Status: Story Complete!

The Abduction of Regan Emmett

Heartfelt

I wanted to save her.
But I just didn’t know how to.
I couldn’t hear you scream anymore.
I had to get out of there.
Regan I’m sorry this is happening.
I want to save you, really I do.
But Ogre has us both in a fucked up situation.
If only you knew.
I will find a way to get you of this.
Even if I have to put my life on the line.


-
John woke up to hear the shower running. He rubbed his eyes for a moment, looking down he saw he had fallen asleep on the concrete floor. He looked around him to see if Ogre was anywhere to be found but he wasn’t, probably out getting high somewhere deep in the woods where no one could find him. John felt it was the perfect opportunity to talk to Regan, to really have a heartfelt one on one. He stood up, and walked to the bedroom she was shackled in, he could see the chains leading into the bathroom, which was quite steamy. He looked over to the bed and saw her clothes lying there, and picked them up, and bringing them to her.
“Regan?” She heard a voice and immediately screamed out, a force of habit it seemed. “I’m sorry, it’s just me, Ogre isn’t here. I uh, brought your clothes.”
Regan popped her head out of the shower and looked at John, his eyes were puffy and red, he looked like a mess. He had his lip piercing back in and a blunt hanging on his ear, for whenever something bad would happen and he smoked to get high enough to take away the emotional pain. Regan never understood that, weed only made her even more miserable, but to each their own.
“Um, thanks.” She said, turning off the water. She dried her hair off than wrapped herself up in the dirty blue towel that was clearly never washed. Who knows what was on it, but she needed a cover. John stood by the door. She stared at him for a moment, giving him the clues that she wanted him to turn around, which he did, leaning against the door, he closed his eyes for a moment, trying to think of how he was going to talk to her, knowing the last thing she wanted to do was to ask how the weather was.

“K, you can look now.” She spoke in an emotionless tone. He turned and saw her in a red dress, it was sleeved, and was meshed in the back, it was fairly short, just above the knee, but she had nothing else to wear, so that was as good as it got. She sat down on the bed, chains shackling around as she tried getting comfy, she tried not to look at him again, not being able to bear it. He stood there for a moment trying to find the right words, she could tell he wanted to say something, but was too scared. As he began to walk away, feeling angry with himself, Regan knew she had to speak up.
“Why did you run away?”
He stopped dead in his tracks.
“What did you say?” He asked, turning back at her.
“I said, why did you run away? Yesterday, when I was calling out for you, you ran out the door and didn’t come back for the rest of the night.” John put his back to the wall across from her and slid down to the ground, placing his elbow on his knee and his palm on his temple, trying to find the words to answer her question. She spoke no more however, waiting for him to say at least something.
“I couldn’t listen to it.”
“You couldn’t listen to what, me being raped by some disgusting animal?” She got angry, her face turned red. She was now on her knees.
“I couldn’t hear you being hurt.” He wept. He knew there wasn’t an excuse for the things he had done to her, just kidnapping her was enough to make her hate him, but he didn’t want her to hate him, he wanted her to know he wasn’t as bad as she thought he was. That even though he was around Ogre and lived with him and watched him do all these nasty things, John would never partake. He only was around to get rid of the bodies, but never once committed the gruesome acts.
“You don’t care about me getting hurt.” She spoke in a tone full of aggravation.
“You really don’t get it do you? I CAN’T do anything without Ogre chewing my balls off. I want to help you, but if I do he’ll not only kill you, but he’ll make me watch and then kill me afterwards.” John became annoyed. Annoyed with how superior Ogre thought he was, just because he had more experience with this sort of thing and always assumed he’d never get caught. He looked up at the ceiling and let out a harsh sigh, scratching his head, trying not to get frustrated.
“I called for you, I wanted you to help me, as fucked up as you are for putting me in this place, you’re not as bad as him, you saved me from getting killed once already, I thought you’d save me from this too but I was wrong, you only care about yourself, it’s no wonder Ogre chews your balls off all the time.” She said, folding her arms and scooting back to the bed, leaning against the wooden wall behind her. He couldn’t say anything, because she was right, he was either really dumb, or just a pussy, maybe both.
“I want to help you, Regan. Don’t look at me as the piece of shit bad guy, I never wanted you to be brought here at all. You heard me ripping him apart the first night you were here? I was pissed. I didn’t want this for you. From the moment I saw you I knew there was something about you... Something crazy, but perfect.” He looked down at his hands, which were shaking.
She didn’t know what to say. Why was he being so nice to her? What was it about her that was so perfect that there was an immediate attraction towards her?
“I care about you, Regan. We may not know one another, but I do. It hurts me to see him mess with you and it made me psychically sick knowing he raped you, I wanted to kill him.” He clenched his hands into fists and hit them on the floor. “He’s gonna pay, I swear it.”
But she didn’t know whether to believe him, he could be saying anything to get her in a vulnerable place. She held up her guard, but tried to reason with him.
“Don’t do anything to get us killed, please. Just… Talk to me once in a while, it gets lonely. You’re the only one who hasn’t tried killing me, don’t shove Ogre’s knife in my back.” Her eyes watered, she was scared and lonely and didn’t know if anyone was really coming to get her or not, they could have been just saying that.
“Of course I’ll talk to you, and no I have no intentions of killing you.” For the first time, they both smiled. It was a moment they would soon both remember.
He got up and brushed off his pants and shirt before heading out the door, when he heard Regan’s voice once more.
“Thanks…” She whispered.
He looked at her with a genuine smile.
“Your welcome, Regan.” He darted out the front door, and like that Regan was alone again, but this time she didn’t feel so alone emotionally, maybe John wasn’t such a bad guy, it was almost as if he was just as trapped as Regan, she had to help him too.
She prayed she was really being rescued though, maybe than John could be free too, away from this madness, but she knew he would never make it out of these woods without going behind bars, she was determined to see the real him, and maybe than they could unite to stop Ogre, or was this just a big joke?

She would soon find out.