‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Good to me

Within the next week Jade had been able to go home again. With some help from Michelle and her mother, the brunette had managed to enter her childhood home, instantly plumping down on the couch, while waiting for Michelle to grab some ice in the fridge.

“Perhaps we can have a hairdresser come over?” Esther suggested, looking at her daughter, who still hadn’t manage to wash her hair in a long time.

“I’ll take the hint, mother...” Jade sighed, as Michelle gave her the ice that the brunette soon applied against her broken ribs.

“I’m gonna go and prepare something to eat. Do you wanna stay for dinner, Michelle?” Esther asked the other brunette.

“I’d love to!” Michelle smiled sincerely, watching as the older woman paddled into her kitchen, leaving the two all by themselves.

“You do look better.” Michelle said, sitting across from her friend.

“I don’t know if I feel better,” Jade mouthed. “I miss my cat.”

“Zack’s been taking care of her the entire time. He says she’s doing great.” Michelle assured her.

“God, how did I get into this mess?” the brunette voiced poorly.

“Sweet, don’t think about that now.”

“I mean, Will’s gone and I’m left with a house I can’t afford with only one income.” she went on.

“Jade, we’ll find a way,” Michelle said to her, feeling genuinely bad for her. “You don’t have to worry about anything right now. You shouldn’t worry about anything, sweet.”

Another sigh left Jade’s lips. She knew Michelle was right. She had just left the hospital, and the first thing she did was worrying about everything in her life.

“I miss the guys,” Jade announced. “I miss doing things with my life.”

“I know you do, babe.” Michelle muffled.

“Tell me something that’s new in their lives, please.” Jade looked over at her friend. Her eyes were practically pleading Michelle to give her a break from her misery.

“Val’s pregnant.”

“SHE'S WHAT?” Jade snorted out loud, so thrilled that she tried to sit up a little to fast in the couch.

“Careful!” Michelle reminded her friend, as she practically ran over to her friend and held her down.
“Jade, you have to be careful!”

“I’m sorry,” Jade grimaced, still feeling the pain in her ribs. “But is she seriously pregnant?” she asked.

“She is! They’re very happy!” Michelle claimed, a sweet smile cupping her lips.

“God, they’re going to be amazing parents.” the brunette announced.

“They are.” Michelle agreed.

“Other things that’s new? Except for the fact that they’re not making music because of me.” Jade spoke bitterly.

“J,” Michelle sighed. “It’s not because of you. They just needed a little break. I’m sure they’re gonna head back into the studio very soon.” she assured her.

“They better.” Jade voiced lowly.

“Zack’s received new merch for his store. He won’t stop talking about it,” the brunette continued to fill her in. “Gena and Lacey are modeling for the brand!”

“That’s awesome,” Jade smiled.

“It is!”

“How’s Lea doing?” the brunette asked.

“She’s doing fine. She got a new job at a bar, so now Jimmy’s taking advantage of her skills.” Michelle chuckled.

“Of course he is.” the other woman rolled her eyes.

“They miss you, Jade,” Michelle spoke. “And I know it doesn’t feel like it, but they do. They ask about you a lot, all of them.”

“Why can’t they just visit me then?” Jade argued, sorrow reeking from her dark eyes.

“Because they don’t know how to wrap their heads around the fact that your drugged boyfriend almost killed you,” Michelle admitted. “They received news at the same as you did. They were all shocked and unsure if you wanted them back.”

“I do want them back.” the brunette said.

Michelle went quiet for a little moment. The smell of food arrived from the kitchen, making Jade realize how hungry she was.

“Okay, you know what?” Michelle suddenly got to her feet. “Zack and Gena are having a BBQ next week. Let’s go together.”

“You want me to come?” Jade whimpered.

“What? Of course I do! Come on, let me remind you that you lived a life before all of these things happened.” her friend announced.

“'Chelle, just because I’m miserable and grumpy doesn’t mean that you have to forget about your own needs. If we’re gonna become friends again, then I need you to take care of yourself as well.”

“Jade, I am taking care of myself, and I can handle seeing you with them again. Actually I’d be delighted to see you together with them.” Michelle insisted.

Jade could feel tears prickle her eyes. She was so sappy now a days, and it only got worse when Michelle was being so kind to her.

“Don’t cry.” Michelle whispered, brushing away the tears that sailed down her face.

“You’re too good to me.” Jade half-sobbed.

“I’m not. Come on, let’s get you something to eat.” the brunette said, before she helped her friend up from the couch and guided her towards the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo she's home! Or not home, but she's not in the hospital anymore! This is sort of just a lil filler, and I've loaded my draft so there's a lot to come! I love how sweet and caring Michelle is! She's awesome!

So, how will the guys react when Jade turns up? And more importantly - how will BRIAN react? Let me know in the comments!