‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Afternoon

Jade was padding down the pavement with Molly, who had just gotten off work. The ginger-haired woman was currently rambling about her stressful shift. The two of them had just left the closest Starbucks, and were now going for a walk in the peaceful afternoon.

“We really miss you at work, Jade.” Molly commented, driving her fire coloured hair backwards and into a rather messy ponytail.

“I miss you too! I can’t wait to get back!” Jade sighed heavily. “I’ve missed work so much!”

“You’re almost back!” Molly assured her, placing her palm at Jade’s back and rubbing her gently.

“But it’s taking so long! And I’m sick of popping pills!” Jade whined out loud.

“You are taking all of your meds, right? And you’re staying away from alcohol?” her friend asked, sounding genuinely concerned, as Jade rolled her eyes at her.

“Yes, mom! I remember all of my meds every day!” Jade replied, sounding like an unimpressed teenager.

“Good girl!” Molly sniggered. “I bet your ribs are healing very quickly!” the ginger-haired woman chuckled, sounding very amused by this scenario.

The two of them kept walking, the conversation moving on naturally as it always did between the two of them.

“So, Phil. Are things heating up between the two of you?” Jade wiggled her eyebrows, as she nudged her friend rather playfully.

Molly didn’t respond, as her cheeks warmed up. Warmth radiated towards her skin within seconds, and the smile she tried to hold back soon captured her lips.

“Oh my God!” Jade announced. “You have to tell me!”

“Nothing’s going on!” Molly replied, refusing to meet her friend’s gaze.

“Bullshit! You gotta tell me!” Jade wrapped her fingers around Molly’s wrist, pulling her closer. “Seriously!”

“He’s moved in!” the ginger-haired woman said in one breath, as her friend almost lost it.

“OH MY GOD!” Jade all but squealed, as she practically tackled her friend into a tight hug.

“Jade! Oxygen!” Molly stuttered, her body trapped in Jade’s tight and very uncomfortable embrace.

“I’m sorry.” Jade chuckled. “But oh my God!” the brunette smiled wickedly. “I’m so happy for you!”

“Yeah, I can see that!” Molly giggled. “Speaking of boys, how are things between you and Brian?”

Jade pressed her lips together. She had been texting a lot with Brian recently. She didn’t have much to do with her mother working all day, and her body still too fragile to attend yoga classes and her hectic workday at the hospital.

“We’re just friends.” Jade replied.

“Seriously? After all this time?” Molly cocked her eyebrows at her. “That’s very impressive. I mean, you guys have been through a lot.”

“Yeah, I know. I could never be together with Brian after everything that’s been going on.”

“Never? That’s determined.” Molly commented.

“Yes it is,” Jade shrugged. “But it’s for the best. We haven’t loved one another in years.”

“And you’re very sure about that?”

“Of course I am! He’s still heartbroken over Michelle!” Jade stated.

“God, poor humans…” Molly shook her head.

“Yeah.” Jade agreed, feeling the guilt once again pinching her stomach.

“Well, I have to go. Phil has actually been calling a couple of times now…” the ginger-haired woman confessed, her dimples popping up in her face.

“What? God! Then I guess you should run! Can’t have him waiting!”

“You’re embarrassing me!” Molly announced.

“That’s my job, sweetie!” Jade chuckled, giving her friend a light hug.

“I’ll call you later!” she said, as she fished for her car keys.

Jade smiled as her friend got into her car, dumping her purse in the passenger seat and then turning on the engineer. The brunette stood by the sidewalk, watching as Molly turned the car and then headed into the opposite direction of her friend’s. Jade had parked her car several blocks away, as she enjoyed using her legs for once, a privilege she’d enjoyed even more ever since she got out from the hospital.

The brunette was soon interrupted by the sound of her phone buzzing in her purse. Jade unzipped it and then grabbed a hold of her Iphone, just as she saw Brian’s name on her slim screen.

“To what do I owe you the pleasure, Haner?” she chuckled, waiting for his response.

“Turn around, Perez.” he requested, as Jade looked over her shoulder, her eyes meeting his, as well as his cheeky grin.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, slipping her phone back into her purse and watching as a rather sweaty Brian stepped closer.

He was dressed in a soaked grey tank top that exposed most of his impressive tattoos and a pair of basket shorts. In contrast to him, she looked rather nicely dressed, as she was wearing an embellished sleeve top, wool-silk shorts and Gucci loafers.

“I was just hitting the gym,” he explained. “I thought I should leave the car at home for once, and instead run home.”

“That’s like an hour run?” Jade cocked her eyebrows at him. “Are you insane?”

“More like a little restless.” Brian chuckled, to which she shook her head.

“God, let me give you a lift!” she insisted. “I’m sure you’ve already had an intense workout.” she pointed out.

“Maybe…” Brian sniggered. “But seriously, you don’t have to drive me.”

“Nonsense. Let me do this. You paid for lunch!” Jade announced.

“Yeah, and you paid for ice-cream, so we’re even!” he argued.

“God, you’re so…” Jade trailed off, unable to fully describe him.

“Amazing? Handsome? Incredibly smart? I know.” he smirked cockily at her.

Annoying!” she let out. “Come on. Let me drive you home, and you do not get a say in this!” Jade insisted, as she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him towards her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

This is kinda just a little filler. Please let me know what you think and what YOU think is going to happen!