‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Go to hell

Jade woke up in the early morning, her dark eyes thick with sleep, as the brunette shuffled closer into Will’s side, feeling his strong arms slowly slip around her petite body and holding her for a long moment.

She could see the weak sunlight break through her light silk damask curtains, and feel the warmth that radiated from Will’s bare torso and unto her skin.

“Why are you awake, love?” his deep groggily voice mumbled, pressing his cheek against the side of her face and pulling her even closer to his embrace.

“I can’t sleep.” Jade confessed, realizing that she had probably been awake most of the night again.

“Are you still thinking about whatever you still haven’t told me yet?” Will spoke with eyes closed, and Jade nodded slowly.

“Baby, perhaps you should see someone?” this time he opened his eyes and he looked at her.

He placed his thumb against her bottom lip, feeling her swollen lips and the way her wide dark eyes looked at him from under her eyelashes.

“I don’t think that’s necessary,” she confessed, gracing his brown hair with her slender fingers. “But thank you for taking care of me.” she quipped.

“You’re the love of my life, angel. Of course I’ll take care of you. Come here.” she loved the sound of his raspy voice in the morning.

Will was always so gentle with her, and she just adored how he brought her further into his chest and trapped her inside his safe embrace.

“I love you. You know that, right?” she could feel her voice almost crack by the confession. Her hand was placed on top of his bare chest, feeling his muscles underneath the palm of her hand.

“I do know that, and I love you too, Jade,” Will voiced back, and pecked her forehead. “Now, let’s go back to sleep.” he mumbled.

Jade soon noticed how his eyes shut, which was followed by his sharp heavy breath.

“I think I’m gonna go for a run.” she announced, ready to climb out of the master bed, just as he trapped her again.

“Nonsense. You have a night shift today. You need sleep,” Will argued, bringing his chin on top of her head and making himself so comfortable with her that he would never let her break free from his grasp.

Jade only giggled, as he was being too sweet. “I’m sorry, honey, but I can’t sleep,” Jade mumbled. “I’m gonna go for a run and then I’ll cook you a delicious breakfast.” she promised.

“God, that sounds really tempting after the rough night I had at the office last night.” Will admitted.

“You have a lot to look forward to, baby.” Jade said, pecking his lips, before she scooped herself out of the bed and felt the cool air immediately roll over her bare legs.

The brunette snatched her pink robe and paddled out of the master room and down stairs. Her grey Siamese cat, Honey, was looking down at her owner with her huge blue baby eyes, soon greeted her. Jade soon chuckled and scooped her kitten up in her arms.

“Let’s get you something to eat, okay?” she told her beloved Siamese, who only wiggled in her grasp.

Jade could easily tell that Honey had gotten more sleep than her owner, as she went to refill both of her bowls, and then watched as the tiny creature started digging into her food.

The brunette watched her kitten from on top of a bar stool, her fingers hooked around a cup of dark coffee and a bowl of oatmeal, berries and yoghurt in front of her. She kept tossing the spoon around the bowl, waiting for the caffeine to kick in, meanwhile her mind started sending her into thoughts she’d rather avoid.

She still felt bad about the fact that she hadn’t told Will about the wedding. Jade kept working all the time in order to avoid her boyfriend, as well as everything that reminded her of the life she had had before Michelle’s wedding. She had lost all of her friends, except for Will and Olivia. Michelle would never want to see her again and Valary had even told Jade to move away for good. She had already lost so many good people, and she couldn’t bear to lose Will as well.

Honey started making sounds, signalizing that she wanted Jade to run her hand through the light grey fur. Jade chuckled at the sight of her. She was so glad that she had her baby kitten in her life, and especially when she kept avoiding everything and everyone. She brought Honey into her lap, and watched as the Siamese made herself comfortable. She looked like a tiny ball of fur, with her tail patting Jade’s thigh.

“You’re one of the best things I have,” Jade told the kitten, meanwhile she dug her slender fingers into the soft fur. “Even though I bet you’d hate me too if you knew what a terrible person I am." the brunette muffled.

Jade’s phone soon buzzed from on top of the counter, making Honey squeal in her lap, before the kitten jumped down and took off. Jade looked at her slim Iphone, her eyes curious as she saw the message her consultant, Charlotte, had left.

Hello, Jade! I believe we have a hectic night ahead of us, so I suggest that you relax as much as possible! We need you at your best tonight! Love, Charlie.'

Jade couldn’t help but smile at the message her co-worker had left. Charlotte had always been one of the sweetest and greatest people she knew of. She was always there for her co-workers and would always message them before a stressful shift, wanting everyone to be aware of what they had ahead of them.

The brunette soon left her bowl in the sink and changed into her training clothes. She shoved her earplugs into her ears and told Will that she would be gone for about an hour.

Huntington was always so nice in the early morning. The sun was still asleep and the sky had a bright peachy colour. The sound of the quiet waves echoed through the sound of her music, meanwhile a glistering layer of sweat covered her forehead. She hadn’t been working out for a good time now. The usual yoga classes she liked to attend with Michelle had fallen out of her life, and now she realized that she had to do something in order to keep herself in shape.

Her legs moved as fast as they could, and the brunette felt the tiredness hit her body. She had been running for nearly forty minutes when a sight greeted her, making her stop.

A man was leaned over the trashcan, an empty bottle of Jack Daniel resting on top of the bench, meanwhile vomit left his lips. The man looked like he had had a rough night, as he was dressed in a grey hoodie and a pair of faded jeans. His hair looked greasy and he had stubbles that covered half of his face.

“Excuse me, are you okay?” the brunette urged, as she walked over to the man and placed her palm on top of his lower back.

The man soon backed away from the trashcan, whipping his mouth clean with the back of his hoodie, before he glanced at the brunette.

Jesus Christ. It was Brian.

“Brian…” Jade muffled, as she hadn’t seen him ever since the wedding.

“Oh, it’s you…” Brian shook his head, looking disgusted, before he grabbed the empty whiskey bottle.

“It’s five o’clock in the morning. Shouldn’t you be home and asleep?” Jade asked, genuinely concerned as she searched for his gaze.

“Since when the fuck did you start caring about other people?” he slurred at her, obviously wasted, as he had a hard time standing straight.

“You’re drunk.” Jade pointed out, trying to reach out for him and helping him, just as he slapped her hands away.

“Don’t touch me, you dirty skank!” Brian snapped. “Y-you managed to ruin my relationship with ‘Chelle!” he pointed his index finger at her.

“I’m sorry..” Jade said, knowing that it wasn’t enough. “I’ve stepped out of your lives.”

“Yeah, and it’s way better without you!” he kept slurring. “You weren’t even a good fuck, Jade! I fucking hate you!”

Jade tried to gather all of her patience. She knew he was drunk, and she knew he was saying things in pure affect. She had been working with lots of people who had told her things like that when they were vulnerable and intoxicated by drugs.

“Brian, you’re drunk. You obviously don’t mean these things.” she said patiently.

“The fuck I do!” Brian argued. “I fucking hate everything about you! You never cared about the people in your life! It’s always been about you all the fucking time!”

“We both know that’s not true.” she stated, feeling the patience slip away from her.

Brian suddenly laughed out loud, shaking his head and acting as though she had just said something extremely stupid.

“You couldn’t make time for Val and Matt’s wedding! They’re fucking wedding, Jade! And then you decided to ruin mine! You don’t fucking care about anyone but yourself! I hope that fucking loverboy of yours can get his head out of his ass and leave you!”

Jade could feel her chest twist. She tried to collect herself. Brian couldn’t get the best of her, and especially not when he was so drunk that he couldn’t stand straight.

I got this.

“There was a really good reason as to why I couldn’t come to Val and Matt’s wedding,” Jade stated. “I don’t owe you any explanation.” she added.

“You never owe people explanations! That’s the thing about you!” Brian yelled. “And that’s because you only care about yourself! It’s always about you!”

“Brian, I’m not having this conversation with you,” Jade stated. “Just leave it. I’m gonna go.”

“You can’t tell me what to do anymore, you fucking bitch!” Brian snarled. “It’s a fucking miracle that Val didn’t chop your head off when you ditched her wedding! Honestly, you deserve that!”

Jade could feel the anger build up in the pit of her stomach. She clenched her fists, trying to pull herself together.

He's drunk. He doesn't know what he's saying. He doesn't know why I didn't show up.

“Okay, Brian. I deserve to get my head chopped off,” she shrugged nonchalantly. “Are you done now?” she cocked her eyebrows at him.

“No, I’m not! I can’t fucking believe that I ever loved a cheap ass skank like you! I hope Will leaves you, because you don’t fucking deserve to have anyone in your life!”

Tears stung her eyes for a minute. Her body was trembling and her lips appeared as two thin lines, meanwhile the anger raised in her dark eyes.

“My father died two days before their wedding! That’s why I didn’t attend it! I was in Cali when it happened and had to take care of my devastated mother! Don’t you dare tell me that I’m selfish because I didn’t attend that wedding, when I couldn’t even manage to leave my house for a week!” she all but screamed at him, genuinely surprised by the force in her voice.

“I may be a lot of those things that you listed, Brian, but I’m not selfish!” she followed, her fists so clenched that her knuckles turned white.

Brian went mute. It became clear that he had registered her words, and he exhaled a long breath, before he looked down at his tattooed knuckles.

“I don’t wanna ever see you again. Go to hell!” Jade shook her head, and just like that, she took off again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't feel like I have to say a lot about this chapter. Please leave a comment, and remember to subscribe and recommend! Y'all are lovely!

3 comments = next chapter!