Status: working on it

Skin + Bones

stubborn

TBMA - Obsessed (Feat. Lynn Gvnn)

Cecilia's phone dinged constantly throughout the evening, at least once every hour. However, she refused to look at it. Instead, switching it to vibrate as to not be questioned by her parents. She had cooked dinner, chicken alfredo, her mother's favourite. With her parents working later into the night, Cecilia took it upon herself to cook for her sister and herself most evenings.

Her parents conversed with Amie, asking about her day and listening intently and with happiness as she talked about the pictures she drew during class. Cecilia zoned out, pushing her food around on her plate. Her thoughts wandered. She thought about school, how far behind she was and how she was only letting herself fall further. Thinking about school always ended up in her having a panic attack and shutting her brain off, disassociating and running on autopilot as the day went on. She knew she was screwing up her future but didn't care all that much. As she saw it, she didn't really have a future anyway.

She was brought back to the present as her mother called her name.

“We got another call today,” She said softly.

Her father sighed.

“You didn't attend classes again,”

“Sorry,” Cecilia replied monotonously.

“We really need to get this sorted,” Her father said, leaning his elbows onto the table. His green eyes bored into her, full of disappointment.

“I know,” She replied again in the same tone.

“You always say sorry and that you know, but we never see any improvement. I think we need to start seeing the doctor again,” Her mother said, sadness written all over her features.

“No, please. I'll go, I'm sorry,” Cecilia begged, dropping her fork, “I'm trying, I really am. I got a lot of my homework done tonight,”

“That's good, I'm glad. Thank you for dinner, as well,” Her father smiled, but she knew better. It wasn't a full smile, it didn't reach all his features, he was merely trying to make her feel better.

Cecilia nodded, picking her fork back up and finishing her pasta. She helped her mother do the dishes after everyone was finished eating before retreating back to her room. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Pulling it out, she found too many notifications, an unusual sight for her.

“What,” She whispered to herself, unlocking her phone and setting it down before changing into her pajamas. She picked it up again as she made her way to the bathroom to get ready for bed. There were at least ten messages from Jimin and another few from Instagram and snapchat. She closed the bathroom door, opening the messages first.

Jimin: - :(
- why not?
- I'm fun I promise
- did you die?
- ceeceeeliaaaaaaa
- fine :( I see how it is.
- please come to school tomorrow
- I wanna see ur cute face at the bus stop
- sorry for being creepy, I hope I'm not actually annoying you.


Her eyes were wide as she read the messages, butterflies fluttering around in her stomach as she reread them.

He thinks I'm cute.

She hadn't realized she was smiling until her screen went black, showing her reflection.

Control yourself. He doesn't actually like you he's just joking around, she scolded herself.

She checked the other notifications, seeing he had followed her on Instagram, and somehow found her on snapchat as well.

“What a stalker,” She shook her head, but accepted the requests anyways.

However, secretly, she was enjoying it. Cecilia was enjoying the fact that a boy was paying her so much attention, that he seemed to be fighting to speak to her. That he even wanted to speak to her. Once her face was washed, teeth were brushed, and she was back on her bed, she plugged her phone in. Opening the app, she typed out a message before rolling over and trying to sleep.

Cecilia: goodnight jimin :)
♠ ♠ ♠
short(er) chapter bc I'm so tired lately, sorry. I'll try and make them longer in the future.

Image