‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Lunch

Jade had just parked the car in the driveway, her fingers leaving the leather wheel, before she drove her Chanel sunglasses from the top of her head and down to the bridge of her nose. She unbuckled her seatbelt, and then climbed out of the car with her fingers wrapped around her Céline purse.

The brunette glanced across the parking lot, the sun beaming on top of the sky, and the temperature rising since her walk along the beach that morning. Her dark eyes were soon greeted by the sight of Brian, who got out of his own car, dressed in a low white V-neck, faded jeans and sneakers. His hazel brown eyes were covered by a pair of sunglasses, and soon swept over to the tiny brunette who had been waiting for him for merely three minutes.

Jade was dressed in a white silk top that she had unbuttoned the top of due to the heat. Her legs were covered in a pair of black wide-legged pants and on her feet he saw a pair of dark flats.

“You’re late!” Jade grimaced at the man, who knew she was the kind who appreciated people who arrived right on time.

“Three minutes late!” Brian rolled his eyes at him, shaking his head as he drew closer to her.

“Three important minutes!” she pointed her slim finger at him.

“I’m sorry, Perez. Hopefully the lunch will make it up for you.” he placed his hands up in the air for surrender, watching as her glossy lips stretched into a rather playful smile.

“Right. I hope so too.” she announced, as the two of them stepped into the restaurant.

Brian had decided to take her out for sushi, as he realized that it had been a while. The raven-haired man already had the menu in front of him, along with an ice-cold glass of water, which he needed after facing the heat that had swept over California that day. He took his time to study the menu, peeking up from the menu and noticing how Jade had already decided what to go for.

“So, I bet you can’t wait to return to work?” he cocked his eyebrows, knowing her too well, as she chuckled a little.

“Oh, you have no idea, Haner!” Jade sighed. “I’m driving my mother crazy right now. I have nothing to do and I’ve been watching The Crown at least five times now.”

“God. That sounds awful…” Brian grimaced at the image of Jade all slacked out on the couch with The Crown on the big screen in front of her.

“Yup. It is,” Jade confirmed. “How about you guys? Things are coming down in the studio?”

Brian closed the menu and placed it on top of the wooden table, trying to eye the waiter to see if he could get their orders soon.

“Yeah, they are! It’s a way more complex sound than we’ve ever had before. I’m honestly really stoked about the tour!” Brian admitted, leaning back in his seat.

“You guys will do great.” Jade smiled sweetly from across him, just as the waiter returned to their table.
“Have you guys decided yet?” the man was in his late twenties, and had a sincere smile curving his thin lips.

“I’ll have eight bites of the avocado and salmon dish!” Jade smiled. “And a glass of white wine.” she added.

“And for you?” the waiter turned to Brian, who had been scrolling through the menu again.

“I’ll have the same, and a beer on top.” he nodded slowly, and then watched as the waiter collected their menus and then sashayed from their table.

“So, what’s happening with the beach house?” he asked, settling his elbows on top of the table, and then noticing how she slipped her phone back into her purse.

“I don’t know yet. I’d like to keep the house.” Jade admitted.

“But can do you keep it? I mean, didn’t that cost you a fortune?” he took a swig from his beer, and then watched how her elegant fingers slipped around her glass.

“His parents bought most of it, but I think they’re too ashamed of Will to demand to get the house back.” she told him, running her fingers through her silk dark hair.

“I’m really sorry about what happened, Jade…” Brian sighed. “That was a dick move of him.”
“I know,” Jade sighed. “It’s just… difficult. I thought I knew him.”

“You’ll find someone else.” Brian assured her, just as the waiter returned with their delicate dishes.

“I know, it’s just difficult to wrap my head around it.” Jade shrugged, and then grabbed her sticks, easily manning them and picking up a firm piece of sushi and bringing it towards her lips.

The conversation soon went over to other things, and the two of them stayed at the restaurant for quite some time, both of them finishing their dishes and drinks. Brian told Jade about their upcoming tour, and even showed a couple of pictures of the new tour-bus their label had provided for them. Jade was mesmerized to the core, as she was once again reminded of how far her friends had come since they started practicing in Matt’s old garage when he still lived with his parents.

Almost two hours after they had met at the parking lot, they left the restaurant. It was barely one o’clock when they stepped out, the burning sun still beaming over their heads.

“I’m not really in the mood to go home now.” Brian admitted, glancing over at the brunette who had cocked one perfectly shaped eyebrows in return.

“What do you wanna do?”

“Wanna take a walk down at the beach?” he asked.

“Does it look like I’m dressed for what?” Jade narrowed her eyes at him.

“Oh, come on!” he nudged her gently with his hand. “You look like you’re ready for everything!”

Jade only rolled her eyes at him, as she shook her head, handing him her purse as she stepped out of her flats and hooked her fingers inside of them, carrying her shoes as her bare feet stepped into the soft sand. Brian did the same, as he pulled off his ankle socks and then picked up his sneakers.

The two of them walked in utter silence, the only thing disturbing the quietness being the sound of the angry waves that crushed into the shore. Jade could feel the cool wind that went through her high ponytail, as well as the smell of salt that lingered in her mouth. The birds cried over their heads, while they circled across the sky, enjoying the warmth just as much as the two of them.

“Huntington is seriously the best place ever.” Brian announced, breaking the silence, as Jade looked at him, chuckling lightly.

“I can’t believe you’ve seen all of my favourite places, and you still happen to adore this one.” she shook her head at him.

“It is! Now I even have lots of places to compare it with!” he argued.

“I’m sure you do, West coast boy.” she replied teasingly.

“Oh, stop it!” Brian frowned at her, nudging her once again, but making sure he didn’t push too hard, as he knew her body was still recovering after the car accident. “If you could start over at any place in the world, where would you start?”

Jade glanced up at him, as she knitted her brows. It was a difficult task. She had seen most of America due to her parents’ job, and during her time at Yale Will had made sure she’d seen a bit of Europe as well.

“That’s a hard one…” Jade confessed. “Milan, perhaps?” she wiggled her eyebrows. “What about you?”
Brian looked just as focused as Jade had been several minutes, thinking about her answer, before the brunette opened her mouth in order to add an important detail.

“You can’t say Huntington!” Jade said.

“Oh, and why’s that?” he cocked his eyebrows at her.

“Because that would be too easy, which wouldn’t be fun.” she shrugged.

“Okay, mhhh…” Brian murmured underneath his breath. “Amsterdam?” he said, almost reluctantly.

“Oh God, who are you? Jimmy?” Jade let out.

“It’s a rad city! We toured there last year!” he told her.

“Okay, I believe you!” the brunette replied, chuckling a little, as Brian rolled her eyes at him. “You know what would be wonderful right now?”

“Maybe, but do tell.” Brian said, a gentle smile resting on his thin lips.

“Ice-cream!” Jade beamed.

“So the sushi wasn’t enough?” he cocked his eyebrows at her.

“Don’t be silly!” she said. “But with this heat, ice-cream is the only solution.”

“You’re treat?” Brian asked.

“Sure thing!” Jade smiled sweetly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Woho! Jade went to lunch with Brian after all! How are things going from here? Let me know what YOU think!