‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

A true gentleman

A week had gone by since William had left for Europe. The brunette would send Jade pictures all the time of Emma, and they were facetiming at least two times a day. Jade would wake up to his good morning-messages every day and fall asleep after receiving his good night-messages.

Today she was celebrating the fact that she had a day off tomorrow by joining her friends at a bar Jimmy had been pleading her to come to.

The loud music greeted her, meanwhile she put her ID back into her velvet clutch bag. The sound of her own heels drowned in the loud music, as the brunette started to look for her friends, noticing the top of Johnny’s hair.

“There she is!” an already tipsy Val announced, her hands gripping the end of the table, as she spotted her friend. “Jade! You look fabulous!” she half-slurred.

“Honey,” Jade chuckled to herself, as it was so clear that Val had already started the night, three empty glasses of beer resting in front of her on the table.

“Well, hello,” Leana sniggered, circling her arm around Jade’s waist and pulling her closer. The woman had recently returned from the bathroom, her boyfriend following closely.

“You look stunning!” Jade told her friend, squeezing her shoulders, before the two of them found the empty spots in the booth.

“So, what are we drinking tonight?” Matt sniggered, his elbows resting on top of the table and his fingers hooked around a cold beer.

“I was actually thinking about some tequila,” Jade admitted, her eyes already on the menu in front of her.

“Tequila? Shit, you really are Mexican,” Zack chuckled.

“You better get drunk tonight, Perez!” Val half-shrieked, waving her index finger at the brunette. “I will not let you leave this bar sober!”

“That’s a deal!” Jade confirmed.

“Is it lonely to be left alone?” Matt asked.

“A little! I love being hungover with Will. He makes the best grilled chicken every time I wake up with a hungover! That man’s a gift to this world!” the brunette told her friend.

“Enough talk! Jade, get your ass over to the bar!” Jimmy hissed, as he had already drowned his shot of tequila and was now waiting for his friend to get on his level.

“Ey! I’m going there now!” Jade responded, gripping her clutch bag from the table and making her way out of the booth.

The brunette walked over to the bar, noticing that it was already occupied by a fair amount of people who were ready to buy their drinks. Her eyes soon fell upon a man she had seen a little too many times in her life. Jade looked over at Brian, who was dressed in a white V-neck and a pair of dark jeans.

Brian soon noticed Jade as well, as his dark eyes looked over at the brunette. She was dressed in a red wool and silk dress that reached her upper thighs along with a pair of black velvet boots that went over her knees. His eyes then travelled up to her face and her hair that had been tied into her signature ponytail. Her lips were glossy and her cheekbones bronzed up, making her entire face glowing.

“Are you gonna give me a hug or just stand there looking like a mute statue?” Jade sniggered, snapping him out of his fascination as Brian looked up at her.

Brian smirked at her, as he soon pulled her in for a hug and allowed his face to rest against her shoulder, meanwhile she tugged her arms around his neck for a brief moment.

“Where’s Michelle?” Jade asked, realizing that she hadn’t seen her best friend the entire evening, which surprised her, considering Michelle wasn’t the one to skip a good party.

“She’s been working all day and she got work tomorrow as well, so she wanted to stay home.” Brian told her, his elbow resting on top of the counter.

“Poor baby, she’s been so stressed with the wedding coming up,” Jade muffled. “I’m really looking forward to it. You guys make a great couple.” she added.

“She’s been lashing out on me the entire week about the wedding! It’s hectic as hell,” he sighed. “But thanks, Jade. I know that it means so much to Michelle.” he smiled at her.

“Now, do you wanna buy me some tequila or do I have to do it all by myself?” Jade said teasingly, as Brian sniggered at her.

“Coming right up.” he announced, chuckling as he fished for his card.

Jade soon slammed her empty shot glass against the table, chills running through her body before she grabbed the slice of lemon that had been attached to her glass and dug her teeth into it.

“Now you’ve finally picked up your pace!” Jimmy grinned, wrapping his long arm around her shoulders and giving the brunette a soft squeeze.

“I have a beer coming up, right?” she asked, looking over at Val who had recently ordered more drinks on Jade’s card.

“Oh, honey! We have lots of beers coming up!” Val announced happily, just as a waitress started to search for their booth.

“Oh my God! This is like the best song!” Leana half-shrieked, her hands gripping the edge of the table, before she all but jumped over Jimmy’s lap and grabbed his hand.

The famous intro of ‘September’ broke loose, causing Leana to drag her boyfriend towards the dance floor, refusing to waste any time.

“I’m so with her!” Gena said, glancing over at her husband, who pouted at her, as he was not in the mood to hit the dance floor.

Soon half of the booth had paddled towards the dance floor, leaving Jade behind with Matt and Brian, as they had been the only ones who had managed to escape the women’s wrath.

“The room is kinda spinning around.” Jade muttered to the two men, her hands cradling her fourth beer, as she took a swig from it.

“I think that’s a sign.” Matt chuckled, before he tilted his head back and emptied his shot glass.

“Perhaps you wanna slow down a little?” Brian suggested, genuinely surprised that she had decided to go all in for the evening.

“I will do no such thing, Haner!” Jade said. “You, however, need to pick up your pace! If you keep drinking this slow, you’ll manage to get married before you get drunk!”

Brian chuckled at her comment, and watched as the brunette drowned her beer, before she demanded that Matt went to order her more beer.

“One beer and a couple of shots! Haner is way too sober for this!” she said, shoving her card towards her friend.

“Ay-ay, captain!” Matt sniggered, as he left the booth in order to accomplish her request.

“You’re really going all in tonight.” Brian sniggered, nudging her lightly, as she smirked back at him.

“What can I say? I’m just having the time of my life.” Jade smiled brightly at him, just as her dark eyes widened.

“Coming out your mouth with your blah, blah, blah. Zip your lips like a padlock.” the sound of Kesha caught Jade’s attention instantly, and before she managed to grab her next drink, Jade had grabbed Brian’s arm and pushed him out of the booth.

“I love this song! We have to dance!” she demanded, ignoring the dreadful look on Brian’s face, as he hated to dance.

Just as he was about to protest, he noticed how Jade nearly tripped over her feet from the second she stepped out of the booth. He chuckled as his arms went to grab her body before she hit the floor.

“Are you sure you can dance?” he asked her, glancing at the bright smile that twisted her glossy lips.

“Oh, come on, Haner! You can’t escape this one!” she argued, dragging him along and refusing to look at him as the two of them entered the dance floor.

Brian sighed as he watched Jade loosen up on the dance floor, her hips swaying along to the music, meanwhile she took his hands in hers.

“Music up! Listen hot stuff. I’m in love with this song! So just hush. Baby, shut up, heard enough!” Jade sang loudly along to the song.

Brian chuckled at the sight of her – the brunette singing on top of her lungs and her entire body moving along to the music. Brian looked at how gorgeous she looked with her heart in the song and her figure moving rather sensually along to the beat. He could soon feel his hands being placed on her hips, feeling the fabric of her dress against his skin.

The two of them locked eyes, as Jade circled her arms around his neck, too drunk to think about what the two of them were doing. Everything suddenly felt like high school, when the two of them had been madly in love with one another. It felt like by placing his hands on her body he was also re-visiting the time of his life where he had been certain that he could not love someone like he loved Jade.

The dark-haired guitarist could feel his heart pound against his chest, meanwhile Jade turned around and moved her hips close to his crotch. The way the brunette worked her way on the dance floor with Brian’s body pressed up against her back drove him mad, as he realized that he had to get himself out of the situation before he did something he would regret.

“Come on, the drinks are waiting for us.” he said, hating himself for doing so, as he laced his fingers around her bare arm.

“Haner, come on! Do you still hate to dance? After all these years?” Jade responded, freeing herself from his grasp.

“I’m gonna go.” Brian announced, taking his time to slowly move away from the dance floor, as he knew she would follow eventually.

“You stupid excuse of a man!” Jade yelled after him. The song had ended, meanwhile Katy Perry’s ‘Hot N Cold’ filled the entire bar.

“This is such a great song!” the brunette whined, still mad at Brian for making her leave the dance floor after one song. As the two of them returned to their booth, they discovered their friends who were grabbing their belongings.

“Are you guys leaving already?” Brian asked, glancing over at Zacky and Johnny, who had cigarettes resting between their lips.

“Yeah, it’s already three o’clock and I wanna eat pizza!” Jimmy announced, with Leana tugged to his side.

“Okay, but did I just see Brian and Jade return from the dance floor? How did you get him out there?” Lacey pointed out, genuinely surprised, meanwhile Jade smiled brightly.

“I can be very persuading.” the brunette told her friend, a clever smirk twisting her lips.

“Make sure she gets home safely, Brian!” Gena said to the guitarist, placing her hand on his shoulder.

“Of course, ma’am.” Brian muttered, watching as Jade climbed into the booth with a beer resting in her hand.

“Have fun, kids!” Jimmy yelled, his hand laced with Leana’s, as their friends decided to leave.

Brian looked at his friends as they left, realizing that he was now left behind with Jade, who had had a lot more to drink than he had.

“I think we should leave soon.” Brian told her, cradling a beer in his fingers, and watching as Jade was sipping on a cocktail.

“In your state? Hell no, Haner! Drink up!” Jade demanded, as she started to pick up her pace, drowning the rest of her cocktail, before she moved on to her gin.

The two of them kept going for another good hour, empty glasses filling up the table, meanwhile Brian found himself chuckling rather hysterically at the grimace on Jade’s face as she drowned another shot, shivers running through her body.

The guitarist soon glanced over at his phone, as messages from Michelle flashed on top of his screen. He could feel a lump in his throat as he thought about the way he had danced with Jade earlier this evening.

This was wrong. Terribly wrong.

“Hello!” Jade snapped her fingers in front of him. “If I drink more now, I’m gonna throw up the entire Nile!” the brunette promised.

“Thanks for the detailed description.” Brian frowned, before he grabbed his leather jacket and hooked it unto his fingers, meanwhile he waited for Jade to gather her belongings as well.

“I can’t feel my feet. Or my face. Or my entire body.” Jade announced, her hands gripping the end of the table, as the brunette was convinced that if she tried to stand, her body would collapse unto the floor.

“I got you.” Brian insured, chuckling at what a fragile mess she had become during the night.

“Gosh, I’m too old to get this drunk.” Jade giggled, the two of them making their way out of the bar.

As the cool air arrived over her face, she noticed how Brian went to grab a cigarette. She watched as he brought his lighter to the end of his smoke.

“Gross.” Jade hissed, wrinkling her nose and freeing herself from his grasp.

“You’re still the same.” Brian sniggered, remembering the exact same reaction back in high school.

“The same old snobby bitch?” she mimicked, remembering how he would usually describe girls back in high school.

He chuckled, while he tapped the end of the cigarette with his index finger. Jade was walking backwards, her eyes resting on Brian, meanwhile she still looked like a drunk mess.

“Be careful!” he announced, just as the brunette bumped into a man, whose back was facing Jade.

The brunette instantly jumped, nearly tripping over her feet, before she looked at the man she had bumped into.

“Wow. You look like a hot piece.” the man, whose hair was strawberry blonde announced. He had a firm jaw and cold eyes that looked hungry.

Jade could feel the anger boil in her veins, before a loud smack echoed outside, just as her hand collided with the side of his face, almost causing Brian to lose his cigarette.

“Do you have no self-respect? That’s not a way to talk to a stranger! You nasty pig!” Jade all but yelled at the man, who also looked like he had had a lot to drink.

Brian could feel his eyes widen by the entire situation, as the man was completely taken aback by the petite brunette. The man cupped the side of his face, before the anger came bursting into his eyes.

“You fucking whore!” he yelled, his fists clenched and his eyes glowing with pure anger.

“What did you call me?” Jade bellowed, looking as though she was about to throw a punch at the guy.

“Ey!” Brian announced, appearing right by her side with his arm sneaked around her waist. “Is everything okay?” he asked.

Brian towered over the lanky man, and he pushed his broad chest forward, making him look like a real threat.

The blonde looked at the two of them, assuming that he was her boyfriend. “That bitch fucking slapped me!” he hissed through greeted teeth.

“Watch it!” Brian snapped harshly. “You don’t get to call my girlfriend a bitch.” he stepped forward, feeling the annoyance in the very pit of his stomach. “Come on, sweet,” Brian said, his grip around her torso tightening, before he pulled Jade away from the man, knowing that he had probably just saved her life.

The two of them walked away from the man, soon collapsing into a loud laughter, as they were unable to hold it back.

“I can’t believe I just slapped a man!” Jade shrieked, looking quite pleased with herself.

“That was brilliant, Jade!” Brian chuckled.

“Not as brilliant as you acting out!” the brunette pointed out.

“What can I say? It would be sad if my bitchy friend from high school got killed by a drunk man.” Brian shrugged, as the petite woman nudged him.

“Come on! I could so easily take him down.” she insisted, once again bringing chuckle out of his lips.

“Yeah, right!” he rolled his eyes at her.

“I could!” she insisted, turning herself towards him and looking at him. “I could take you down as well!” she added.

“Jade.” Brian only rolled his eyes at her.

She was adorable when she was wasted, that was impossible to deny. She almost reminded him of a little Chihuahua that was constantly rebelling against the bigger dogs.

“You could not do that.” Brian told her, watching as she cocked her eyebrows at him.

“Of course I could! You’re no match for me, Haner!” Jade announced, shoving her index finger against his broad chest.

The sensation of her finger against his chest sent a veil of electricity down his spine. It had been a long time since she’d touch him like this, and even though it was in the most innocent and non-sexual way, Brian still had to inhale a sharp breath.

He suddenly realized that the brunette was dangerously close to him. He could already smell her perfume that hovered under his nose, and see the goose bumps that decorated her bare thighs.

She looked perfect.

“Look! There’s a cab down there,” Jade half-slurred, pointing her finger at an empty cab. “Care to take me home?” she asked, glancing over at Brian.

“As the true gentleman I am? Of course!” Brian said teasingly, linking their arms again and guiding her towards the cab.

“Oh, you’re a gift to this world, Haner.” Jade dropped dryly, as the two of them climbed into the back of the cab.

“I know.” he sniggered, reminding her of how cocky he got when he was drunk.

“Jesus Christ, why are these belts so hard?” Jade half-groaned, as she was still fighting to buckle her seatbelt, her entire head spinning by all the tequila.

“Come on, let me help you.” Brian offered.

The guitarist bended over, inhaling the scent of Jade’s perfume again, as the sweet scent intoxicated him. Brian soon placed his hand on top of hers, feeling the warmth from her toned skin and her soft skin that almost burned his. As he buckled her seatbelt his gaze crossed hers in a brief moment, and it all felt as though his heart was resting in his throat.

Jade could feel the tension between the two of them. Her eyes glanced over at his lips. The mouth she had kissed so many times in her life, and the lips that had danced practically everywhere on her body.
Brian soon chuckled, his signature smirk twisting his lips, before his hand brushed passed her bare thigh. Jade could feel the shivers that ran through her body, as her teeth sunk into her glossy lips.

Brian noticed the way her teeth so sensually gripped her lower lip. The brunette soon closed her eyes, holding unto the sensation as his thin lips once again, after all these years, collided into hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

You guys have NO idea how long I've had this chapter on my Macbook! I think I wrote it when I was halfway through with Love on the Brain, and I've been almost dying to see your reactions! Please let me know what you think, feedback is very appreciated! I already have the next chapters, so yall just need to comment!

3 comments = next chapter!