Status: what am I doing

The River and the Sea

THEO

It was sophomore year of high school. She walked in late to English class because of a doctor's appointment and brought him leftover French fries from McDonald's. His face brightened immediately as he took them, graciously.

"God, I love you, Is," he said, munching on them secretly while Mrs. Rover was going on about Hamlet.

She only chuckled and turned to listen to the lecture.

After school, she was leaning against his car and talking to Josh Graves when he approached. Josh cleared his throat and walked away, awkwardly, because even he knew too. She looked between the two of them, confused.

Theo smiled at Iselda, despite being very nervous, and then he took her face in his hands and leaned down to kiss her, deeply. When they let go, she looked at him with a look of absolute shock.

"I meant it," he murmured, "when I said that I love you."

She stared at him for a brief moment, her brown eyes staring up at him, wide-eyed, and her dark hair blowing in the breeze. But her face broke into a smile and she laughed, pulling him down and kissing him again.

"It's always been us, hasn't it?" she murmured back to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
cryin' bc I want a Theo