‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

His offer

Jade chewed on her bottom lip, staring at her phone as though she debated with herself whether or not pick up and make the call. She had swallowed her sleeping pill three hours ago, and she was still wide-awake in her bed. The soft sheets tugged around her bare chest, and she was beyond tired of staring blankly at the chandelier over her head.

She let out a sigh and pressed her phone against her ear. She knew she wouldn’t regret calling, as she never did when she was in his company. Jade needed something to escape from her sleepless night, and the raven-haired man was exactly what she needed.

“Hey fucker! I can’t come to the phone now, so leave a message that I probably won’t listen to!” Jimmy’s voicemail sounded.

Another sigh left her lips. Her phone soon slipped out of her grasp, landing on her nightstand, before she returned to her sheets.

The brunette stared blankly at the ceiling for a little while, still furious about the fact that she couldn’t sleep.

The sound of her phone soon caught her attention, meanwhile Jimmy’s name brightened up her screen. The brunette grabbed it and pressed it against her ear.

“Hi.” Jade announced.

“Hi, Jade.” Brian’s deep voice said from the other line.

“Brian?” Jade seemed a little taken aback, meanwhile she made herself comfortable in the bed.

“Jimmy’s upstairs with Lea doing whatever they’re doing.” he explained, as the sound of music filled the background.

“You guys are at a party?” she asked.

“Yeah, something like that,” he shrugged back. “Can I take a message?” Brian asked, while scratching the back of his head.

“No, it’s fine." Jade sighed, chewing on her bottom lip.

“Why did you call?” he slurped from his beer, before leaving it on top of the kitchen counter.

“I just needed someone to talk to,” she confessed. “And I thought Jimmy would be available.”

“When is that fucker ever available in the middle of the night?” Brian chuckled a little.

“Okay, you’re right.” Jade giggled.

“How are you holding up?” he asked.

It had been a while since he’d talked to her. Jade had been hesitant to contact Brian after all that had happened, and he couldn’t blame her. He had treated her terribly after the wedding, and now she was in the middle of trying to make a life for herself again.

“I’m okay, I think,” she voiced thoughtfully. “I just can’t really sleep at night.”

“But I thought you were taking sleeping medication?”

“Yeah, I am, but when you take this kind of sleeping pill, your body will be able to adjust to it over a period of time,” Jade explained. “That’s why it’s an addictive kind we don’t prescribe to patient’s who’s been suffering from substance abuse.” she added.

“Oh, okay, smarty pants,” Brian sniggered from the other end. “So, you’re wide awake now?”

“Kinda,” Jade sighed. “I was hoping I could be bothering Jimmy at this point.” she confessed.

“What? Am I not good enough for you?” he dropped teasingly, and Jade could already imagine the slick smirk on his lips.

“Well…” she trailed off, smiling cheekily herself.

“Ah, fuck you!” Brian told her.

“Aren’t you guys gonna prepare for tour?” Jade voiced, twirling a stray of hair around her finger.

“Yeah. We’re heading in to the studio tomorrow in order to do the last finishes.” he said.

“I’m sure it’s a great album.” she smiled.

“Better be. Jimmy’s been driving us all fucking nuts,” he chuckled. “Do you have any plans tomorrow?” he asked, meanwhile he nursed back to the cold beer in his hand.

“I don’t think so. Why’d you ask?”

“I think I have a couple of hours to kill after our studio time. Do you wanna grab some lunch?” he offered. “My treat.”

“Mh, your treat? It would be a shame to turn down free food,” Jade announced thoughtfully. “I’ll think about it.” she said.

“Give me a message when you’ve considered my offer then.” he chuckled.

“I will. Good night, Haner.”

“Night, Perez.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo.... Brian invited her out! Is she gonna take it or not? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you so so so so much for comments! You guys are incredible! As I said before, you will get to know more about Michelle and her feelings later on! Stay tuned and keep up the good work!