Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

Leadville, Colorado

It has been nearly 3 weeks since Lucy lost her grandfather. Her grandfather raised her from the time she was 5 years old. They were all either of them had. Lucy was cherished by her grandfather simply because she was the first girl born into the Urie family since the early 1800's.

Lucy had sold off most of everything except a few things of hers and her grandfathers before moving to a small town in Leadville, Colorado. After finally settling down in her new apartment the weight of everything life had given her came to life. She was never alone before, she didn't know how to do this life all by herself.

A sudden rumble at her stomach brought her out of her self loathing. "Guess I need food." She stated shaking her head before heading back out the door. "Guess we don't have a Walmart." Lucy sighed driving around more than a half an hour before pulling into a small grocery store.

"Welcome to Bargain Grocery!" A cashier greeted a little too enthusiastically.

She smiled before walking down a few aisles grabbing what she thought she needed for a week. It was not until she got to aisle 7, the bathroom aisle that goosebumps struck her. A man standing above 6 feet tall grabbed body wash off of the top shelf and locked eyes with Lucy almost the instant she rounded the corner. He was gorgeous, well kept brown hair, chocolate eyes that shown a hint of gold from the lighted fixture.

Lucy felt as if she were lost in a trance, there was nothing running through her mind for those few seconds she was lost in his eyes. Finally the man posed a small smile and looked away, Lucy felt embarrassed she gasped out a small laugh before brushing it off and continuing passed the man on the aisle. She stopped at the end and grabbed her body scrub before quickly heading towards the register.

"What the hell was that?" She thought to herself. She had never had that feeling before just by looking at someone.

"You'll drive yourself mad if you keep fighting with your thoughts." The man's voice rang through her head while she finished placing her items on the belt.

"Jesus." She clutched her chest at his presence.

"Nope William Beckett." He smirked. "You are?"

"Lucy."

"Lucy huh? Well Lucy I've never seen you here before so I'm only going to assume you're new. Welcome."

"Yeah I actually just moved here." She smiled.

"$89.48 ma'am." The cashier spoke, suddenly nervous to see William in his line. "Oh Mr. Beckett sir, I didn't see you there. Good afternoon."

"Hello Andrew." He responded almost humbly.

"You the Mayor or something?" Lucy joked placing her remaining bags in her cart.

"No, my family has just been around here for a very long time. We all know each other, don't we Andrew?"

"Oh yes sir! Here's your receipt ma'am have a nice day."

"Thank you, you too."

"Well see you around William Beckett." Lucy waved walking out of the store.

"You most certainly will, Lucy."