‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

A call

Jade was settled in the couch in the beach house she had been avoiding for nearly a month. On top of the coffee table rested a mug of chamomile tea, as well as her bare feet. The brunette had just gotten out of the shower, and was currently dressed in a black lace top along with a pair of long wildflower silk PJ pants.

She had yet not decided what to do the house she bought with the man she once considered to be the love of her life. She adored the beach house, and every single room inside it, but it was however too expensive for her to keep with her income from the hospital. Michelle had even offered to move in and help her, but Jade had turned down the offer, as she couldn’t handle living with her best friend in the house where she had slept with her fiancée.

The sudden sound of her phone caught her attention, as she soon found herself gazing at the sight of Brian’s name that flashed on top of her screen. The two of them had started to talk again after the incident at Matt and Val’s house.

“Hello, Haner.” she said, while running a hand through her hair.

The guys had hit the road two days ago, and during that time she’d received a lot of pictures of the guys checking out a variety of different bars.

“What’s up, Perez?” Brian sniggered, as she could hear the sound of beer glasses colliding into each other in the background.

“Absolutely nothing,” Jade commented, picking up her tea from the table. “I’m slacking in my old house.”

“The beach house? Have you sold it yet?” Brian asked, looking at his nearly empty package of cigarettes.

“Not yet. Haven’t even considered putting it out on the market yet,” Jade confessed. “How’s tour-life so far?”

“Oh, God,” Brian moaned. “Jimmy got so fucked up last night that he accidentally shit in his hotel bed,” the guitarist chuckled.

“Jesus Christ,” Jade let out. “What happened about taking care of him?” she said.

“Well, I tried.” Brian defended.

“But you were busy?” Jade cocked her eyebrows, as she had a theory on what had happened with him last night.

“Something like that.” he mumbled, sounding almost shyly about it.

“Bri, I can handle it,” she assured him. “We’re not together and I know about your reputation.”

“Right,” he responded while chewing on his bottom lip. “It was a bartender.” he revealed.

“Good for you.” Jade chuckled.

“Is Will coming over to pick up the rest of his things?” Brian asked, changing the topic, as he would rather not talk about his hook ups.

“I haven’t really talked to him about it,” Jade confessed. “Emma messaged me and told me he would.”

“Emma? His sister?” Brian chuckled a little.

“Yeah,” Jade confirmed. “Michelle offered to watch him take his stuff, sparing me for the experience.” she said.

“That’s nice of her.” Brian mumbled.

“It is. I think I’m gonna let her deal with him.” Jade mumbled.

“She did quite a good job last time.” he snickered.

“I know I should probably face him, considering he was my boyfriend for nearly two years.” Jade expressed thoughtfully.

“Jade, you don’t have to that. You don’t owe him anything, especially not after how badly he fucked up.” Brian assured her.

“I hope you’re right.” Jade pressed her lips together, glancing at the chandelier that hung from the ceiling.

“I’m always right.” he smirked.

“God, you’re awful!” she groaned a little.

“That’s not what the bartender from last night said.” he told her.

“Okay, that’s enough. I’m gonna leave and treat my damaged ears with some Netflix.” Jade announced.

“Tell the guys I said hi.” she added.

“Oh, you really shouldn’t have said that.” Brian chuckled, as Jimmy all but snatched the phone out of his hand, thrilled to see Jade’s name on the screen.

“Perez!” Jimmy screeched, his high-pitched voice taking her by surprise, meanwhile she played with the hem of her tank top.

“Jimmy! How are you?” she asked, even though she could already imagine that he was very hangover.

“Fucked up, but great!” Jimmy retorted, making himself comfortable on Brian’s bed.

“Jimmy, I swear to fucking God… if you shit in my bed…” Brian trailed off, rubbing his fingertips against his temple.

“You’ve probably done worse things here already!” Jimmy objected.

“Guys!” Jade announced, reminding the drummer that the brunette was still on the phone.

“Baby! How are you?”

“I’m doing well! Lea is coming over to give me some company!” she told him.

“That fucking woman! I miss her!” Jimmy groaned under his breath. “How’s she?”

“Aren’t you calling her like every day?” Jade cocked her eyebrows at him.

“Of course I am! I just wanted you to confirm that she’s okay too.” Jimmy snickered, which made Jade shake her head at him.

“You’re horrible,” Jade chuckled. “She’s doing great! Everyone is, to be honest.”

“Awesome! Johnny misses Lacey so much it’s fucking nasty.”

“Oh, please! Spare me the details!” Jade pleaded.

“Jimmy, can I get her now?” Brian asked, a new cigarette darting from his lips, meanwhile his hand was demanding his phone.

“I wanna talk to Jade!” Jimmy protested. “She’s my friend too!”

“There’s enough of me for everyone!” Jade responded rather dramatically.

The drummer’s attention was soon brought somewhere else as his phone started buzzing, and he saw a picture of Lea and a giant beer on top of his screen.

“Bae is calling! I’ll leave you with fuckface here!” Jimmy said, almost throwing Brian’s phone back to him, before he grabbed his own and sashayed out of the room.

“Well, hello, again.” Brian chuckled, tapping the cigarette over the ashtray on the balcony.

“I assume that was Lea who called him?” Jade guessed.

“Yup. I think everyone misses the girls.” he admitted.

“Yeah, I can imagine. How does it feel to be the only single one left?” Jade chuckled, driving her hand through her hair.

“Great! I get all the groupies!” Brian told her.

“Is that something new?” she cocked her eyebrows at his comment.

“Eat shit, Perez.” Brian flipped her off.

“Will do. Have fun,” he smirked.

“You too, Haner. Don’t get too shitfaced!” Jade added at last, before the two of them hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

They're talking, ya'll!!! This is just a little filler, but no worries! I have lots of chapters waiting for you, so you only need to let me know what you think!

I've been having an idea for a new story - I was thinking some 5FDP + Avenged tour-story, but what do you think? Let me know!