‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

The accident

Roughly two months had gone by since Michelle’s wedding, and Jade kept moving further with her unhealthy pattern where she spent more time at work than home, and ended up laying awake all night because she couldn’t sleep.

Today Will had convinced her to call in and take a day off, so that the two of them could spend some time together, which rarely happened. Jade had been all worked up ever since he requested some quality time with her. She had been avoiding these situations as much as she could, as she felt so terribly guilty every time she was near him.

Jade was sitting in the living room, Honey next to her and a book resting her lap. She had done some laundry and even cleaned the entire kitchen while waiting for Will to come home. She had been told that he had been out for lunch with a couple of friends that were in town for some days, and now the two of them were going to spend some time all by themselves.

“Honey, I’m home!” Will announced, his deep clear British accent echoing through the first floor of their house, meanwhile Jade placed the book on top of the coffee table and got to her feet, leaving her kitten behind, which Honey wasn’t so pleased with.

“Hello,” Jade said, watching as Will kicked off his shoes and paddled into the living room with her. “How was it?” she asked, as she returned to her earlier spot.

“Very great! I miss England so much.” he confessed.

Jade soon noticed that he had placed himself across from her, which had never happened before. The two of them would always be very PDA when they were first hanging out, and lately that had brought some issues into Jade’s mind. Now however, she was the one who was taken aback by his lack of affection.

“I understand that.” she voiced back.

“So, I’ve been thinking,” Will started, placing his hand under his chin and looking as though he was reconsidering. “How about we do some grocery shopping and then cook an amazing meal together? It’s been such a long time.” he confessed, this time making her shoulders sink.

“That sounds great. Let me just get my purse.” Jade smiled, and patted her kitten one last time before she got up and left again.

Within the next ten minutes both of them had walked down the patio and settled their seat-belts. Will had been awfully quiet during the ride, and had even refused to turn up the radio, as it was the only thing that prevented them from entering an uncomfortable silence.

Jade soon noticed that Will was driving in the opposite direction of the supermarket, making her chuckle nervously as she looked over at him.

“Honey, I believe this isn’t the right way,” she muffled. “The supermarket is in the opposite direction.”

“I know that,” Will said rather sternly. “There’s someone we’re gonna visit before that.” he announced.

“Oh, one of your friends?”

“No, one of yours.”

Oh my God.

“What do you mean, Will?” Jade narrowed her gaze at him.

“I haven’t seen Michelle and Brian in a while, and I wasn’t there for the wedding, so I thought we could drop by.” William said.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. They recently returned from their honeymoon, and it would be rude to turn up unannounced.” Jade told him.

“I don’t think so. Besides, perhaps Michelle can cheer you up?” William disagreed.

“Will, can we please not have this conversation now?” Jade exhaled. “I just wanna spend some time with you, and you only.”

“But what about what I want, Jade?” he raised his voice and stopped the car, not even thinking about the fact that he had stopped without checking if it was a green light.

“You’ve been at the verge of depressed lately, and I’ve put up with a lot of things. Being left out is not a thing I will tolerate anymore.” he stated firmly.

“I’m very sorry, Will. I don’t know what’s gotten into me…” Jade said lowly.

“You obviously do! You just don’t wanna tell me, and that’s not how a healthy relationship is!”

“What? A healthy relationship does not have to confess everything to your significant other, Will! I’m not ready to talk about it yet!” Jade argued back.

“Then you better get ready, because I’m not gonna wait for you to pull yourself together any longer!” he all but yelled at her, making her furious, as she unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed her purse.

“If you’re gonna talk to me like this, then I’m not gonna stay in this car with you,” Jade announced, her hand already gripping the door handle, just as Will grabbed her arm.

“You are doing no such thing!”

The pressure from his hand was firm and at the verge of harming her, as Jade tried to free herself from his grip without any luck.

“William, let go of me! You’re actually hurting me!” she cried out.

“You’re not leaving this car until you tell me what’s going on!” he demanded.

Jade was in shock. She had never seen William like this before, and it scared her. He had always been so loving, patient and caring. The fact that he was now harming her made her want to leave the situation as soon as possible.

“Will, please! she all but pleaded.

“No!” he barged back.

Jade soon glanced over at the window, her eyes widening in horror at what she saw.

“Will!” she yelled, but it was too late.

Her panic was strangled by the sound of a heavy trailer hitting their car. The strong force from the trailer broke through the car-door, and shattered glass fell over her like a tidal wave hitting the sand. Jade’s scream was completely silenced by horror, as her entire body was filled with blood. Her body all but flew forward, her forehead hitting the radio.

It felt as though she was trapped inside a nightmare. The pain from her forehead was fresh and aggressive, and her body felt heavier than ever before. Blood and shattered glass filled her vision, and all she could think about was William. She tried to scream out his name, as the pain in her body was too intense. Her vision was blurry, and it almost felt as though she had caught fire. The burning pain was everywhere on her body and when she tried to move herself, she could feel how her body hissed back in pain.

Soon the sound of voices only echoed poorly in the background, and before the brunette knew it, everything turned very cold and dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my Goodness....

Is Jade alive? Will she be okay? Leave comments and find out!

3 comments = next chapter!