Status: what am I doing

The River and the Sea

THEO

"He's, uh, pressing charges," the deep voice of Theo's lawyer said through the receiver.

Theo wasn't surprised, but it didn't stop him from sighing and leaning against the wall of his office. He could hear the rumbling of customers outside, waiting to get their drinks. He tapped his foot, anxiously, wanting to do anything but think.

"For Christ's sake," he muttered, running his hand through his wildly curly brown hair that his mother complained about every time she saw him.

"You broke his nose."

"Because I watched him put something in a girl's drink!"

"I know. This is why I think I can get it thrown out...but I just wanted to warn you."

Theo sighed again. "Thanks, Barry."

He hung up the phone and walked out to the bar. Samuel Redman, an retiree that came in every afternoon, threw his hands up in the air and said, "There you are!"

"Sorry, important business," Theo muttered, pouring his whiskey neat and sliding it over to him without another word. There was another person, a woman, that was sitting at the very end. She was alone but she was reading something in her lap. He walked over to her side and said, "Can I get you anything?"

She looked up and at first he didn't recognize her. But as soon as he did, he felt his stomach drop.

"Iselda?"
♠ ♠ ♠
just somethin'