Sequel: Reckoning

Tale as Old as Time

Family Tree

They had spent the week in Tennessee, just exploring all the places Lucy was around as a child. They also grew more intimate with each other, William was learning how to satisfy her without being so rough. When they arrived back home Lucy was so exhausted she barely woke up to go inside.

"Lucy are you alright?" William grew worried at how out of it she was.

"Yeah, just really tired. Could be the altitude change." She excused not opening her eyes.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No dear, I'll be fine. Go on home and get yourself some rest. Thank you for such a wonderful trip."

"I love you, I'll check on you later tonight." He promised kissing her forehead.

"I love you too."

Lucy laid there after William had left, in pain. She had enjoyed being close with William but her whole body was aching. Any other sexual partner she had never left her feeling so worn out and sore, she wasn't why she was feeling this way. She got up to go run a hot bath, she grabbed the manila folder that she got from the bank and brought it with her to view while she relaxed.

After getting settled into her lavender bubble bath, she opened the folder and pulled the sheets of papers out of them. Something was still at the bottom of the envelope, she turned it over and shook it onto her hand. It was a ring, silver band with an oval shaped emerald diamond set inside. She set it up on the edge of the tub until she read through all of the papers.

She found documents of stocks and bonds that her grandfather had invested in over the years, to make sure he would have something financially to leave Lucy. She came across a list of family members from down the line. There were a few photographs she thumbed through before she came across one that caught her off guard.

"Oh my god." She gasped jumping straight out of the bathtub. She rummaged through the family tree names until she got to his name. Brendon Urie born 1801 married to Lucille Heartly in 1823. "No, no this is impossible." She panicked running around her apartment trying to find some clothes. She grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before going back to the bathroom and grabbing the ring off of the tub. She slid it on her finger to not lose it and she ran out the door.

"William, so glad to see you back from your trip." Brendon smiled greeting his friend from his desk.

"What's going on?" He eyed the room full of unfamiliar vampire's.

"They've come to discuss some concerns."

"What concerns?"

"It appears there's a group of hunters sweeping the nation taking out our kind. They seem to be very good seeing as they've not been able to destroy them. They've come here because you know one of the hunters."

"I do?" William asked a little confused.

"Pete." Brendon responded with a raised eyebrow.

Pete was supposed to be a powerful vampire, he was recruited for his speed and agility as a human. William went to turn him into a vampire 15 years ago and was unsuccessful. His body rejected the venom and mutated into a half mortal half vampire. After that Pete has hated William for making him the way that he was and he vowed to do whatever he could to one day destroy him and every vampire he could.

"Where is he?" William addressed the other vampire heads.

"Heading this way, they just destroyed everyone from Chicago." One of them answered.

"How nice." Brendon smirked twirling his pen in his fingers as he stared into the firing erupting from his fire place. The vampires began discussing their plans of attack on the hunters when he sensed Lucy making her way up the mountain. "William go." Brendon spoke only to him in his thoughts.

William slowly backed away and ran out the front door, watching Lucy recklessly speed up the steep hill to their home. "Lucy you can't be here right now, it's not safe."

"Get out of my way William! I have to get some answers!"

"Lucy! Stop!" He called after her as she ran into the house.

"Brendon!" She shouted running through the foyer, rushing into his study into a crowd of blood thirsty vampires.