‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Claire & Molly

Jade looked down the hall, a lump resting in her throat. The hall was long and filled with nurses and doctors that ran from one room to the other. Hospital beds were pulled out occasionally, and screams and panic filled the entire department.

How am I going to survive?

She had been stressing about this day for over a week, and had even managed to plan her outfit at the beginning of the week. Jade was dressed in a short black skirt that covered her upper thighs, a pair of black patent pumps and a baby blue bow-embellished embroidered shirt. On her wrist was her mother’s pearl bracelet, which happened to be her lucky charm, and her lips was as always glossy.

She tried to swallow, as a woman with thick black hair and glowing dark skin looked over at her.

“Excuse me, are you Jade Perez?” the woman asked, a sincere smile curving her rich lips.

The woman was taller than Jade, and was wearing a black plain dress that reached her knees and that was hidden underneath a white robe.

“Yes,” the brunette announced.

“Nice to meet you! I’m Claire! I work in the emergency room! Charlie told me you would visit us today!” the woman smiled brightly, applying a fair amount of pressure unto Jade’s hand.

“Charlie?” she asked.

“Charlotte Johnson! Our consultant!” Claire corrected herself, realizing that Jade wasn’t familiar with the woman’s nickname.

“Ah, yes! Where is she?” Jade voiced, tightening the grip around her black leather purse.

“She’s doing a surgery right now, so she told me to show you around!” Claire all but beamed. “We can start by showing you your desk,” the dark-haired woman suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea,” Jade smiled.

She liked Claire. She was outgoing and funny, making the entire situation so more relaxing, as she chatted with the brunette as though they were old friends.

“Charlie told me you just moved here from Connecticut?” Claire asked her new co-worker, who confirmed the information by nodding.

“Yes! I went to Yale, and then decided to move back here. I was born in Cali, and I really missed it,” Jade admitted.

“That’s so cool! I love Cali as well! I was raised in Philadelphia, and was in need for better climate,” the woman chuckled.

“Really? I used to live in Scranton back in high school,” Jade told Claire.

“Oh, seriously? Then you must know all about how cold it is!” Claire giggled.

“Claire!” another woman announced. “Is this our new co-worker?” the woman was a redhead with warm eyes and freckled skin.

“It is! Jade Perez this is Molly! She’s a sweetheart!” Claire introduced the two women, watching as they shook hands.

“Welcome to the emergency room!” Molly smiled brightly at her.

“Thank you so much!” Jade returned the nice gesture.

“It’s so good to finally get some fresh blood in here!” the redhead said. “We’ve been understaffed for so long, and we could really need that extra help,”

“Yeah, good God!” Claire agreed. “But Molly, we gotta get going. I’ll see you for lunch!” the dark-haired woman announced to her friend, as she guided Jade down the hall again.

The two women had gone through almost the entire department, as Claire had made sure Jade asked her about everything that was on her mind. The desk she had gotten was rather big, and she enjoyed the privacy she had in her office. It had already been cleaned out, and Claire had even made sure to buy some flowers to make sure that her new co-worker felt welcomed in her new job.

“When is your first shift?” Claire asked, the two of them walking towards the cafeteria as it was drawing close to lunch.

“Tomorrow night!” Jade announced.

“Ouch,” the other woman grimaced. “Have you done it before?”

“Yes! We had a lot of night shifts in Yale, so I’m used to it,” Jade assured her.

“That’s great! I’m not working tomorrow night, but I think Molly is. She’s a fun gal, so I’m sure she’ll take care of you!” she told the brunette.

“That’s a relief,” Jade chuckled. “I’ve been really nervous about this, so I hope I made the right choice,”

“Working here can be very stressful, but I often feel like the result is what makes it worth it,” Claire said to her new co-worker. “I mean, watching people arrive in a poor state and then see them live in a better one is a great feeling,”

“Yeah, I can imagine,” Jade nodded.

Jade decided to stay for lunch, as she and Claire kept bonding over their college experiences. The woman had apparently gone to Stanford, and had also been raised in a family that had planned her choice of college before she was able to pronounce the word.

“So you’re now living with your boyfriend?” Molly asked, as she had joined them as well.

“Yeah, we recently moved into a beach house,” Jade told her.

“Wow! I bet that looks gorgeous!” Molly voiced.

“Oh, yes! I wanna see pictures!” Claire cheered.

“You should come over for dinner,” Jade suddenly suggested, realizing that it might be a little crazy idea. “I know we just met, but we’re obviously going to work together, so it’ll be fun,”

“That sounds lovely!” Molly smiled brightly.

“Yes! Gosh, I really wish we didn’t have to go, but our lunch is soon over and we have a lot of work to do,” Claire announced, soon standing up and looking over at her redheaded co-worker.

“It was really nice to meet you, Jade!” Molly said.

“The pleasure was all mine. I’ll see you tomorrow night?” she asked, her hands already gripping her bag.

“Can’t wait!” Molly saluted, before the two women hurried back into the emergency room.

Jade could barely focus on the road on her way home. She was so relieved that her co-workers happened to be so lovely, and she could merely wait to tell Will about it. The anxious knot in her stomach had vanished, and she was genuinely convinced that she wouldn’t regret accepting the offer.

The woman turned the keys, turning off the radio that had companied her, before she made her way into the patio, realizing that familiar cars had been parked outside her house as well. The brunette shook her head, knowing who would greet her when she stepped into her home.

“Perez!” Jimmy was, as always, the first one to screech at her.

The drummer had a cracked beer in his hand and a wicked grin covering his lips. “Congrats on your first day!” he voiced out loud, meanwhile he shoved her into his chest, holding her firmly for a good while.

“Thank you, sweetie!” Jade chuckled. “You’re adorable,” she voiced, pecking his cheek.

“How did it go?” Johnny beamed, meanwhile he greeted the brunette.

“It went really well! I love my co-workers!” she told him.

“That’s amazing, babe!” Lacey squealed, sounding just as excited as Jimmy.

“Yes! Really,” Lea smiled at the brunette.

Jade hugged both Matt and Val at the same time, before moving on to Brian, Will and Michelle.

“Gosh, you didn’t have to do this,” Jade told her partner, who had his arm draped around her upper body.

“Of course I had to,” Will argued. “You’ve been stressing about this all week,” he said, brushing a stray of hair out of her face.

“You’re the sweetest person,” Jade announced, pressing her lips firmly against his.

“Your house is massive!” Val commented.

The guys were currently standing in the living room, which was wide and consisted of broad windows and white walls. A giant chandelier was hanging between their couches, and they had two small coffee tables settled in front of each dark couch. The broad windows gave the guys the perfect view of the beach in front of them, and the sunlight that broke through the window lightened up the entire room.

“It’s so gorgeous,” Lea agreed.

“Can I just live off your money?” Jimmy asked, his eyes widening meanwhile he gave Jade the puppy look.

“I’ll think about it,” she played along.

“Can I get a tour? I wanna see everything!” Lacey beamed.

Jade only chuckled exchanging a brief look with her boyfriend. “Follow me,” she announced.

The couple had gone for a modern décor, as Jade had grown tired of the traditional design her parents adored so much. Luckily, Will was just the same, and had also allowed the brunette to organize most of their beach house.

“Okay, so this is the kitchen,” Jade said, feeling as though she was in an episode of Welcome to my crib.

The kitchen was rather rustic, and perhaps the least modern place in the house. All of the shelves had been painted grey, and the floor was made out of wooden tree, matching the one in the living room. In the middle of the room was a long island and over it hung a bright chandelier.

“This is just so stunning,” Michelle commented.

“Do you have beer in the fridge?” Matt spoke.

“Probably,” Jade responded. “If not, then Will can show you where he has all the vodka,” she said, causing his entire face to brighten up.

“Heck yeah!” Matt exclaimed.

Jade soon guided her little group of friends upstairs, where she showed them one the bathrooms that consisted of her favourite bathtub and glass-shower.

“What the fuck? This must have cost you a fucking fortune, J!” Michelle mumbled, meanwhile looked at the bright window next to the tub.

“Not when you’re together with Will,” Jade whimpered, avoiding the way Michelle’s eyes only widened.

The tour went on, lots of cursing following her through her house, before she showed her friends the last room, which happened to be their bedroom.

“That’s where we caught you guys!” Jimmy snorted out loud, before he ran forward and all but slung himself on top of the king-seized bed.

“It’s comfy,” Jimmy announced, making himself comfortable.

“That’s good to hear,” Will chuckled, a glass of whiskey resting in his hand.

“Okay, that was it,” Jade said, just as they all paddled back into her backyard, where they all made themselves comfortable in their couches.

“I gotta say, this crib is sick,” Johnny said to Will, who had just opened a bottle of tequila, not realizing that Jimmy would soon run off with it.

“That’s because of Jade. She’s so picky when it comes to décor, I had no idea,” he admitted, watching as his girlfriend eyed him.

“Jade’s picky when it comes to everything,” Brian chuckled, remembering how she had been back in high school.

“Apparently not very picky if she dated you,” Johnny said.

“Fuck off, Short Shit!” the guitarist barged back.

“Jade! You need a drink!” the drummer said enthusiastically at the brunette, who had just stepped out of her heels and placed her feet in Will’s lap.

“Not today!” she said, her hands up in the air. “I have work tomorrow, and I cannot be hungover!”

“Fuck that! I’m drunk at work all the time!” Jimmy argued. “One drink! Come on!”

“One drink turns into seven shots, Jim. I know you,” Jade pointed out.

“Don’t be boring! Come on!” he just wouldn’t let it go, as he disappeared inside her house, returning a couple of minutes later with a mojito in his hand.

“Gosh, you’re such a child!” she chuckled, while he handed her the drink.

The brunette took a sip from her drink, soon choking on the beverage while she glared at the drummer, who just smiled innocently back at her.

“Jimmy! What is this?” she squealed, as the bitter taste lingered in her mouth. The drink he had given her didn’t taste like mojito at all.

“It’s a mojito! Lea loves my drinks!” Jimmy argued, while wrapping his arm around Lea’s torso.

“This is not a mojito!” Jade disagreed.

“Let me taste!” Lacey offered, and took a sip from the drink, soon grimacing as it ran down her throat.

“What the fuck, Jim! Did you mix Captain Morgan, tequila, gin and a little bit of mojito in here?”

“I did no such thing!” the drummer claimed out.

“Okay, I’m not drinking this,” Jade said, getting up to her feet and paddling back into her kitchen in order to grab a beer, as she realized that the guys wouldn’t stop until she grabbed some liquor for herself.

The brunette cracked open a Corona, feeling the cold drink in her hands, meanwhile Michelle came walking towards her.

“Jade!” she squealed happily, not able to resist the smile that tugged on her rich lips.

“Chelle!” Jade greeted.

“There’s something I gotta tell you!” the brunette announced to her best friend. “And you’re the first person I’m coming clean to,” she added.

“Oh God, this is never good,” Jade let out, watching as her friend placed her elbows on top of the marvel island.

“Are you-” Michelle interrupted before Jade got to ask.

“Not pregnant!” she assured, her finger resting in front of Jade’s eyes. “But I’m engaged!” she let out.

Jade had probably never seen someone as excited as Michelle, meanwhile she tripped around the kitchen, bouncing like a little child on Christmas Eve. The surprise all but rolled over Jade’s face, leaving her completely mute for a minute.

“J! Come on, say something!” Michelle ordered, as she was tempted to physically shake her friend.

“Congrats!” Jade practically yelled, before she rounded the island and encountered Michelle in a tight hug. “Good God, you nearly gave me a heart attack!” the brunette said.

“Thank you so much, sweetheart!” Michelle chuckled, genuinely surprised that a petite woman like Jade was able to bring that much force into a hug.

“I want you to be my woman of honour,” the brunette told her friend, now cupping her face and waiting for the reaction to hit Jade.

“W-what?” the words came stuttering out of her lips. “You want me to be the woman of honour?” Jade had to blink a couple of times.

“Yes, dorky! You’re my best friend and you mean so much to Brian as well. We'd love to have you!" Michelle announced, pecking her best friend’s cheek.

“Yes! Of course I’ll be your woman of honour!” Jade announced back, tugging her arms around Michelle’s neck again.

“I’m gonna throw you the biggest bachelorette party you won’t be able to remember!” she promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit
Living room
Kitchen
Bathroom
Bedroom
Backyard

Jade's new co-workers are so cute, and I can already reveal that they will appear later on as well! Looks like Jade's gonna be the woman of honour! How will this turn out? Any ideas?

3 comments = next update!