‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Misery loves company

Jade could feel the thick lump in her throat as she knocked on the door, listening to sound of toilet flushing in the background. She had given Michelle a couple of hours to collect herself after the incident in the diner, and now she knew that they had to talk.

She drummed her fingers against the blue wall, her manicured lips scratching over the wall paint, meanwhile she could hear the sound of footsteps emerge from the other side of the door.

Michelle soon unlocked the door, her fingers grasping the door handle, as she faced the other brunette.

“Hi,” Jade whimpered, watching as Michelle paddled back into the room, letting her roommate close the door behind her. “Can we talk?” she voiced softly.

Michelle didn’t respond, as she sat down in the bed. “Yeah.” she mumbled.

“Michelle, I’m so sorry…” Jade sighed heavily, unable to know where to start.

“I know you are,” Michelle said. “It just hurts so much.” she admitted.

“Do you want me to stop hanging out with him?” the brunette suggested. “You know I would do it. I’d do anything in order to make things right again.”

“No, I can’t tell you whom you can and can’t see,” Michelle shook her head, tears filling her eyes. “It just sucks to see you with him, Jade, when I can’t even look at him again.”

“I’m sorry.” Jade whimpered, soon getting over to Michelle’s bed and placing her arms around her body.

“I really am.”

“I loved him, fuck, I think I still do.” Michelle confessed.

“Michy…” Jade sighed again.

“I’m so fucking ridiculous.” the brunette cracked between Jade’s arms, as the brunette instantly pulled her friend into her chest.

“No, you’re not. You were supposed to get married. Of course you still love him. You can’t just turn your feelings off when they become too much, it doesn’t work that way,” Jade told her, running her fingers through her hair. “But I promise you that you will get through this. Maybe not right now, but soon.”

The two women stayed like this for a while. Michelle’s tears kept soaking her cheeks, ruining the little makeup she was wearing, and Jade kept running her fingers through her friend’s hair, hoping that she could at least give her some comfort.

“You know what?” Michelle muttered. “I wanna get really drunk tonight.”

“You got really drunk last night,” Jade chuckled.

“I know, but I wanna get obliviously shitfaced!” Michelle announced. “And I wanna get myself a stupid one nightstand and forget everything that’s hurting me.” the brunette went on.

“You go!” Jade giggled at her friend. “I think I’m gonna stay here in the hotel room,” she confessed.

“What? No! The fuck you are!” Michelle freed herself from Jade’s grip and looked at her. “You’re not gonna spend our last night with the guys all by yourself!”

“Michelle, I don’t wanna cause any problems.” Jade sighed.

“Baby, you’re not! Please!” the other brunette insisted. “Besides, you know Jimmy won’t let you stay here all yourself. At some point he will kidnap you!” Michelle pointed out.

Jade giggled at the idea of it. She knew Michelle was somewhat right. It was very likely that Jimmy would force her downstairs if she tried to hide in her room, and she knew he would not hesitate but throw her over his shoulders and run down the hall.

“Come on, J,” Michelle whispered, taking her hands in hers. “You can’t be miserable all by yourself.”

“Misery loves company.” Jade sniggered back.

“Oh, come on!” her friend rolled her eyes at her. “You spend so much time at that freakin’ hospital that it sucks the life out of you! You’re coming with me!” Michelle all but demanded.

“Okay, fine.” Jade gave in, knowing her friend wouldn’t have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, beautiful readers!!! This is really short update, but I already have the next chapter ready for ya'll! Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and recommending the sequel! You guys are the BEST!

I also have my new story up, as I mentioned last time. Check it out The Only Thing I Want