic, as she shoved the thought into the back of her head, not allowing herself to think about it again. She opened the door and paddled back to her friends, soon noticing that Brian had settled himself next to Michelle again.

“Jade without heels?” Lacey played teasingly, as she had barely seen the brunette in flats before.

“Very funny.” Jade dropped dryly.

“You look like high-school Jade again!” Val announced with her drink in her hand.

It was true.

Jade was dressed in a floral printed denim skirt and a black silk-satin top with a low v-neck. The top was held up by thin straps and exposed her bare back. On her feet was a pair of Gucci loafers, and her bare face made her look like the girl they had all met back in high school.

Brian tried to tear his gaze off of her. She looked so stunning with her face stripped off the little makeup she usually wore, and she still looked ridiculously good, despite her soaked bangs and simple outfit. It reminded him of high school – the gold old days.

“I wanna sue you, Jimmy!” Jade told the drummer, as he still hadn’t left the pool.

Jimmy only winked playfully at her, splashing in the pool with Lea close to his body.

“You needed to chill out a little!” the blue-eyed man said.

The evening went on, as the group of friends emptied more cans and bottles. Jade was thankful that her friends had gotten her a day off, as she was so tipsy by now that she was dozing off occasionally in Will’s lap.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna go to bed, baby?” Will asked, his hand playing with her wet locks.

“I can’t just ditch my guests.” Jade muffled against his chest, loving the sensation of his fingers that ran down her bare back.

“I can kick them out.” Will smirked, his lips against her cheek.

“Baby.” Jade chuckled, shuffling her body closer into his embrace.

Will fished for his phone, sending a quick message before he slipped it into his trousers again, returning his attention on his girlfriend, who was resting her head on his chest, trying to stay awake.

Soon Matt got to his feet, glancing over at the other guys. “Yall. Jade’s obviously exhausted. I think we’ve tortured her enough.” the singer announced.

Val agreed, as she and Gena got up from their seats, looking at how their friend was almost asleep on top of her boyfriend.

“Poor baby.” Lea mouthed, wrapping her body into a towel and watching as her boyfriend copied her movements.

“Get her in bed.” Michelle told William, meanwhile Brian started collecting empty beer cans.

“Will do,” he assured her. “Sweet, come on.” he nudged the brunette a little, as she opened her eyes and glanced over at her friends.

“Are you leaving?” she muffled.

“Yup. It’s late and you’re obviously tired.” Johnny said, Lacey close to his side.

“Good night, sweet.” Zack saluted, earning himself a weak smile from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's first outfit
Jade's second outfit

Hahaha, I would probably murder someone if they scared me like that! Aw, is Brian starting to think about Jade like he did back in high school? How is this gonna turn out? Comment and find out! The next chapter is already waiting for yall!

3 comments = next chapter!