‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

The talk

Brian had a cup of coffee resting in his hands, the warmth from the beverage radiating towards his skin, meanwhile he glanced at the woman behind the counter who had, so far, paid him no attention.

He was nervous. Really nervous.

He had tried to call Jade multiple of times after she threw him out of her home, barely giving him the time to get dressed before she kicked him out. She had stopped picking up the phone and she was ignoring all of his messages, driving him up against the wall with annoyance.

In one week, he was getting married. Brian was getting married to Jade’s best friend, who he had cheated on with his high-school sweetheart. The guilt had been throbbing inside his body, and now he knew he had to talk to her. He could not face Jade on his big day without talking to her about what had happened.

The dark-haired guitarist was standing in the hallway in the hospital, watching as nurses hurried down the corridors, often followed by doctors that had been drinking at least ten cups of coffee in order to deal with the stress level in the emergency room.

“Hello, darling.” the old woman behind the counter said, finally paying attention to the tattooed man.

“Hi,” Brian saluted. “I was wondering if Dr. Jade Perez is working today?” he asked, resting his elbow on top of the counter.

Her fingers raced across the keyboard, checking her schedule, before her gaze returned to Brian’s face.

“She is! Can I take a message?”

“I’d like to speak to her myself if that’s possible.” Brian cleared his throat.

“Then you’re very fortunate, sweetheart. Her break starts in two minutes." the old woman smiled brightly.

“Excellent. I’ll just wait down there.” he announced, pointing towards the hallway that lead into the emergency room.

The sound of heels soon came to his attention, as he noticed a rather petite brunette, dressed in a pair of black pumps and a white coat that emerged from the bathroom. She had a clipboard sticking out from her arm and a newly made coffee in her hand.

“You look hot.” a dark-skinned woman with thick black curls announced, a cheeky smile on her rich glossy lips.

“Yeah, I call this look ‘I-just-changed-after-a-surgery-look.” Jade played back, watching as her co-worker started laughing.

Jade soon moved her gaze across the hall, until it landed on a pair of hazel brown eyes she’d never want to see again.

Oh my God.

“Are you sure you guys will be fine without me? I can cancel my lunch.” Jade urged to Claire, who had been looking down at her own clipboard.

“What? Nonsense! You need rest! You’ve been standing straight for over four hours, J!” Claire told her friend. “Go get some rest!”

“But I’m actually not that tired!” Jade assured.

“Look, we got it, J. Please get some rest, that’s actually an order.” Claire stated, before she rushed back into the emergency room.

“You look very happy to see me.” Brian sniggered, paddling towards the brunette, who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

“You can’t be here.” she snapped back, crossing her arms over her chest.

Brian only chuckled again. His dark brown eyes looked at the red ruffled collar dress she was wearing, somewhat impressed by the fact that she was wearing heels even at work.

“According to the kind lady behind the counter, I can,” Brian pointed out. “We have to talk. You haven’t answered my calls or my messages.”

“That’s called avoiding you,” Jade answered harshly. “I’ve been terribly busy lately, I don’t have time for you.” she said.

“You don’t have time or you don’t wanna have time?” Brian cocked his eyebrows at her. “Come on, Jade. I’m getting married to her in about a week. Are you gonna avoid me in my own wedding? What will Michelle think of that?”

Jade buried her teeth into her bottom lip. He was somewhat right, despite how much she didn’t want to admit it. She was going to attend their wedding as the woman of honour. She knew she couldn’t avoid Brian during the entire wedding, especially because it would hurt Michelle, which she couldn’t afford to do, not after what she’d done.

“My office. Now.” Jade sighed, guiding him towards her office and waiting for him to step inside so that she could close the door.

Brian took his time to study it. She had a broad desk and a comfortable chair behind it, which she soon plumped into. The bright walls were covered in pictures, and he could see a picture of her parents resting at her desk. The shelves in the room were all filled up with medicine books, as well as some psychology books. On top of her desk was a pile of papers.

“Why are you really here, Brian?” she exhaled, her arms crossed over her chest.

“I’m here because we have to talk,” he stated firmly. “We can’t exactly escape this.”

“What’s there to talk about? We got drunk and made a massive mistake. It should never have happened, and we both regret it,” she said. “You’re engaged to Michelle and I’m together with Will. I have no feelings for you, and you have no feelings for me.”

“Have you told him?” Brian asked, rubbing his fingers into his temple, before he pinched the bridge of his narrow nose.

Jade sighed again, pressing her lips together. “No,” she admitted. “He’s not home yet.”

“We can’t tell Michelle,” he said. “I know it’s wrong, but she’s gonna be heartbroken.”

Jade could feel the guilt that pinched her stomach. She’d been thinking about what to do ever since it happened. She had never thought she was capable of hurting someone she loved so much in that way, and it scared her. Jade had no idea what to do, because she didn’t want to ruin the wedding Michelle had been dreaming of in so many years.

“Jade,” Brian called out. “You understand that, right?”

“I need to think about it.” Jade announced back, avoiding the way he frowned at her.

She knew it wasn’t much to think about. She could never tell this to Michelle if she wanted to be a part of her life. Jade had no idea how Michelle would react, and she had no intention of hurting her so immensely right before the most important day of her life.

“Think about it? Are you out of your mind?” he suddenly spat at her. “There’s nothing to think about, Jade! You can’t fucking tell her!”

“If you’re gonna raise your voice again, then you need to leave,” Jade stated coldly. “She’s my best friend, and I love her. I’ve hurt her extremely much, and so have you. I’m just not sure if I can let her marry someone who cheated on her.”

“Oh, because you’re the better person, right?” Brian chuckled, rolling his eyes at her. “You’re being so fucking selfish, it’s unbelievable! Do you really wanna ruin our wedding in order to convince yourself that you’re not a horrible best friend who sleeps with your best friend’s fiancée? Way to go, Jade! Fucking amazing!”

“I’m not being selfish! If I tell Michelle, she’ll never want to see me again. Do you honestly think that I’d want something like that?” Jade cocked her eyebrows at the man sitting across from her. “I love her, Brian! If you’re capable of cheating at her one time, then you’re capable of doing it again,”

“Yeah, because you know me that well, right?” Brian spat. “Look, you’re a doctor, not a fucking psychologist! Get your shit together, Jade, seriously!”

“Oh, I’m sorry that I’m trying to think about my best friend’s feelings, Haner!” Jade sneered back, this time getting up on her feet. “Some people actually care about their friends!”

“And those people are not the ones who’d whore themselves out in order to cheat on their friends’ fiancées!” he all but yelled at her, standing up too.

The words hit Jade like a slap across the face. The brunette clenched her fists, almost convinced that she would throw a punch at him, before she inhaled a sharp breath.

“Get the hell out of my office and my life!” she demanded. “I don’t wanna see you ever again!” Jade said, her hands all but pushing him with all of her force towards the door.

Brian only rolled his eyes as he picked up his coffee and stormed out of the office. The brunette was left in the middle of the room, her chest breathing heavily and her knuckles almost white. She could feel tears sting her eyes due to the anger that boiled in her veins.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Sooo things are not exactly good between Brian and Jade. I honestly feel very sorry for the two of them, and even more sorry for Will and Michelle! How are things gonna turn out? Let me know what you think in the comments!

3 comments = next chapter!