‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Mrs Baker

The sound of the organ greeted their ears, as everyone in the church got to their feet, Jade’s stomach dropping at the sight of Gena, who was companied by her father down the aisle.

Gena’s hair had been curled and was slipping down her exposed back. The dress she was wearing was dramatic, the skirt covered in different layers that were all decorated by a flower pattern at the end, along with gorgeous crystals that had been attached into the fabric. The dress was being held up by thin straps, and her chest looked magnificent in the flower pattern and the crystals that made her look like a shining star.

“She looks gorgeous,” Jade whimpered to her boyfriend, as she had only seen the dress in pictures.

“You’re so sappy at weddings,” Will chuckled, circling his arm around her waist, feeling the fabric of her golden sequined tul dress.

“And the bridesmaids!” Jade voiced in awe, looking over at Val, Michelle, Lacey and Lea, who were wearing the same white full length gown with a plunging v-neck that complimented their chests.

Zack looked like a kid in a candy store, his green eyes looking hungrily over at his fiancée, meanwhile she lifted the skirt of her dress and walked up the marvel staircase, letting go of her father.

The rest of the audience found their earlier spots, Jade still holding unto Will’s hand, meanwhile she tried to blink away the tears that bugged her eyes. All of the guys had found their spots, as they were dressed in matching suits.

“Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish,” the priest spoke, standing behind the bride and the groom that couldn’t stop smiling at one another, both of them unable to grasp that they were finally getting married.

Jade watched the ceremony with an intense gaze, studying the love that lingered over the couple, meanwhile they announced their vows. Gena had both of her hands in Zack’s, as Lea was holding unto the bouquet.

“I then announce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest said, a sincere smile covering his lips, meanwhile Zack groaned out loud: “Finally!”

The raven-haired man pushed his wife towards him, holding her in his embrace, meanwhile he kissed her deeply. He soon swept her off her feet, carrying her, meanwhile his wife squealed in his grasp.

“Zack!” she laughed, unable to hide the smile that covered half of her face.

Applause broke loose from the crowd, as everyone got to their feet again, and watched meanwhile Zack carried his wife down the aisle, leaving everyone behind.

***

The entire table hovered with laughter, as Brian allowed the crowd to laugh at the tales he told about the couple. The man had been stressing all week about this speech, unable to find the appropriate words to describe their relationship.

“So, as you may understand, there’s been one hell of a ride with this man,” Brian continued, his slick smile curling along his thin lips, meanwhile he looked over at the newly married couple. “And that day Gena walked into his life, he hasn’t been able to shut up about her. Before none of us even met her, we already knew her zodiac sign, shoe size, favourite dinner and the fact that her biggest guilty pleasure is Twilight,” he said, once again listening to the sound of laughter that filled the venue.

“But meanwhile I learned all these crazy and obsessive things about Gena, I also learned that she makes my best friend happy. She gets him going no matter how tough it is, and she’s always able to put him together when I’m convinced that he’s about to lose his shit. Now, I don’t know about you guys, but if that doesn’t convince you that these people are made for another, I don’t know what can,”

“So let’s finish off this speech before I embarrass our newly wedded couple even more. You guys are amazing beyond belief, and I’m so humbled to have you two in my life. It’s so inspiring to see how you guys thrive in order to get through life, and how you’re always helping each other out. May you have the best marriage in the world, and know that we love and cherish the two of you!” Brian saluted, rising his glass of champagne, meanwhile everyone got to their feet and showered him in a loud and cheering applause.

“You’re one crazy fucker, Haner!” Zack Baker screeched from his seat, waving his middle finger at his best man, who only winked playfully at him.

“Love you too, V,” Brian smirked, before he returned to his seat next to Michelle.

“You did amazing, baby,” she told him, connecting their fingers and pecking the corner of his lips.

“Fuck, that was even more scary than playing a gig,” he admitted to his girlfriend, who patted his thigh.

“You did great, Brian!” Lacey told him, enjoying her new glass of red wine.

“Thanks, L,” Brian smiled sincerely at her.

A slow beat started playing, meanwhile the bride and the groom moved towards the dance floor, hand in hand with their gaze settled upon one another. Zack placed his hand at her back, feeling her soft skin against his fingers, meanwhile she laced her arms around his neck and stepped closer, the two of them moving slowly.

The crowd gathered around them, everyone looking in awe, as they looked so adorable. Zack looked mesmerized, and Gena was unable to clean the bright smile off of her lips.

“Gena Baker. Can you believe how that sounds?” Zack said to his wife, feeling how her fingers played with the hair in the back of his neck.

“God, say it again,” she all but moaned.

“Gena Baker,” he snickered, drawing closer to her and pressing his lips firmly against hers.

“I love it,” Gena said to her husband. “And I love you,”

“I love you too, babe,” Zack smiled. “And I can’t wait to get you out of this dress and show you,” he smiled mischievously.

“I can’t wait,” Gena wiggled her eyes.

“Matt! I wanna dance too!” Val said to her husband, pouting her lips and making her irresistible.

“You drive me crazy!” Matt announced, giving into her, as he guided her towards the dance floor.

Soon Lacey and Johnny joined them as well, followed by Jimmy and Lea.

“Hey you,” Michelle announced to Will and Jade, who had been looking at their friends who rocked the dance floor. “I’m here to steal your boyfriend, J,” she said to her friend.

“Oh, is that so?” Jade chuckled, cocking her eyebrow at her.

“Yep! Will, would you like to dance with me?” she asked, offering him her hand.

“Jade has told me you’re quite the dancer, DiBenedetto,” he said, accepting her hand and leaving his girlfriend giggling at the sight of them.

Jade crossed her arms over her chest, adoring the sight of Michelle and Will bonding at the dance floor, meanwhile she could feel a pair of dark eyes on her.

“She stole your boyfriend, huh?” Brian chuckled, a glass of scotch in his hand.

“Looks like it,” Jade announced. “It was a great speech, by the way,” she complimented.

“Thanks,” he smiled. “I’ve never been so nervous in my entire life,” he admitted.

“Synyster Gates? Nervous?” she mouthed, her eyes widening.

“Ah, fuck you,” he shook his head, chuckling.

“Dance with me,” she requested.

“What?”

“I know you hate it, but dance with me,” she repeated.

“Gosh, all the things I do for women,” Brian said, emptying his glass and then putting it away.

The two of them entered the dance floor, his hands soon making their way on her back, meanwhile Jade’s arms linked around his neck.

“They’re so cute together,” Jade spoke, referring to how Michelle and Will seemed to get along pretty well.

“You do have a good taste in men, Perez,” Brian said, making her roll her eyes at him.

“Jeez, you’re even more cocky now than in high school,” she groaned. “Must be the fame,” she shook her head.

“I told you I was going to be the best guitarist in the world,” he reminded her.

“Yeah, I remember,” Jade muffled.

“Now I’m also the sexiest guitarist out there,” Brian announced proudly.

“Yeah, right,” the brunette rolled her eyes at him once again.

“It’s true! I was nominated in a magazine!” he told her.

“Let me guess, it’s hanging in your bedroom?” she cocked her eyebrows.

“Damned you, Perez!” Brian sniggered.

“Sorry, Haner. I can’t help it,” she chuckled. “It’s good to be back,”

“I can imagine. I told you that Cali is the place to be,” he smirked.

“Will tells me that I only talk about how great this place is,” Jade said to him. “Apparently I won’t stop talking about how Cali is the best place in America,”

“You’re learning!” Brian said teasingly.

“I guess I am,” Jade shrugged.

The two of them had been dancing for quite some time now, which surprised Jade. It was almost weird to be back, and especially when she was on the dance floor with Brian, her best friend’s boyfriend. The two of them caught up during the dance, as they hadn’t really talked in years.

“But have you started working?” he asked, the song drawing close to an end, which meant that they should get back.

“No, I’m starting next week. I’m nervous,” she admitted.

“You’ll be fine,” he assured her.

“Thanks, Bri,” Jade said.

“For what? Stating the obvious?” Brian chuckled.

“No, for letting me be your friend. I know it’s been weird after high school, but I still care about you,” she announced.

“No problem, Perez. I care about you as well,” he said.

“I’ll see you around, okay?” she said, freeing herself from him and noticing that her boyfriend was waiting for her.

“Yup,” he nodded, his eyes searching for Michelle.

Jade walked into Will’s embrace, and the guitarist soon found his own girlfriend, who had enjoyed another glass of wine.

“You had fun,” she smirked at him, feeling his hands on her hips.

“I did,” he confirmed, pecking the tip of his nose.

“I wanna dance with you,” she mumbled, bringing her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

“Please,” he moaned, really craving a cigarette.

“Pretty pleaseeee,” Michelle pleaded, her eyes wide and filled with mercy.

“You’re driving me nuts, DiBenedetto,” Brian told her, as he let her hand drag him towards the dance floor for another dance.

“It’s been a great night,” Michelle announced, the two of them moving slowly on the marvel floor.

“It has,” Brian agreed, sucking up the scent of her sweet perfume. “And you look great in that dress,” he said, even though he knew he had told her at least five times.

Michelle chuckled at him, pressing her lips against his. “You’re too good to me, Haner,” she mumbled happily, holding his gaze for a while.

Brian only smiled cheekily at her. A lot of things had happened over the past years. Avenged had become a world famous band that had toured across the world by now. The guys had never been closer, and everyone was settling down. Val and Matt were married, and now Zack and Gena as well. Jade was back in town, this time for good, and had started her new life with a new job and her boyfriend.

The life he had enjoyed when his band blew up was not the one he wanted now. At the beginning, Brian enjoyed having a new girl tugged up by his side every morning, but not anymore. He didn’t want to chase anyone but Michelle, and that realization was terrifying him. He was genuinely in love with her.

“What’s on your mind?” his partner voiced, noticing that his head wasn’t with her.

“I’m just thinking,” Brian sighed, a smile following his words.

“About?” Michelle mused, swaying her hips slowly.

“The future,” he let out.

“That’s a scary thing,” she announced.

“Michy?” he asked, looking into her light eyes.

Brian had always disliked the thought of the future. He didn’t like it back in high school when he knew Jade was moving away, and he certainly didn’t like it now when his friends were all settling down, meanwhile he still wanted to take things slow.

“Yes?” she responded, searching for his gaze.

“Marry me,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit
Gena's outfit
Bridesmaid's outfit

Awwww, I love Gena and Zack! ♡ And oh my God, I had a hard time picking out the wedding dress, because they were all so fucking pretty! I reallyyyy love Michelle and how good she's with Will, and it's also so nice to see Jade and Brian talking like friends! And omg!!! HE POPPED THE QUESTION YALL! How will Michy react? Leave a comment;-)

3 comments = next chapter!!!!!