Status: Story Complete!

The Abduction of Regan Emmett

Family Matters

Days have passed and yet nothing had changed, Regan was still captured, James and Giuseppe haven’t been able to get out there and rescue her, they were waiting on more officers to arrive in Glenn Jean to make this a full blown case, so they had permission to start their search. Things were different in West Virginia.
Giuseppe had remembered his phone call with Regan’s parents, Tom and Amy. They were worried sick, not knowing whether their little girl was going to make it out of there, and they knew they needed to be there in case she did. Her father had high hopes, her mother however was always worried and panicking, her anxiety through the roof even if one of her daughters scraped their knees. She was told to stay put, not wanting to deal with the stress, causing a potential heart attack, so Tom would be going alone. He hadn’t enough money to fly out on his own, but James paid his way full, he knew the situation and was prepared to help out in any way he could.

~

They waited and waited, the days grew longer and the nights were shorter. How was that even possible? When you’re trying to rescue someone from potential death, the Earth worked in a mysterious way. James looked down at his watch and realized it was already evening time, where did the day go? He looked around him, watching out for other police officers, and Tom, who would be riding in one of them. He took a deep breath and let out a large sigh, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples, fearing this was just a waste of time.
“It’s alright buddy, even If we have to do this alone.” Giuseppe patted his shoulder gently, knowing how worried he was that this was going to bite him in the ass.
“How do I shake this overwhelming fear that we’re not gonna get to her in time? Ok, we get officers, now it’s time to hunt down this fucking cabin we may never find.” James took a seat on the hood of his police truck.
“How fucking big are these woods, really? They can’t stretch for miles upon miles, that would make no sense, how the woods are bigger than the god damn town itself? Something ain’t right.” Giuseppe crossed his arms, trying to picture the size of the woods, from the rumors, it was a large wooded area, people had gotten lost in there many times, some never came out.
“They say people died in there from getting lost. Or maybe Ogre and the other one just took them and murdered them in cold blood like their gonna do to Regan if we don’t get out there.” James slammed his hand on the hood of his truck, angry at how helpless he was being, he was a cop for fuck sake. He had to do something. “I’m not gonna sit here and wait.” He attempted to get in his truck and go but Giuseppe grabbed him and slammed him against the driver door.
“No! You’re not doing this right now. You go and get yourself killed or lost, then what? You just need to calm down, brother, we’ll figure it out. We know she’s not dead, he’s playing games with us, he wants us to find her, don’t you get it?”
“He wants to get us as close as possible, and then when he realizes we’re close he’s going to kill her, I can already see it. He doesn’t want us to find her and rescue her, he’s a mad man!” James knew Ogre too well, he was familiar with his antics, he was familiar with how crazy he was, Giuseppe wasn’t fully aware of the dangers this man caused Thurmond, even the whole state of, WV.
“Okay well regardless, we’ll make sure he doesn’t kill her, even if I have to get some snipers to hide in a nearby location to shoot on command if he attempted to hurt her.” Giuseppe tried reassuring James, which he appreciated. Maybe they can do this, maybe there is hope, but only one way of finding out.

A couple more hours passed, James and Giuseppe were inside eating and talking amongst themselves about random bullshit, Ahniah sat beside Giuseppe stealing fries off his plate, not caring about anything other than Regan’s safety.
“Guys I don’t think anyone’s coming…” Ahniah interrupted James and Giuseppe’s conversation, they went from laughing to sadness in a matter of seconds.
“I had a feeling the whole day.” James placed his hand on his chin, now playing with his food instead of eating it.
“Way to brighten the mood babe.” Giuseppe whispered to Ahniah, who rolled her eyes and got up. Before she could speak again, they heard sirens from outside, they all looked. Four police cars rolled up in the parking lot, James’ face lit up like a Christmas tree.
“Hah!” Giuseppe clapped in excitement. “Never lose hope guys.” They all walked outside, feeling a bit more at ease. 8 officers stepped out, and greeted one another firmly. Soon after a bit of conversation, another man stepped out of one of the cars, and older man. He wore a white t-shirt, torn pants, and converse. Like father-like daughter. His hair was down to his shoulders and had a sleeve of tattoos on his arm. He looked like your regular biker gang member. Not what they were expecting, they knew immediately he was Regan’s father, and went to introduce themselves happily.
“You must be Tom. I’m Officer Duval, and this is my partner Officer Andrews and his girlfriend, Ahniah.” James shook Tom’s hand pleasantly.
“Nice to meet you all, I’m Regan’s father, I’m here for one reason and that’s to get my baby back from whoever those lunatics are.” He seemed very eager to help them in any way necessary, even if that means jumping in front of bullets or taking stabs to the chest, he would do anything to protect his youngest daughter, he wasn’t going down without a fight.
“We ride out in the A.M, bright and early, we’ll be out looking for the whole day, are you prepared?” Giuseppe asked, already knowing Tom’s answer.
“Are you kidding me, gentlemen? I was born ready to take down anyone who hurts my baby. Let’s fucking do this.” They all high fived one another, and got ready for their biggest hunt in Glenn Jean history. This time, there was going to be hell to pay.
No one was ready for what was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't written in a few days, I know I said Monday - Friday, but I had some things going on and honestly I wasn't in the mood to write, I needed to take some time to collect myself so that when I did come back I could give you all a good chapter to read, so I'm back now, hope you enjoyed. xx