‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

That woman

Jade stood by her luggage, her fingers wrapped around the handle of her trunk, meanwhile she watched as the couples said their goodbyes.

Jimmy looked like he was about to either tear up or throw Lea over his shoulder and kidnap her to Europe. Gena was wrapped up in her husband’s embrace, and Lacey and Johnny couldn’t keep their hands to themselves.

“I love you so much, baby.” Val voiced to Matt, who was already tearing up.

“You too, darling, you too,” the singer responded, as he wrapped his arms around his wife and placed his chin on top of her head. “Take care of yourself, okay?”

“I will. You too! We’re gonna miss you.” the blonde woman said, placing his palm against her bump, and watching as the man’s eyes brimmed with tears.

“I’m gonna miss you two!” he said, his voice husky, before he brought his lips against Val’s.

“You too, baby,” Val chuckled, finding it both adorable and painful to say goodbye to her beloved husband. “Make us proud, sweet.”

“Always!” Matt promised, and then pulled her in for another hug.

“They make me sick.” Michelle said to her best friend, who only sniggered back.

“I can’t believe you’re about to become an aunt!” Jade let out, as she knew all too well how old it made Michelle feel.

“Oh, fuck you!” the other brunette nudged Jade, frowning at her rather angrily.

“It’s gonna be awesome!” Jade reassured her and then wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“I know, but God! I feel so old!” Michelle let out. “Matt shouldn’t have knocked up my sister now! He should’ve kept it in his pants for a little longer!”

“Ey!” Valary snapped at her sister. “We can hear you!”

“I know you can!” Michelle responded, sticking her tongue out, as Valary made a face at her.

Jade chuckled at the two of them, as nothing seemed to change, regardless of the fact that they did turn older every year. The brunette soon allowed her eyes to wander off to Brian, who was enjoying a cigarette by himself. Both Zack and Lea had tried to converse with the guy, but both had been turned down as Brian was obviously not in a good mood today.

Jade frowned a little at the thought of it. He had been avoiding Jade all morning, ever since she turned him down at the bar yesterday, and it was bugging her.

What the hell is his problem?

She had been doing a lot of progress with Michelle lately, and she was still trying to recover after the accident. The last thing she needed and wanted, was Brian to start fucking things up again. The last thing she could take was Brian screwing Michelle over, and he knew that all too well.

Brian tapped the end of his cigarette. It was his second smoke that morning. The guitarist placed it between his lips, inhaling as much as he could, as he then parted his lips and blew the smoke out. Brian watched as his mates said their goodbyes with their lovers. He chuckled a little as he noticed how sappy Matt turned, something he always did every time he had to say goodbye to Val.

The dark-haired guitarist then looked over at Michelle, who was currently wrapping her arms tightly around Jimmy’s neck, waiting for the drummer to pick her up and spin her around. The sound of Michelle’s laughter reached his ears, and as she was settled down to the ground again, he couldn’t help but feel the guilt pinch the pit of his stomach.

She's a fucking champ, he thought to himself.

Sometimes he forgot how badly he had screwed up when he let her escape what was supposed to be the best day of her life. Sometimes he didn’t think about how much pain and suffer she’d gone through, and how he had shattered the heart she’d given to him out of pure love.

Seeing Michelle now – back to work again, laughing with her friends and even willingly talking to Brian, was something that really surprised him. It was something that genuinely scared him, because he was reminded of that her strength was a lot greater than his.

Brian’s eyes soon turned to Jade. The brunette kissed Zack’s cheek and then demanded a hug from the dark-haired guitarist. The petite woman almost disappeared inside Zack’s embrace, and it automatically brought a smile unto Brian’s thin lips.

Jade looked amazing. Her hair was tied up into her signature ponytail and most of her body was covered in a big coat. The woman looked slightly taller in her heels, and even without makeup she still looked gorgeous and precious.

God, I fucking love that woman.

Brian soon frowned a little at his own thought. Did he love Jade? Parts of him would, without hesitation, claim that he did. They had been friends for years, and she was obviously one of the best things that had ever happened to him. On the other hand, love was such a scary word and claiming that he loved her suddenly felt so inappropriate.

Brian would be lying if he tried to convince himself that Jade wasn’t the big love of his life, but that had been years ago. When she went to Yale, he developed another lifestyle that she would never accept. After a couple of years on the road, he had been convinced that Michelle was his love, and at that point he had also claimed that Jade was just a high-school sweetheart.

But was that true? Had Jade been a childish love that didn’t matter anymore? Did he love her like a friend today?

The idea scared him. He had been thinking about it a lot lately, and he still hadn’t managed to find a proper answer. Parts of him wanted to believe that Jade wasn’t the love of his life and that he was very capable of jumping into another relationship if he wanted to. Other parts of him argued that if Jade wasn’t the love of his life, he wouldn’t have cheated on his own fiancée with her.

“Hey, you.” Michelle voiced, snapping the guitarist out of his own thoughts.

“Hi.” Brian responded, speaking with the cigarette dangling from his lips.

“I just wanted to say sorry for all the drama here the other day. I love Jade and I love you, and I know you guys wouldn’t hurt me again.” she admitted, her hands resting inside the pockets of her jacket.

“Yeah,” Brian shrugged. “Don’t think about it.”

“Well, I won’t anymore,” Michelle giggled softly. “Good luck on the rest of your tour, Bri. Take care of the guys, especially Matt.” she added.

“Will do, ma’am!” Brian saluted. “Take care of Val, or else it’ll be hard to take care of our singer.”

“That’s a promise.” she smiled.

Michelle soon took Brian by surprise as she pulled him in for a hug. The sweet scent of her darted into his nostrils, causing him to lose a hold of his cigarette, as he soon returned the hug by placing his arms around her back.

The women soon gathered up. Lacey and Gena were comforting one another, as they still couldn’t handle moments like these. Michelle was currently complaining about the awful headache she had and the bad sex she got yesterday. Jade was giggling at her best friend, her arm linked with hers, meanwhile she was avoiding the way Brian was looking at her. Meanwhile Michelle was whining, Val got another lecture from her husband about how important it was that she stayed away from drugs, and Lea and Jimmy were still fooling around.

Jade soon crossed eyes with Brian, feeling his dark orbs rest on her, which they had been for a while now. A shiver ran down her spine, as she could see the way he was looking at her. Jade was still furious beyond belief after last night’s events, and at this point she was almost determined that she would never speak to Brian ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, beautiful readers! I know it's been a long time! I have no good excuse other than the fact that I've been busy with other stories. Now I've written more chapters on this one, so please let me know what you think and how YOU want things to turn out!