Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

I Love You

3 months had passed by since that night Lucy was attacked. Her and William were officially a loving pair, they spent every free moment they had together. She still enjoyed her job at the candy store where by now everyone in town knew who she was. Brendon every so often would come by and make small talk with her, she considered him to be a good friend as well. It was supposed to be the beginning of spring but being at such a high altitude, Leadville only saw cold snowy days.

There were a lot of people in town worried for Lucy being in a romantic relationship with William Beckett. They didn't know if he was just using her until he was ready to turn her or kill her, it was never made clear to them if she knew what he was or not. No one dared to ask her about it in fear William would find out.

"William let go the phone's ringing." Lucy giggled trying to get out of his grasp.

"Let it ring, there is a thing called voicemail you know." He refused to let her go.

"I don't like voicemail it means I have to make time to call back."

"Ok but hurry back."

"Hello?" She answered just before the ringing stopped.

"Hello, is this Ms. Urie?" A male voice sounded from the other end.

"Yes it is, how can I help you?"

"This is Anthony Ivorson from Memphis Financial. I'm calling in regards to your grandfathers account here, it has finally reached out records that he has passed away. We do offer our condolences, however we do have some things in his deposit box that was left for you in the event of his passing. Would you be able to come down at any time with the proper identification to claim these items?"

"Oh wow, I didn't even know he had an account there. But yes I would need a few days to get there though, I do not live in Tennessee anymore."

"That'll be fine, just call ahead and let me know when you'll be here so that I'll be here to handle this with you personally."

"I will do that, thank you so much for calling. Have a nice day."

"You as well."

"Is everything alright?" William asked as Lucy's face looked lost in thought.

"Oh, yeah. It looks like I need to claim some things from my grandfathers deposit box at the bank back home."

"Would you like some company?" He smiled trying to sound cute and irresistible.

"Of course! Have you ever been to Tennessee?"

"I can't say that I have."

"Well it'll definitely be hot right about now so make sure you pack some decent clothes!" She teased ruffling his hair.

The next morning William went to pick Lucy up from work to get a head start on their drive east. "You ready to go beautiful?" William asked placing his sunglasses on top of his head.

"Just a few more minutes until 5. Let me clean off these scoopers and I'll be done." She smiled heading into the back.

"William?" Nathanial spoke.

"Yes?"

"She will be returning right?" He asked in a worried but hushed tone.

"What are you getting at?" William shot back defensively.

"I don't mean any disrespect sir, I just value Lucy greatly as an employee. What I'm saying sir, is that I hope that she comes back unharmed. As a human that is."

"Nathanial, I admire your courage to question me like that. Seeing as it's in the right tone I'll not take it as defiance. I can assure you she will be back unharmed as soon as she's taken care of the business she was called away to attend to. I care about her deeply the way she is to do any harm to her."

"Thank you sir." He sighed in relief shaking William's hands.

"Ok Nathanial, I'll call you as soon as I get there and know when I can come straight back." Lucy smiled taking her apron off.

"Don't you worry about a thing Ms. Lucy! We will be just fine here, have a nice trip."

"After you, beautiful." William smiled ushering her out of the store. He opened up the passenger door of his Range Rover for her and closed it as soon as she got situated. He took his spot behind the wheel and pulled off east bound.

"You do know this is a 17 hour trip right?" Lucy asked as it was approaching midnight.

"Yes love, I'll be alright I napped earlier." He lied. "Get some rest, we'll be there around 10am.

"Ok, I want to go straight there so we have the rest of the day to visit everything."

"Sounds great dear, now get some shut eye.

Lucy's grandfather visited her in her sleep while she rested. More worried than the last time she dreamt of him.

"Pappy? What are you doing here?"

"Lucy, you are in danger. You have to get away please. I tried your whole life to keep you safe, I can't physically protect you anymore. Please take heed of my warning and get out!"

"Pappy!" Lucy screamed shaking out of her sleep.

"Lucy, you alright?" William asked pulling over.

"Yes I'm fine. Nightmare." She exhaled short of breath.

"Well I made reservations at a Hampton Inn. Let's swing by there and get cleaned up along with some breakfast before heading over."

"That sounds great." She smiled taking hold of his hand.

William grew a little worried noticing how sunny it was here. It had been a very long time since his skin was exposed to direct sunlight. He was hoping that no one would pay any attention to it. He parked the car into the parking lot and carried their bags into their room after checking in.

"Wow this is huge!" Lucy cheered in excitement at how luxurious their hotel room was.

"Only the best for you."

"You really are the best. I don't know what I've done to deserve such a wonderful man such as yourself." She complimented wrapping her arms around him.

"Trust me dear, I am the lucky one. You are like royalty to me, I cherish our relationship. You're the only woman for me." He spoke sincerely.

She paused for a moment and gazed into his dark eyes. When she looked at him she felt safe and happy, like she was on top of the world. Life had only gotten simpler with William in it. "I love you." She blurted out without a second thought.

"You what?" He asked, having never heard those words spoken together at him before.

"I-I love you." She repeated more confidently.

"You don't know what it means to hear you say that to me. I love you too Lucy, with everything that I am."