‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Goodbye America

Jade watched as the taxi driver took William’s trunks, her fingers gripping her burgundy leather bag that matched her heels. Her boyfriend soon glanced over at her, stepping closer to his girlfriend and placing his index finger under her chin, tilting her head and making her look at him.

“I’ll be back before you know it, sweet.” he promised, running his thumb over the apple of her cheek.

“I know you will.” Jade voiced back, pulling her lips into a sincere smile.

She had never been away from him over a long period of time since they started dating. When she went back to Yale, he’d always been around on campus. The only times he would travel without her was when he was leaving in order to celebrate Christmas, and that didn’t last as long as this seemed to last.

“I’m gonna miss you.” she told him, feeling his hands that gripped the fabric of her grey skirt.

“I’ll miss you too, Jade,” William smiled. “I love you very much.” he announced, pecking her lips gently.

“I’m so sorry I can’t join you.” Jade muffled.

William had received the news that his older sister Emma was about to have her first child. His parents had insisted on having their son by his sister’s side, meaning he would have to leave for about three weeks. Jade had tried to convince him that she would be able to travel, but her work and the upcoming wedding made it impossible to travel to Europe.

“Emma knows that, and she understands that as well,” he told her. “Don’t be so hard on yourself, sweetheart. I’ll call you every day, I promise.” William said, bringing his lips against hers again.

Jade nodded slowly. “Come here,” she whimpered, pulling him into her chest and resting her chin on top of his shoulder. “God, this is hard.” she whined.

“I know, Jade,” he voiced into her ear. “But it’ll be okay. I love you very much. Tell Michelle and Brian that I’m sorry that I can’t make it.” Will added.

“I will,” she assured him, stepping back and looking at him. “You should go.” Jade muffled, as she saw that the driver was waiting for William to climb into the passenger seat.

“I’ll see you in a bit, love.” he smiled, pushing a stray of hair away from her forehead before he kissed her lips again.

“I love you, Will.” Jade uttered, and then watched as he placed a soft kiss unto her forehead and walked over to the car.

Jade turned on her heels and went back inside the house. It all felt so ridiculously big now when she was alone. A sigh fell from her lips. She knew he had to go, and she could never prevent him from leaving when his sister was about to give birth. She just felt so terribly lonely without him. William had become such a vital part of her life, and realizing that she was going to go through the entire wedding preparations without him by her side was a dreadful thing to face.

The brunette applied a layer of dark red lipstick unto her lips and then tied her hair into a tight ponytail. She grabbed her keys from on top of the counter and got into her grey coat, realizing that it would be cold with the heavy air conditioning at work. Jade picked up her sunglasses on her way out and locked the house before she climbed into her car.

She listened as life was blown into the engineer, before she turned on the radio, humming along to the song she’d heard a lot lately, meanwhile she made her way out of the neighbourhood and sped along the way.

***

“I have filled out a form for the psychiatric ward, which are the ones who will treat your son.” Jade told a couple of worried parents.

“And the pills?” the mother, an anxious woman with wrinkles on her forehead and tight blonde curls that had been tied into a bun, announced.

“I’ve deleted the prescription. I also wrote that it’s necessary to perform a re-evaluation of your son’s condition, as his reaction to Ritalin isn’t normal for someone with ADHD.” Jade explained.

“Thank you so much,” the father said, shaking the brunette’s hand, his entire hand shaking.

“I hope your son gets the help he deserves. This is not your fault, and you did the right thing by bringing him here,” the doctor told the parents. “Good luck, Mr and Mrs Cruz.” Jade smiled at them, before she took off down the hall.

The brunette was thankful that she was able to work during the day now, because then she could drive straight to Michelle after her shift, which also meant that she wouldn’t be grieving over the fact that Will was on a plane back to Europe.

“Perez!” Claire called after her, the sound of her heels hitting the floor rapidly as the dark-haired woman tried to catch up with her friend. “I haven’t seen you all morning!” she announced.

“I know, it’s been hectic! I had to say goodbye to Will before I drove to work.” Jade told her friend.

“Ah, he went to be with his sister, right?” Claire asked.

“Yeah. God, I miss him already.” Jade shook her head, chuckling a little at herself.

“Oh, sweetie.” her friend pulled her into her embrace, the smell from her shampoo lingering into Jade’s nose, meanwhile Claire gave her a soft squeeze.

“Let’s grab some lunch, okay?” she voiced softly, as Jade nodded.

“Sounds like a brilliant idea.”

The two doctors made their way into the cafeteria and settled down at a quiet table with their lunches. Jade circled her fingers around her cup of reeking coffee, shutting her eyes and feeling how tired she really was. She’d been up all night with Will, the two of them unable to keep their hands off each other, which was documented well with his love marks on her inner thighs.

“You okay?” the dark-haired woman asked, as she had noticed how Jade had sort of disappeared into her own thoughts.

“Yeah, I’m just tired,” Jade shrugged. “It’s been rather quiet so far.” she stated.

“Yeah, I agree. It’s actually a little freaky,” Claire chuckled. “I’m so used to the stress now.”

“Same! I’ve never had a quiet shift before.” the brunette admitted.

Jade’s phone started buzzing, as she looked over at it, seeing Michelle’s name on top of the screen.

“I’m gonna go the toilet,” Claire announced, getting up on her feet and taking off, giving Jade the opportunity to answer her friend.

“Hi, Chelle.” Jade spoke.

“Jade!” Michelle let out. “I’ve found the dress! And by that I mean that this really is the one!”

“You’ve said that like ten times, sweet.” Jade reminded her, as her words were followed by a chuckle.

“I know, but this time it’s different!”

“How come?” Jade cocked her eyebrows.

“You’ll have to wait and see! I’m by the way gonna work every day next week, so I’m not sure when we’ll be able to go shopping.” Michelle announced, twirling a light brown lock around her finger.

Last summer Michelle had gotten a job as a nail technician, a job she enjoyed a lot, but merely spoke of. The blonde had admitted at some point that she was a little embarrassed that this was what she did for a living, considering her best friend had gone to an ivy league school and Brian had went to college as well. Both Brian and Jade had told her not to worry, and the brunette could never repeat that enough to her best friend.

“Okay, but we’ll make it work, honey.” Jade assured her.

“Thank you so much for helping me out with this.” Michelle sighed.

“Of course. You’re my best friend, Michy.” Jade reminded her.

“God, I love you, you beautiful woman!”

“I love you too, honey. But look, I gotta go now, my break is over.” Jade said to Michelle.

“Okay. Have a nice shift and text me when you leave!” the other brunette insisted.

“Will do!” Jade confirmed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

This is kinda just a little filler, but I can assure you that the next chapter will be very interesting! Will's gone for a couple of days, and how's that gonna effect Jade? I have a VERY interesting chapter coming up now after this one. Comment, subscribe and recommend in order to find out!

3 comments = next chapter!