‹ Prequel: Love on the Brain
Status: ♡ 3 comments = update! ♡

Make You Feel My Love

Two old enemies

Brian woke up the next morning, a groan leaving his lips when the sunlight rolled over his tired eyes. The man shuffled into his pillow, his hand running through his rough hair, meanwhile he rolled unto his stomach, refusing to acknowledge that it was morning.

“I told you to invest in new curtains,” Michelle chuckled from the door entrance.

“Why are you up?” he said groggily, his voice still thick with sleep.

“It’s almost lunch time, Bri,” the brunette announced, the smile never leaving her lips as he opened his eyes and looked at her, realizing that she was dressed in a grey singlet and a pair of yoga pants.

“What?” Brian groaned. “Are you leaving?”

“No, I just returned from my yoga class with Jade,” she spoke softly.

“But I thought she had a night shift?” he cocked his eyebrows, propping himself on his elbow.

“She did. She went straight from work to our yoga class,” Michelle shook her head. “That woman,”

“Have you ever considered calling the hospital and telling them that they’re about to kill their doctor?” he suggested, watching as the brunette kicked off her shoes and crawled unto the bed.

“So many times, babe,” Michelle let out. “But you know Jade,”

“Yeah. A stubborn little fucker,” Brian shook his head, soon placing his head in Michelle’s lap, expecting her to run her fingers through his hair.

“I’m sorry babe, but I’m gonna hit the shower,” she chuckled, gently placing his head somewhere else.

“Can I join you?” Brian asked. “It’ll be a brand new workout,” he smiled cheekily.

“You’re a monster,” Michelle chuckled, watching as her significant other threw the sheets off his body and chased her into their bathroom.

***

“Oli! I can’t believe it!” Jade squealed at the sight of her cousin, who she hadn’t seen in almost a year.

“J!” Olivia exclaimed, pulling her into the tightest hug her bump allowed her to give. “Gosh, it’s been forever!” the raven-haired woman announced.

“It has!” Jade agreed, tilting her body back and looking at her beloved cousin.

After college the two of them had stayed in touch, which hadn’t been that hard considering Olivia went to Columbia, and therefore had the opportunity to visit her cousin frequently.

Olivia was probably one of the people from high school that hadn’t gone through a heavy transformation. Her hair was just as straight and dark as it had been back then, and she still looked gorgeous with her natural glow brightening up her face. Her style had also remained the same, as it still consisted of fancy and expensive designer clothes.

“I can’t believe you’re bringing your knocked up cousin to a bar!” the raven-haired woman chuckled, cradling the cup of tea Will had prepared for her.

“It’ll be fun! I even checked their menu, and they do have soda!” Jade assured her.

“Yey!” Olivia cheered. “Are your co-workers joining you?” she asked.

“Molly and Claire are coming! You’re going to love them, Oli! They’re so great!” Jade promised.

“I can’t wait!” the woman squealed.

“Just let me change into something nicer, and we’ll get going!” the brunette announced, excusing herself as she went into her walk in closet and grabbed a ruffled mini dress and her leather pumps.

“You’ve upgraded since high school,” Olivia teased, admiring the pink Gucci dress her cousin was wearing.

“Thanks, Oli,” Jade rolled her eyes at her, snatching her car keys from the marvel island in her kitchen, before she kissed Will goodbye and took off with her cousin.

The two women made their way inside the bar, soon greeted by the cheering from Jade’s co-workers, as both Molly and Claire had decided to start the night, not waiting for the other girls.

“Jade!” Claire giggled, folding her arms around her friend and pressing her in for a hug.

“Hey,” Jade chuckled, the smell of alcohol instantly catching her nose. “This is my cousin Olivia,” she introduced the two women, who both shook hands.

“And this is Molly, my other co-worker,” Jade said, pointing over at the ginger-haired woman who sat across from Claire.

“A pleasure to meet you,” Olivia announced. “Jade’s been talking about you so much!” the dark-haired woman said to the two of them, meanwhile she climbed into the booth.

“She has?” Claire quipped, sounding somewhat surprised.

“Of course she has! She loves you!” Olivia chuckled.

“Aw, that’s so sweet!” Molly beamed, sending Jade a sincere smile.

“It is! We’ve heard a lot about you too, Olivia! Jade really didn’t do you justice when she said you look stunning,” Claire admitted, causing Olivia to crack up a little.

“Oh, sweetheart! You’ll make me blush!” she giggled. “Thank you very much, Claire! Jade, you’re right. I do like these girls,” Olivia looked over at her cousin.

“I told you,” Jade smiled cheekily. “I’m gonna go and order. Do you want a coke?” she offered Olivia.

“That would be nice,” her cousin smirked, her hands resting on her stomach.

Meanwhile Jade went to order some beverages, the girls around the table started chatting, everyone acting as though they had known each other for decades.

“Congrats, by the way!” Molly said to Olivia, as it wasn’t really hard to spot her bump.

“Thank you!” Olivia beamed happily.

“I used to work in the birth department,” Claire announced.

“Really? This is my first child, so I have to admit that I’m very nervous,” Olivia chuckled.

“It’ll be just fine!” Claire assured her. “I’ve never witnessed a birth that didn’t went well,”

“Seriously?” Olivia asked, genuinely surprised.

Claire nodded, embracing her straw with her finger and taking a sip from her cocktail.

“That’s a real relief,” Olivia admitted, just as her cousin returned to the table with her drink.

“Here you go, straight edge,” Jade wiggled her eyebrows at her cousin, who was soon filling her glass with cold coke.

“I’m just straight edge for a couple of months until I can let loose again!” Olivia told her.

“I bet you can’t wait,” Jade chuckled, rolling her eyes at her.

“I’ve actually enjoyed being pregnant,” Olivia admitted.

“Oh, really? I know a lot of people have problems during their first pregnancy, but it’s great to hear that you’ve been lucky,” Molly smiled.

“Yeah, I’m so thankful! I was genuinely scared that I would have really nasty experiences, but it’s been surprisingly great so far,” Olivia confirmed.

“I’m so happy for you!” Claire beamed.

“Thank you, love,” the dark-haired woman returned her gesture.

Jade looked at the three women, thankful that everyone was getting along so well. She soon finished her beer, and then went to order more, just as she bumped into someone.

“Jade!” Matt’s rusty voice reached her ears, as she looked up and saw the man who completely towered over her, despite how many inches her heels happened to be.

“Matt!” she announced back, soon being greeted into his embrace. “What are you doing here?” she muffled.

Matt looked over his shoulder, and soon Jimmy and Brian appeared behind him.

“That’s what I’m doing here,” he said, pointing at his friends. “We’re just having a boy’s night,”

“Without Johnny?” Jade cocked her eyebrows.

“We invited him, but he’s home doing God knows what with Lacey,” the singer explained. “What brings you out here?”

This time it was Jade’s turn to look over her shoulder, as she soon pointed at the three women who were all too caught up in the conversation to notice that Jade gone.

“Is that…” Matt started, narrowing his eyes.

“Can’t be,” Brian joined.

“Olivia?” her name fell from Jimmy’s lips, as the drummer had applied more force than intended, which caused the woman to look up at three men she didn’t expect to see again.

“Jimmy Sullivan? Matt Sanders? Brian Haner?” the last name was pronounced with a little disgust, as she knew exactly how things had turned out between her cousin and Brian.

“Olivia…” Brian sighed, almost disappointed that Jimmy was right.

“Bri,” Jade narrowed her eyes at him, nudging his ribcage.

“These are my co-workers Molly and Claire! These are my friends from high school! Brian, Matt and Jimmy!” Jade made a quick introduction, before she disappeared towards the bar, assuming that the guys would be gone when she returned.

But she was wrong.

Jimmy and Matt had settled down next to Olivia and Molly, meanwhile Brian, in protest, had found himself a spot as far away from Olivia as possible.

“I didn’t know you would be joining us,” Jade confessed, her cocktail resting in her hand.

“Same,” Olivia stated.

The brunette sat down next to Brian, watching as the conversation started to roll around the table again.

“So, you’re the ones who make her work her ass off all night?” Matt asked the two women, a beer circling in his hand.

“Nope! That’ll be Charlie! We’re suffering just as much as Jade!” Claire stated, making the singer chuckle out loud.

“She works all the fucking time! I never see her!” Jimmy screeched.

“I’m sorry, sweet,” Jade said to the blue-eyed drummer who only pouted his lips at her.

“You should quit and become my trophy girl!” he offered her once again, making her giggle.

“So, Olivia, what happened since last time I saw you? You didn’t get into Yale, right?” Brian sounded like he enjoyed himself.

Jade kicked his leg under the table, her pumps bringing a soft yelp from his lips.

“Very funny, Haner,” Olivia stated just as dryly. “I got into Columbia, which has been good. I studied biology and met the love of my life,” she told him.

“Who knocked you up,” Jade added, a cheek smirk playing on her lips.

“You’re fucking pregnant?” Jimmy all but yelled out loud, looking at the dark-haired woman with wide eyes.

“Oh, I don’t think the ones in the back heard you!” Olivia yelled back at the drummer, narrowing her gaze at him, making him feel guilty for being so loud.

“Sorry,” he muffled.

“Yes, I’m pregnant,” she confirmed.

“Why the hell are you here?” Matt cocked his eyebrows, bringing his cold beer up to his lips,

“Because that little dork brought me here!” Oli said, pointing her finger at her cousin.

“I thought it would be a nice place!” Jade defended herself.

“This is a nice place,” Brian agreed.

“Jeez, you’re stil into her after all these years?” Olivia half-chuckled, watching as the guitarist cocked his eyebrows at her.

“Excuse me?” Brian muttered.

Jade could feel her jaw tightening, as she cleared her throat and raised her voice. “Brian’s dating Michelle! They’re the cutest couple ever!” the brunette announced.

“You guys went to high school together?” Molly quipped from her seat.

Molly and Claire had been watching the conversation among the guys, realizing that it was a rather toxic tone between Brian and Olivia.

“Yeah,” Matt confirmed.

“And they dated!” Jimmy joined in, pointing his finger at Jade and Brian.

“Wow, and now you’re good pals? That’s very impressive,” Claire admitted.

“I don’t understand why she puts up with him,” Olivia commented, sending Brian a nasty glare.

Olivia knew everything about how things had ended between Brian and Jade, and she hated him deeply for it. The woman couldn’t stand Brian, and she would use every opportunity to let him know so.

“Jade’s always been more blessed than you,” the guitarist fired back, this time causing the brunette to shake her head.

“Okay, enough,” she claimed. “This is Oli’s night in town, and if you can’t behave then we’ll leave and do something else,” Jade said, eyeing both her cousin and Brian.

“I like your idea, J,” Olivia announced, taking a sip from her coke.

“Oli…” Jade sighed. “Can we please don’t talk about high school, and instead have a little fun?” she pleaded.

“How about some dancing?” Molly suggested, a clever smirk resting on her lips, meanwhile her new co-worker gave her a thankful smile.

“That sounds like a brilliant idea!” Claire agreed.

“Watch out, ladies! I have the sickest dance moves!” Jimmy warned them, soon jumping out of the booth and joining them at the dance floor.

“I like them,” Matt said. “They’re funny,”

“Yeah, they’re very kind,” Jade agreed. “So, how are you holding up without Zack and Gena?” the brunette asked.

“Where’s Baker?” Olivia asked.

“Honeymoon,” Matt responded, watching as his friend stole attention on the dance floor, Jimmy working his body together with the beat.

“He got married?” she nearly spilled her soda.

“Are you jealous because he’s one step ahead of you?” Brian half-snapped.

“Seriously, guys!” Jade let out. “I’m not gonna put up with this anymore. You’re grown adults, start acting like it!” the brunette ordered. “Come on, Matt. I’m not putting up with this behaviour any longer,” she claimed, giving both of them her harsh tone, meanwhile she gathered her belongings and found a new spot with the singer.

“Did she seriously ditch us?” Olivia dropped.

“What the hell?” Brian sighed.

The two of them looked at one another, soon drawing their gazes away from each other, as Olivia looked down into her drink.

“Is it a girl?” Brian asked, his long fingers hooked around his beer.

“Excuse me?” Olivia looked up at him.

“The baby,” he said, glancing at the tip of her bump.

“I don’t know yet,” she announced. “Nate doesn’t wanna know,”

“Prince charming?” he half-chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

“Exactly,” the dark-haired girl nodded.

Olivia started chewing on her bottom lip again. She didn’t want Brian’s small talk or to be near him at all. He’d hurt Jade. Immensely. He had sold her out in exchange for some cheap rock star life, and even though her cousin could forgive that, Olivia would never.

“Olivia-” the dark-haired woman cut him off by raising his hand.

“Don’t bother, Haner. I don’t like you, and you don’t like me. You don’t have to pretend in order to make yourself feel better,” she told him, barely looking at him as she stood up, wanting another coke.

Just as the dark-haired woman stood up, a man rushed passed her, almost knocking the pregnant woman off of her feet, as her hands reached for the table, clutching herself tightly.

“What the hell!” Olivia yelled at him, as the man turned around.

“What’s your problem?” the man cocked his eyebrows, refusing to acknowledge what he’d nearly done.

“You can’t just run into people like that!” she barged at him.

The man only rolled his eyes at her, chuckling at the woman. “Shut the fuck up, you bitch,” he responded.

“Watch it!” Brian suddenly spoke, taking Olivia by surprise as he got to his feet and placed himself in the middle of the man and Olivia.

“What’s your fucking problem, man? Is she your girlfriend or something?” the man chuckled out loud.

“She’s fucking pregnant, dude! You nearly knocked her off her feet!” the guitarist stated angrily. “How fucked up are you?”

“Ey, watch your fucking mouth!” the man said, drawing closer to Brian, both of his hands clenched.

“Jade!” Matt nudged the brunette who hadn’t really paid attention to what was happening.

“Matt, unless they’re strangling each other, I don’t wanna see it,” she sighed.

“This is way better!” he chuckled, as Jade looked over at the two of them, noticing a scene she thought she’d seen.

“Oh my God,” she breathed, before she got off her bar stool, snatching Matt’s arm in the process.

The two of them walked over to the scene that acted out. Brian and the guy were looking at each other with looks that could kill, just as Jade placed a hand on Brian’s shoulder.

“Bri, what is going on?” she voiced.

“That fucking prick tried to knock her over!” Brian bellowed angrily.

“Dude, you’re acting out! I bumped into that bitch,” the man barged back.

“Ey! I’m standing right here, you fucking jerk!” Olivia snapped harshly.

“Okay, knock it off, yall,” Matt announced, moving his friend out of the way and trying to create some distance between Brian and the man. “Just walk off, mate,” he told the man.

“You guys are fucked up. Especially him!” the man pointed a meaty finger at Brian, who only rolled his eyes, his arms crossed over his broad chest.

Jade watched as the man shook his head and took off, Brian cursing under his breath, meanwhile she glanced over at her cousin.

“Are you okay, Oli?” she muffled.

“No, definitely not! That guy thought I was together with Brian!” she hissed, causing her cousin to roll her eyes.

“Jeez,” Matt shook his head.

“Thanks, Olivia,” Brian mumbled.

“Okay, can we please go back to partying now?” the singer whined. “Round’s on me,”

“I’m in if you buy me a coke, Sanders,” Olivia announced.

“Already on it, Sanchez,” he smirked, before he fished for his card and walked over to the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Thank you so much for all your kind messages! I'm still on a break, so I'll try to update once a week or something. Please forgive me for that!

Sooo look who's back in town! Your favourite cousin! I love the tension between Oli and Brian, they're still hilarious, even after all these years!

Does Oli have a point? Is Brian still into Jade? If you wanna know, you gotta leave a comment!

3 comments = next chapter!