‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Breakfast

Jade let out a groan, as she stepped outside. The ground was covered in a thick layer of ice and frost, and snowflakes darted from the grey sky. The brunette drove her cold hands into the wide pockets of her ember wool-blend coat that she had tied tightly around her waist. She was dressed in a warm knitted sweater and white pants, and around her shoulder was her dark vintage purse.

“God, it’s so cold here!” Lea let out, tightening the scarf that was tugged around her neck.

“Why did they have to play in Anchorage?” Lacey whined, pressing her gloved hands together.

“You guys don’t get to complain! Try touring in fucking Norway!” Valary told the women, meanwhile she tried to search for an available cab.

All six of them had decided to surprise the guys during their time in Anchorage, as the guys would soon be heading off to Europe for a week. Even Michelle had decided to tag along, as she missed her friends and could really need a couple of days off work.

After a five hours flight and a drive to the hotel, Michelle and Jade were settled in their hotel room. The women would be staying in Anchorage for two days with the guys, and the two single women were already aware that they would barely be able to see the guys during their time in the cold state.

“I can’t believe how cold it is here.” Michelle stated, her palms buried in her mattress.

“I’m a little offended no one suggested that we could visit them in Europe,” Jade commented, meanwhile she placed her hands close to the oven, waiting for the warmth to radiate towards her skin.

“You know how much Lacey hates to be away from America.” Michelle pointed out.

The brunette soon grabbed the remoter from the nightstand and switched through the different channels, before Jade decided to plump down on her bed as well.

“I can’t believe we haven’t been in other states together.” Jade commented from her seat, propping herself on her elbow.

“I know! That’s wicked,” Michelle quipped. “We should go on vacation together!” the brunette suggested.

“You want that?” Jade asked, somewhat taken aback.

“Yeah,” Michelle nodded. “We don’t have to go right away. I know you have a lot of shit going down with the house and stuff, but it would be cool to do it one time.”

“I agree.” Jade smiled brightly at her friend.

A faint knock fell against their door, as the two brunettes looked over at it. Lea’s voice soon rang from the other side, meanwhile Michelle pushed herself off of the bed and paddled towards the door.

“Michy! Perez! The guys are downstairs!” Lea half-sang, a wicked grin cupping her lips, almost identical to Jimmy’s.

“They have no idea, right?” Michelle asked, snatching her purse from the bed and looking through it.

“Nope!” the brunette bounced. “So get your asses out of here! We have an awesome day ahead of us!” Lea promised.

The three women soon left the hotel room, and stalked towards the elevator. Lacey was still running late, meanwhile Val and Gena were hiding in the lobby, scared that their partners would spot them as they waited for the other girls to arrive.

“I can’t wait to see Jimbo!” Lea exclaimed, her hand resting against her chest.

“Love is in the air.” Michelle sniggered to her fellow single friend.

“Oh, tell me about it.” Jade mouthed, rolling her eyes.

“You should really take advantage of this trip and have some fun.” Leana suggested to her friends.

“By fun, you mean fucking around?” Michelle cocked her eyebrows at the other brunette.

“Call it what you want. Let loose a little!” she said, nudging her friend.

“One night stands are so beneath me,” Jade commented. “I didn’t drag myself out to Alaska for a hook up.”

“Oh, come on, Perez!” Lea let out, wrapping her arms around the brunette’s shoulders. “After a couple of shots, you’ll find it very interesting.” she assured her.

“We’ll see about that.” Jade chuckled, as the three of them stepped out the elevator and slowly shuffled towards

They soon skipped down the hall, their eyes searching for Valary and Gena, who they spotted at the end of the hall, both of them looking as thrilled as ever.

“Good God! There you are!” Gena announced when her eyes glanced over at the three women.

“They’re just outside the lobby,” Val smirked. “I swear to God, they're beyond pissed. Larry's been forcing them to stay here for almost an hour.” the blonde giggled.

“I’m actually really impressed.” Jade expressed, her grey coat resting in her arm.

“God damned, where’s Lacey?” Gena hissed underneath her breath.

“Running late.” Lea said to her, meanwhile Gena rolled her eyes.

“Of course she is.” she shook her head.

“Okay, but we have to go!” Gena insisted, her sparkling eyes already looking over at her husband, who had made himself comfortable in the armchair.

The sound of the elevator soon echoed in the back of their heads, as a dark-haired woman stepped out of it.

“I’m so sorry I’m late!” Lacey uttered.

“Come on!” Leana laced their hands together and pulled the raven-haired woman along, as they all stepped into the lobby.

“SURPRISE!” the six women all yelled together, meanwhile they watched as the guys turned around and went from all grumpy looking to completely speechless.

“V-Val?” Matt stuttered, immediately getting up on his feet while rubbing his eyes.

“Baby?” Jimmy quipped, obviously still a little intoxicated by the alcohol he had had yesterday.

“What the hell are you girls doing out here?” Zack mumbled, before his wife all but threw herself into his arms.

“We wanted to see you.” Gena smirked, as she felt his big palms rest against her lower back. Gena soon laced her arms around his neck and buried her face in the crook of his neck, sucking up the scent of Zack’s expensive cologne.

“God, I’ve missed your voice.” Zack half-groaned under his breath.

“It’s only been two weeks, babe,” Gena chuckled against his skin, tickling him.

“That’s a whole eternity.” he moaned, driving her further into his embrace.

Leana immediately tackled her boyfriend, almost causing Jimmy to stumble off of his feet. The brunette hooked her arms around his neck and rose to her feet in order to connect their lips together.

“Sweet! I’ve missed you so fucking much!” Lea exclaimed, not caring about the people that glared at them, as the couple engaged in a tight embrace.

“Baby, you too!” Jimmy quipped back. “You smell so fucking good!” he dropped underneath his breath.

“That’s because you barely shower, fucker.” Seward commented, as his friend waved his middle finger at him.

“Johnny!” his girlfriend hissed at him, before she nudged her boyfriend. “Get over here and give me a kiss.” she all but demanded, a cheek smile curving her pinkish lips, as Johnny did as he was told.

“I’ve missed your voice,” the bassist sniggered, feeling her body pressed firmly against his.

“I’ve missed yours as well.” Lacey muffled.

Michelle and Jade looked at one another, not entirely sure where to place their gazes, as all of their friends were happily embracing one another.

“I can’t believe I used to be like that.” Michelle whispered to the brunette.

“Same.” Jade shook her head and wrapped an arm around her friend.

Her dark eyes soon glanced over at Brian, who had been seeing the exact same scenario as the two women. The guitarist rubbed his index finger against his temple, obviously too tired and hungover. He soon got to his feet and drove his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket.

“Haner?” Jade crossed her arms over her chest, still holding unto her winter coat, meanwhile the guitarist glanced up.

“Perez. I didn’t expect to see you here.” he admitted, while walking up to her.

Brian soon noticed Michelle as well, who gently avoided his gaze and instead walked over to her twin. He swallowed, and then looked over at Jade, who gently placed her hand against his arm.

“Let it go.” she voiced softly.

Brian only nodded, as he knew he shouldn’t expect anything else from her. Michelle had the right to be mad and she had the right to never forgive him for what he did.

“You look like hell.” Jade stated, chuckling a little, as he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Well, fuck you too, Perez.” Brian said, before she pulled him in for a hug, taking him by surprise.

The guitarist soon circled his arms around her slim waist and greeted her into his embrace. The sweet smell of her lingered under his nose, and he suddenly realized how much he had missed her.

“Jeez, when was the last time you had a shower?” she tilted her head back and wrinkled her nose at him.

“God, you’re awful!” Brian shook his head and let out another chuckle.

“That’s me." she shrugged, a slick smile curving her glossy lips.

“Okay, Haner, move the fuck away!” Jimmy all but demanded, as he swept Jade off the floor and started to spin her around in his arms.

“Jimmy!” Jade all but shrieked out loud, almost forgetting that they were standing in the middle of a hotel lobby.

“Put her down!” Lea cried out, as she saw how her boyfriend spun Jade around as though she was a little doll.

“It’s so good to see ya'll!” Matt exclaimed, his arm wrapped around the torso of his wife.

“How long are you staying here?” Zack asked, while Jimmy finally let go of Jade.

“Two days,” Val announced. “It was difficult enough to drag Jade out of the hospital, so we won’t be staying for too long,” the blonde said. “Larry told me it went well with your schedule.”

“Of course you were in touch with Larry,” Matt chuckled, shaking his head. “You’re crazy.”

“Of course I am,” Valary shrugged, smiling as she hugged her husband. “Come on, Matt. We ordered a room for each of us.” his wife smirked.

“God, that’s what I like to hear!” he groaned under his breath.

Jade watched as the married couple waved goodbyes at their friends, obviously in the mood to spend some time on their own, as they stalked towards the elevator. Johnny and Lacey soon followed them, along with Gena and Zack.

“I can’t believe I flew all the way out here in order to be left behind!” Jade half-groaned, as she saw her friends disappear inside the elevator.

“I’m sorry, boo.” Lea pecked her cheek, before she laced fingers with Jimmy.

“We’re gonna leave you fuckers as well!” Jimmy snickered. “I want a drink, babe.” he told his favourite brunette.

“Let’s find a bar, sweet.” Leana suggested, snuggling closer to his side, before the last couple took off as well, leaving Michelle, Brian and Jade behind.

“Okay,” Brian muttered under his breath, turning towards the two women he never thought he would be left alone with again in his life. “What are your plans?”

“I have a crazy jet-leg, so I’m gonna go and take a nap,” Michelle announced. “I’ll see you later, sweet.” the brunette said to Jade, giving her hand a soft squeeze before she walked over to the elevator.

“I guess it’s just you and me then.” Brian muffled, his hands resting inside the pockets of his leather jacket again.

“Yeah.” Jade nodded.

A loud groan soon arrived from Jade’s stomach, as she realized that she had gone way too long without eating. Her last meal had been at the airport in California, which meant that it had been nearly seven hours since last time she treated herself with something to eat.

“Jeez,” Brian chuckled at the sound of her empty stomach. “I assume you’d like to eat something?” he cocked his eyebrows at her.

“Are you kidding me?” Jade voiced. “I’m starving,” she announced. “Take me to the nearest diner.”

“You got it, ma’am.” he saluted, before the two of them made their way out of the lobby.

Jade’s hands were buried inside the pockets of her coat, meanwhile her bag was slung over her shoulder. It had been years since last time she witnessed this much snow. Her black tassels sunk into the snow-covered ground, and the cool wind sent shivers down her spine.

“Fuck, it’s too cold!” Brian cried out, as she noticed how the tip of his aristocratic nose was red.

“Tell me about it. We’ve been complaining about it all day.” she told him, chuckling a little, meanwhile she followed the man like a little puppy.

“Sounds like you.” he dropped teasingly, before he opened the door, a little bell echoing through the almost empty diner, as he held the door for her.

“I’m way too hungry to handle your teasing right now.” Jade warned him, meanwhile she unbuttoned the buttons on her coat and slid into a booth. She freed herself from her jacket and then placed her leather back on top of the red couch.

“I’ve never seen anything as American as this.” Brian chuckled, as he too slipped out of his leather jacket and then rested his elbows on top of the table.

“Good morning!” an old lady announced, while she shuffled towards her two guests. The old lady was dressed in a blue collar dress and in her hands rested the menu. “My name is Catherine, and I’m gonna be your waitress today. Here’s the menu, so I’ll just leave you for a couple of minutes.” the woman smiled brightly.

“Thank you so much.” Jade smiled at the woman, before she watched as she took off.

The two of them sat in silence, only interrupted by the barging sound of Jade’s angry stomach, as they scanned through the menu peacefully. Jade had to admit that everything at this point sounded delicious, as she hadn’t eaten in way too long. The brunette glanced up at Brian from the corner of her eye, who looked like he had already decided as he leaned back and laced his tattooed fingers together.

After a couple of minutes their thrilled waitress returned, this time bringing a piece of paper and a pen along with her, as she looked at her tired and hungry customers.

“What can I get for you, darling?” she asked, looking over at the brunette.

“I’ll have a plate of pancakes with some syrup and blueberries, a black coffee with milk and a large strawberry milkshake.” Jade ordered, watching as the waitress’ pen ran over her paper.

“And for you?”

“I’ll have a breakfast burger with extra bacon on top, a black coffee and a chocolate milkshake.” Brian smiled, drumming his fingers against the table, before the waitress smiled at them and grabbed their menus from the table.

“Are you seriously gonna dig into that much food?” he sniggered at the brunette, who had just shoved her phone back into her purse.

“Haner, I'm starving! Of course I can!” she argued.

“We’ll see.” he chuckled.

“I’ll whip that shit-eating grin of yours off your face, just watch me!” Jade pointed a finger at the man who sat across from her, as he only sniggered at her.

“It’s so nice to spend my early morning with such a kind and welcoming person like you, Perez.” Brian dropped teasingly, as she rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m starving. It drives me crazy, you know that.” she reminded him.

“Yeah, I remember.” he chuckled, before he rested his chin in his hand.

“How’s tour been so far?” she asked, resting her hands in her lap.

“Crazy. Our fans are so fucking nuts, you have no idea.” Brian told her, scratching the back of his head.

“I can imagine. I assume they like your new album?” she smirked, her glossy lips brightening up her face.

“They sure do,” Brian sniggered back. “Which is fucking awesome, considering how much Jimmy's been working on it."

“Of course he has,” Jade chuckled a little. “He’s so dedicated.” the brunette voiced.

“Yeah, that guy’s out of his mind.” Brian shook his head, just as he saw the waitress draw close to their table.

“Here you go, sweetheart,” the old woman announced happily, meanwhile she placed Jade’s meal in front of her, followed by her coffee and milkshake. “Let me just get your order, honey!” the old woman said to Brian.

Jade could feel the smile that curved her lips as she saw the tower of pancakes in front of her, topped with berries and lots of syrup that sailed down the pancakes. She soon filled her coffee with some milk and spun her spoon around, meanwhile the waitress left Brian’s order in front of him. The guitarist’s thin lips embraced the straw, taking a large swig from him chocolate milkshake, before he started digging into his burger.

The two of them ate in silence. Jade filled her mouth frequently with food, as the syrup sailed down her throat. The combination of berries and pancakes delighted her mouth, as did the milkshake she drowned her food with.

“Jesus. How come you be so tiny and eat that much?” Brian sniggered at her, as he had been eyeing her for quite some time.

The brunette was halfway through her meal when she looked up at him and noticed the cheeky grin that played on his lips.

“I’m blessed.” Jade shrugged, her mouth still loaded with pancakes.

“Sure are.” he responded, as he stuffed his mouth with the little fries that were left on his nearly empty plate.

“God, that was so good!” Jade half-moaned with one hand resting on her stomach. Her dark eyes looked at the plate in front of her that was only covered in a thin line of syrup. Her milkshake had been drowned, as well as her coffee.

“Yeah, I needed that.” Brian agreed, while slurping from what was left of his milkshake.

“I guess you guys had a rough night?” Jade wiggled her eyebrows at him.

“If you only knew,” he chuckled back. “You know how Jimmy gets when alcohol is mentioned.”

“Oh, I do,” Jade giggled. “What do you wanna do now?” she asked, fishing for her wallet, as the waitress had noticed that the two of them had finished their meals.

“I’ll pay for that.” Brian announced, leaving a couple of bills on top of the table and some extra coins for the waitress.

“Brian…” Jade looked at him. “I can pay for my own meal.”

“I know,” he stated. “But I wanna pay for this one. You can buy me a drink later.” he offered.

Jade only shook her head, as the waitress arrived to their table. “Aw, he’s paying? That man’s a keeper, let me tell you!” the old waitress smirked at Jade, who could feel the warmth that crept towards her cheeks.

Brian smirked mischievously at the brunette, who soon snatched her coat and slipped into it. She avoided his satisfied look all the way out of the diner, as she didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of seeing how awkward she got by the lady’s comment.

As the two of them emerged into the cold street again, Brian fished for a cigarette that he soon lit up. The smell of Marlboro lingered under her nose, as she saw how the man inhaled a long drag, while he used his index finger in order to tap the ash off from his smoke.

“I can’t believe you tattooed the name of the label on your knuckles.” Jade shook her head, her hand seizing his free one and glancing over at the tattooed letters on his fingers.

“I was drunk as fuck when I did that.” Brian told her.

“Of course you were.” she sniggered.

“Are you gonna tell me you never got the tattoo you told me you wanted?” he cocked his eyebrows at her, and then took another drag from his smoke.

“The one I wanted in order to rebel against my parents? No, it didn’t happen,” she confessed. “You would’ve seen it by now.” she dropped.

Brian suddenly looked at her, somewhat confused, as he pressed his thin lips together. Jade cleared his throat, realizing what she had just said, before she shook her head.

“Forget that!” she urged.

“Yeah,” Brian sighed, wanting to shake the awkward tension off of them. “What do you wanna do now? Aren’t you tired?” he asked, realizing that she had been traveling a lot.

“I’m exhausted, but I don’t wanna wake Michelle. She didn’t sleep the entire flight.” Jade announced.

“Look, if you want to, you can borrow my hotel bed.” Brian offered.

“Bri,” Jade sighed. “I don’t think that’s a smart move. I don’t wanna give anyone the wrong impressions.” she confessed.

“No, I get it,” he nodded his head, before he stumped on his cigarette. “What do you wanna do then? I have sound check in six hours.” Brian said.

“You can have the honour of showing me around,” Jade smirked. “I think you owe me.”

“That would be a pleasure.” Brian chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Update!! And this time it's a long one! I already have the next chapter written, and I can tell you that thee's something to look forward to! Let me know what you think in the comments! You guys are amazing!