‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Worst in me

Jade listened to the sound of her own heels drumming against the floor, meanwhile her eyes were completely mesmerized by the view she had from the new kitchen. She had always wanted to have a clear view of Huntington, and as the new kitchen and dining room had been brought together in one huge room, she had convinced her partner that they should have one wall made of glass.

“This is spectacular,” William said from beside her, his elbows resting against the cold marvel kitchen counter.

“It is!” Jade agreed, the smile never leaving her lips while she looked at the incredible ocean in front of her eyes.

“So,” the lady who was responsible for the re-decoration said, making her appearance clear to them again. “The kitchen and the diner room is now ready, and we decided to tear down the wall that separated them, as you asked for,” she said.

“Now, the living room is soon ready, as well as the master bedroom upstairs,” the woman continued, meanwhile she brought her hand towards her glasses and pulled them off.

“That’s very good to hear,” William confessed to the lady, who kept walking around in their giant kitchen, her heals drumming as well.

“When will the furniture be in place? I’ve given quite specific orders on how I want the kitchen and the diner room to look like,” Jade told the lady, as she had been terrified that someone else would be held responsible for decorating her new home.

“Mr. Clearwater told me about your requests, Mrs Perez,” the lady announced. “You wanted your chandelier over the dinner table?”

“Yes! I would also to have the kitchen counter completely free,” Jade added. “Do not put the oven there,”

She watched as the other woman scribbled down her customer’s request on her tablet. “That’s a brilliant idea,” the woman said.

“And you wanted the painting in the master bedroom?” the woman asked Jade, as she was still looking down at her previous notes.

“That’s correct. Don't touch the walk-in closet, I’ll handle that,” the brunette smirked.

“Oh, I’m sure you will,” William announced to his girlfriend, sneaking his arm around her and placing his palm on the lower parts of her back.

“Excellent. We’ll be in touch,” the woman smiled brightly at the couple.

“Good! When will the house be ready?” William asked, pulling his girlfriend closer to his chest.

“I would give it a month. Most of the house is ready, but we just need to get the furniture in place,” the woman told them.

The couple soon left the house, hand-in-hand, as they walked towards the parking lot.

“So, what are you doing tonight?” William asked, meanwhile Jade climbed into the passenger seat.

“We both got an invitation to a barbeque at Johnny’s today,” Jade announced, settling her Prada purse on top of her lap and buckling her seatbelt.

“That sounds feisty,” the dark-haired man said, one hand resting on the wheel and the other one on top of Jade’s bare thigh.

“Oh, I can assure you that it’ll be great. Now we only have to stop by a shop and buy some liquor,” the brunette said, watching the smile that twisted his lips.

“That I can do,” he told her.

***

“Jade, love, are you ready?” William asked, as his girlfriend had been checking herself in the mirror for a long time, her belt still buckled, meanwhile they were both sitting outside Johnny’s house.

“Just give me a minute, honey,” she promised, before she picked up her red lipstick and applied a generous layer and then pressed her lips together.

“You look beautiful,” he assured her, leaning over and pecking the side of her face, meanwhile she unbuckled her belt and grabbed her bag that carried her wine.

Her partner allowed his eyes to trail over her outfit. Her hair had been tied into a high ponytail, and she was wearing a lace longline bralette, pink wide-legged trousers and a pair of black heels. She had her vintage Céline wallet in her hand, and a bag filled with alcohol in the other.

“You are too good,” Jade muffled back, sending him the smile that brought chills down his back. Will smirked at her, as the two of them made their way out of the car and walked towards the house, his fingers laced with hers.

“Jade! William!” Michelle was the first to rise to her feet as the couple entered Johnny’s garden.

“You can leave if you didn’t bring booze, Perez!” Jimmy said to her, as to which his girlfriend nudged him for saying.

“Jimmy!” Leana whined.

“How do you manage to wear heels all day?” Gena asked, as she went over to the brunette in order to give her a hug.

“Years of practice!” Jade promised, her fingers hooked around the upper part of her bottle. “Short Shit! Is it possible that I could get a glass somewhere?” she asked Johnny, who had his back turned towards his friends, his eyes fixed upon the BBQ.

“Haner, can you help her out?” Johnny asked his friend, who had been cracking his third beer for the evening.

“Jade,” Brian announced, earning her attention, as he guided her inside the house.

“So you moved in with Michelle?” Jade asked, her heels drumming against Johnny’s floor, as she followed the dark-haired guitarist.

“Yeah,” he said, his dark eyes scanning the kitchen shelves. “She told me she’s having you guys over for the bachelorette party,”

“It’ll be really great! I can’t wait to see your home! Will and I went to see how things are coming down at our house here the other day. Hopefully we’ll be able to move in about a month,” she beamed happily.

“That’s cool. Michelle told me that you bought a house close to the beach?” he asked, meanwhile he handed her a wineglass and watched as she popped her bottle and filled her glass.

“We did!” Jade announced, filling her glass with her wine and offering him a taste in the process.

Brian soon brought the glass up to his lips and savoured the taste of white wine. He soon chuckled. “Of course you’re drinking sweet wine,”

“Ey!” Jade narrowed her eyes at him, watching as the smile on his lips grew bigger.

“Have you even tasted beer yet?” he wiggled his eyebrows at her, remembering how she had always avoided alcohol back in high school.

“If you keep going down this road, I will shove my fist in your face, Haner!” she warned him, tangling her fingers around her glass.

Brian chuckled. “You’re even more feisty now than back in high school,” he admitted, before Val paddled into the kitchen in order to grab some plates.

“Ah, my favourite high-school sweethearts!” the blonde announced, making the two of them flush.

“Jeez, Val. That’s like ages ago,” Brian told his friend, meanwhile he took small sips from his beverage.

“Oh, come on, Bri! Let me think about the days when we were young and foolish!” Val quipped.

“Who says Brian isn’t a fool now?” Zack sniggered from the door entrance, his fiancée right by his side.

“Oh, fuck off, Baker,” Brian said.

“This is just like the good old days!” Jimmy smirked, as his partner closely followed him.

“I really can’t imagine how it was to go to high school with these people,” Leana whimpered to Gena, who nodded in agreement.

“Must have been crazy days,” she agreed.

“Oh, honey. Crazy is an understatement!” Val giggled, as she paddled outside again, her hands carrying a couple of plates.

“It was the wildest days of my life,” Zack said, with his arm sneaking around the lower back on his girlfriend.

“You should be thankful that you didn’t know them,” Jade assured the women, meanwhile Brian poked her side.

“Shut up, Perez,” he laughed while shaking his head.

Soon all of them were gathered outside in Johnny’s patio, a variety of different alcoholic beverages decorating his table, as well as lots of barbecue food.

Two burgers and grilled cheese filled Jimmy’s plate, as the drummer tried to shove the massive burger into his mouth, feeling as though he was about to tear his jaw off of his body, meanwhile his partner watched with concern in her eyes.

“Babe, perhaps you should try to-” Jimmy waved his hand at Lea, refusing to take any advice.

“I can do it!” he insisted.

“I’m so glad some things never change,” Jade spoke to Val, who only chuckled at the sight of the drummer.

“Welcome home, sweetie,” the blonde squeezed Jade’s hand, before she returned to her drink.

“Jim, that’s not possible!” the caramel brown-haired woman told her boyfriend, as she was soon getting tired of seeing him try.

“I’ve done it before, Lea!” Jimmy assured his girlfriend, meanwhile he all but shoved the burger into his mouth, making the woman shook her head at him.

“It’s true though. One time when we were on the road, Jimmy ate a burger that was even bigger than that,” Zack told Leana.

“And how did that go?” her eyebrows climbed high on her forehead, meanwhile her partner kept shoving the food into his mouth, determined to get it all down.

“He was food poisoned for a week,” Val said to Lea, while she took a sip from her cider, watching as the brunette covered her mouth.

“But I still played every gig that fucking week!” Jimmy screeched, his mouth filled with food.

“How is that even possible?” this time it was Will who spoke out loud, as he had been observing the conversation for a little while. “I would’ve died!”

“That guy is not fucking human!” Matt said, pointing his meaty finger over at the grinning drummer.

“I’m immortal!” Jimmy announced, shoving more food down his throat.

“Jade’s told me some stories about you guys, but I honestly thought most of it had to be rubbish,” Will announced, his face merely scarlet, as his girlfriend looked over at him.

“You didn’t believe me?” she spoke with her eyebrows cocked.

“I’m sorry, love, but a lot of those stories sounded a little made up,” Will chuckled, caressing her thigh through the fabric of her trousers.

“Now you know that they’re all real!” Johnny told the dark-haired guy, meanwhile he pulled Lacey closer to him.

“Sadly,” Zack announced under his breath, as he got up from his seat and picked up a cigarette from the package he left on top of the table.

“That’ll be your last one, Baker!” Gena said sternly to her fiancée, as he went to lighten it up so place away from the group.

“Sure thing, babe!” the raven-haired guitarist responded, while he inhaled the scent of cigarette.

“Are you trying to make him stop before the wedding?” Jade asked, connecting her hand with Will’s.

“Yeah. He won’t be allowed to smoke on our big day,” Gena stated. “I won’t tolerate it,”

“Matt managed to quit, so I bet Zack can do it as well,” Valary commented, her eyes soon looking over at her husband.

“You quit?” Jade asked, genuinely surprised, as she was still used to seeing him with a cigarette between his fingers.

“I fucking did!” Matt beamed. “All the growling fucked with my voice, so I was told by our manager that I had to stop smoking,” he explained.

“Shit,” Jade let out, unable to hide how surprised she was.

“You’ve been away for way too long, Perez,” Johnny announced, shaking his head.

“Yeah, and you’re still as short as I remember,” she responded teasingly, watching as laughter erupted around the table.

“Snap!” Jimmy shrieked out loud, as he had not seen that one coming.

“You fucking bitch!” Johnny let out, making Jade laugh even harder.

“Johnny!” Lacey sneered.

“It’s okay, Lacey! I’ve known him for way too long,” Jade assured her.

“I can’t believe you went to high school with these people,” Will chuckled from his seat, as his girlfriend smiled brightly at him.

“One of us happened to be Jade’s first love, Willie,” Jimmy sniggered, a fresh cigarette resting between his lips.

“What? Seriously?” Will’s eyebrows climbed high on his forehead, before he looked over at Jade, who had to confirm the fresh information.

“Yup,” Jade nodded her head, her fingers grasping her wineglass.

“Who?” Will asked, looking around the table, trying to figure out who Jade could’ve been together with.

Brian brought his cigarette up to his lips, wondering what went through Will’s head at the moment. Why hadn’t Jade told him? The two of them had in fact been in touch for a couple of months before they lost contact, and it would in some weird way bug him if she met Will during that time.

“Have a guess!” Michelle beamed from her seat, leaning her head against Brian’s shoulder.

“It’s not any of the ladies, right?” Will asked his girlfriend, sounding completely serious, as she shook her head.

“And I don’t believe it’s Matt, because he’s been together with Val since First World War, right?” he asked again, pointing his finger at the only married couple, who both cracked with laughter.

“That’s one way of putting it,” the singer shrugged.

“That’s correct,” Jade nodded.

“It’s not Jimmy,” Will said, thinking loudly, as Jade chuckled a little.

“That’s also correct,”

“Johnny? No, he’s too young,” the British guy announced, once again causing laughter to fill the table.

“Fuck you, England!” the bassist groaned.

“Then it must be either Brian or Zack,” Will said.

“And which one do you think it is?” she asked, her eyebrows hanging high on her forehead.

Will glanced between the two of them. Zack didn’t exactly look like Jade’s kind of man. His hair was dark and just as pale as it had been in high school. Brian however had sun-kissed skin with well-defined cheekbones, something Will also had. He wouldn’t say that he was able to see himself in the guitarist, but it seemed more likely that Jade had dated him.

“I got it,” Will stated after a couple of minutes. “It’s obviously Brian,”

Brian chuckled out loud. He would’ve been almost offended if Will didn’t sort it out, and he could soon feel Michelle snuggle closer to his side.

“And why’s that?” Jade asked, enjoying this little game far too much.

“Isn’t that obvious? Brian kinda looks like Will!” Jimmy pointed out.

“What?” Val let out, unable to choke her outburst.

“What the fuck, babe?” Lea breathed out, wiggling her eyebrows at him.

“I mean, none of us look like that handsome fucker!” the drummer explained, this time pointing at Will.

“And Brian does?” Matt asked, his eyebrows high on his forehead.

“You ruined the game, Jimmy,” Jade announced, looking slightly uncomfortable.

“But we can play another one that’s better! Shots everybody!” the holy words left Jimmy’s lips, and Jade already knew that she was in for something bad.

Empty shot glasses filled the table. The sun had disappeared hours ago, just like Jade’s wine. The brunette watched as Jimmy refilled her shot glass, unable to tell him that she was not up for more, meanwhile everyone else grabbed theirs.

“What’s the matter, Jade? You guys didn’t drink vodka at Yale?” Val chuckled at the sight of her friend, who looked like she had had enough a long time ago.

“We did, she didn’t,” Will clarified, as everyone else hovered with laughter.

“Just like the old days!” Johnny announced, watching as his girlfriend tilted her head back and emptied her glass.

“You’ve been away for a long time, Perez! You need to step up your game! You can sleep when you’re dead!” the drummer half-slurred, everyone watching as the brunette emptied her glass and tried to shake off the nauseous sensation that filled her body due to the gross aftertaste.

“Okay, I’m gonna go and find something that can get rid of this nasty taste!” a drunk Jade announced, as she held unto the table, unsure if she was able to stand without doing so after all the vodka Jimmy had forced down her throat.

She stumbled her way into the kitchen, opening the fridge and inspecting it for a long time until she found a bottle of orange juice. The brunette then found a glass and filled it, stopping right before she spilled it over his counter.

“I can’t believe it,” Will chuckled from behind her. “One day back in Huntington and you drink more than you did during those six years in Connecticut,” he shook his head.

“What can I say? This place brings out the worst in me,” Jade smiled, raising her glass and saluting him, before she dropped her head back and allowed the sweet taste to chase away the disgusting one.

“You look very happy,” Will stated, his hands on her hips.

“I am happy,” she told him, lacing her arms around his neck.

Will soon pressed his girlfriend forward, letting his lips attack hers, as her knees weakened under him.

“I’m sorry!” Brian excused himself, as he was on the hunt for more shot glasses.

Jade soon stepped away, letting her old high school sweetheart cockblock the two of them, as he easily snatched the glass and backed off.

“Wait!” Jade urged, causing Brian to turn mute, as he was almost scared by the force from her voice.

“Come closer!” she said, wanting him to step closer to Will.

“I’m not going to say Jimmy was right, but damned, I can see where his coming from!” the brunette said, obviously too drunk to make this statement.

“We don’t look alike!” Brian argued.

“Well…” Jade trailed off. “You look like the rock star version of Will,” she confessed.

Most people would find this situation odd and not to mention uncomfortable, but Jade soon realized that she was too wasted to feel any of those feelings right now. Will only chuckled at her comment, as he had never seen her as happy and drunk before, and Brian couldn’t help but roll his eyes at her, barely recognizing the Jade he had been together with all those years ago.

The rest of the night went away quickly, as Jade’s memory turned more and more blurry by each shot that Jimmy handed her, which happened quite frequently. By the end of the night it became obvious that Jimmy and Jade were the ones that had been drinking the most, as Leana forced her partner to drink some water before they headed home, and Jade was at the verge of falling asleep in Will’s lap.

“She’s so cute,” Michelle chuckled from her seat, feeling just a little tipsy.

“And more shitfaced than ever before,” Will added.

“We’ve never seen her like this,” Val told him. “She didn’t drink back in high school,”

“She barely drank in college,” Will told them. “Well, aside from the first time we met though. She threw up at my shoes,” he said.

“She did what?” Zack cracked.

“Oh Jesus Christ,” Gena covered her mouth.

“And here I was, convinced that she was a saint,” Johnny shook her head.

“And you’re still together with her?” Matt added.

Will chuckled and nodded. “Love at first fright, I guess,”

“Sounds like Jade,” Michelle chuckled.

***

The couple made themselves comfortable in their new master bedroom, the sheets barely covering her bare hips, meanwhile she placed her head on his chest, listening to the sound of his heart.

“You sobered up,” he chuckled at her, letting his hand run freely down her bare back, sending shivers down her spine.

“Mhmm,” she hummed back, enjoying the sensation of his skin against hers.

“I like your friends,” he stated. “They’re… interesting,”

“That’s one way of saying it,” Jade chuckled. “I’m glad. They’re great,”

“They are indeed,” her partner agreed.

“Will?” the brunette looked up at him, her whiskey brown eyes crossing his.

The man cupped the side of her face, letting his thumb grace over the apple of her cheek, adoring the view of her.

“What is it, sweet?”

“You’re not mad that I didn’t tell you about Brian, right?” she asked, concern circling in her dark eyes.

“What? No, of course not!” he assured her, pecking her forehead. “But if you don’t mind me asking, why didn’t you tell me about it?” he asked softly.

Jade’s teeth sunk into her bottom lip, shifting in the bed and tugging her feet under her.

“We were together during the last year of high school, and tried to maintain the relationship when we separated our ways in college,” the brunette explained, feeling his gaze that rested on her.

“And that didn’t work?”

“It worked at the beginning. We would constantly phone each other and we were even able to see each other, but it all faded when Avenged blew up and I realized how hectic college was,” Jade admitted. “I was still in love with him, I mean, he was my first love, after all,” she shrugged.

“So you were just driven apart?” Will voiced at her, tangling his fingers with hers.

“Well, I went to see them when Avenged was playing in New York, and I had even messaged Val, knowing she was touring with them. I wanted to surprise Brian, but when I saw him, he was just not the same anymore,”

“How come?” he asked, caressing the top of her hand with his fingertip.

“I caught him with another woman, and sort of realized that I couldn’t just enter his life and believe everything was the same as before,” the brunette announced.

“God, Jade..” Will sighed.

“So after that night I made the call, and told Yale I wanted the internship. The offer was already on the table, I was just putting it on hold,” she shrugged.

“I’m so sorry, honey,” he said to her, tightening the grip around her hand.

“Don’t worry, Will. I’m not mad at him. We grew apart, and it was about time that I moved on as well,” Jade responded.

“But you’re not mad?”

“No, I could never be mad at him because of it. If I hadn’t seen it, I probably wouldn’t have gone to England and met you,” she smiled sweetly.

“I guess I’m the lucky one after all,” he chuckled, tugging her into his embrace.

“I guess you are,” Jade giggled, kissing his lips firmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Now yall know what happened between Brian and Jade! And look! Our favourite brunette is drunk! I love the fact that nothing's awkward between her and Brian, and there's no tension between him and Will. I think that's quite adorable tbh, but will that last forever? Mhhh. Leave a comment and find out!

3 comments = next update!